Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #1
TakinANapster
BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer!

I bought what was supposed to be a "sexed pair" of Rosy Boas for $357.

When they arrived, they were in the same container with no indication as to the sexing of the snakes.

When confronted, Ken said he would not pay my Vet bill to have the snakes sexed. He went on to imply that I was ignorant because I could not probe them myself.

Let me state, "I admit I am no expert". However, I have bought "sexed pairs" from 17 other breeders around the USA and every single time....they were shipped in seperate containers and clearly marked by sex. This is common practice among suppliers. I believed I had 4 years, until my babies grew upo and had babies, before I needed to learn how to probe....and even then I was planning to have the Vet do a Clutch at a time since she charges no more for a Clutch than for 1 snake.

When I did take the animals to the vet to be sexed, I found they were also infested with mites!!! Ken just blows this off as being "typical when you buy a snake and you should have the common sense to know how to treat for mites". This is the quality of animal, customer service, and feedback you get from Exotic Pets LLC.

I, personally, will never buy from Ken again....AT ANY PRICE!

Best regards to you all,

Denny Joe Hatcher

Old 10-02-2011, 10:32 AM   #2
Kristi23
Can you post your e-mails between you and Ken?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #3
farfrumugen
just a question but how long was it between receiving the snakes and discovering they had mites?

Old 10-02-2011, 10:58 AM   #4
TakinANapster
I got the snakes Tuesday, I just got them sexed yesterday....so 4 days.

I'll put all the emails into 1 thread and post. I think he purposely started a new thread each time he replied.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:00 AM   #5
dragonlvr64
I just had an awesome experience with Ken and will for sure buy from him again.

He did everything 100% to make me happy. Great to talk to on the phone, fast and prompt replies to emails. He took pictures for me on several animals I was interested in. This was within a couple hours of him receiving my email.

Shipping was great as well. I am very happy

Old 10-02-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
TakinANapster
Would you agree as all my other breeders and suppliers have stated that the "default" should have been to package the snakes seperately and mark the sexes.....since I paid for sexing?

Old 10-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #7
farfrumugen
it would definitely be helpful to you to post paperwork from your vet saying it had mites along with your emails your going to post.
adam jeffery

Old 10-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #8
farfrumugen
every time i have ever ordered multiple snakes from a breeder they were always shipped in individual containers. now if they were not then im not sure it deserves a bad guy thread. just because his shipping methods are different from others. the mites on the other hand in conjunction with the shipping and bad customer service is another story. sexing snakes should be done by both the seller and the receiver every transaction regardless. i would not focus to much into that but more on the mites and customer service. both are unacceptable in this case.
adam jeffery

Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #9
TakinANapster
While I'm compiling all the emails....to give an idea of Ken's customer service, here's a quote:

"I was not aware that you are inexperienced to the point that you are not able to do something as simple as probe a snake."

I paied for "sexed snakes" - they should have been sexed and plainly marked. That's my point.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 AM   #10
TakinANapster
As far as I can tell, this was my first email to him after noticing the issue. The first contact was by phone when I let him know the snakes were packaged together. I thought it was be email so I could show you, but I guess I was wrong...here goes:

"Ken,

I have 2 other people look at the snakes who know reptiles. The spurs are not noticeable enough at this young age to tell sex. They are going to have to be probed by a Vet. Since these were supposed to be a “sexed” pair, I would hope you would pay the $40 Vet bill I must pay for the sexing.

Please advise.

Joe Hatcher
773-491-1039 Cell Phone
"

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!