Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #31
Rainbowboaman
Did you have pics of snakes prior to purchase?

Old 10-02-2011, 02:02 PM   #32
WebSlave
This is just my personal opinion, but I believe that EVERYONE should verify the sexes of the animals they receive immediately. Mistakes happen to everyone. No one is perfect. Even with a one in a thousand odds of making a mistake, that means that there will be one animal out of every one thousand that will be sexed incorrectly. That one animal could be one that YOU just got. Quite frankly, I would take anyone claiming that they NEVER make this sort of mistake with a LARGE grain of salt. It DOES happen to even the best of us.

Sex them now while the mistake could be easy to rectify. Waiting until they are breeding age a couple of years later to then find out that you have a mis-sexed snake is going to really put you behind the eightball, and not leave much room for the seller to do anything about it that would make you real happy. It would be highly unlikely that a seller would have an adult available for you to breed NOW, so you will really be in the lurch with your breeding plans if this happens to you.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:08 PM   #33
snakemami
Like Harold, I too have bought from Ken multiple times with varying degrees of satisfaction. I purchased a group of 5 adult bloods once and some adult gonyosomas as well as other things.

The OP is right. Very rarely does Ken mark the package or send them in separate containers. For both of my big orders, none of the animals were marked m vs f and I called Ken about it. He was pleasant, easy to speak with and apologized that they were not clearly marked. I popped them or probed them and placed them into the right enclosure based on sexing.

While I find Ken's packaging a little less than some other breeders, I will say that the animals are properly packaged for their health, which is more important to me.

The only time I ever had an issue with an animal I got from Ken, he IMMEDIATELY made it right for me.

I would not hesitate to buy from him again and have made multiple purchases from him and will continue when he has what I want.

Old 10-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
Captive Bred Excellence
Ken Foose

Ken and I have done business for 20 plus years without a problem. If Ken sexed the snakes their sexed correctly. As Webslave stated everyone makes mistakes so it's best to double check. I have received MANY mis-sexed snakes including one from a vet/breeder.

As far as the packaging goes I would be more concerned about the actual shipping box they were sent in. I received a pair of snakes once in a 1/8" cardboard "cell phone" box in the middle of winter with no heat pack. Personaly I seperate sexes and label the individual containers, but I have a very small number of animals I work with.

The mite issue needs documentation and if in fact they did have mites when shipped thats not good business and I'm sure Ken would either work with you to elimininate the mites or as he allready offered give you a full refund. As far as paying shipping both ways if you have proof of the mites he would most likey pay the extra shipping cost and you would be out nothing.

Tad Fitzgerald

Old 10-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #35
Jay the Turtleman
I got some green snakes from Ken in the spring of this year. Instead of just assuming he would, I specifically asked him to seperate the males and females and mark the containers. He was happy to do that for me.

Maybe if you wanted something a certain way, you should have requested it beforehand like I did. I'm sure he would have happily accomidated you.

Now if the mite thing is true, like others have said, that's different. But is there proof? Not so far...

Old 10-02-2011, 04:36 PM   #36
TakinANapster
Mites in my stock? NOT!!!

These mites are ONLY on te Roay's which are quaranteened in the basement, far away from the 2nd-level Snake Room LOL

I have decided to "suck it up" as you say and treat them myself. I have no choice now that he refuses to take them back with mites. He too is accusing me of giving the snakes mites out of my stock. The Vet showed me what to look for and I inspectd each and every animal. Just the Rosy Boas.

Even if I sent them back, I would have been out $40 with absolutely nothing to show for it, and Bad Guy Ken would have come out Scott Free!

Yes, I would have eventually learned how to probe. As I did this time....The Vet let me do it while she coached me. I had no plans in being forced to learn now. I had 3+ years to learn!!

And, DeborahBroadUs....this may seem petty to you, but it's not to me. The Vet bill increased te cost of the Roay Boas by over 10%, and me and the snakes have to battle mites (fun)!!!

I fought for YOU in Vietnam, and brought back a prosthetic, a prosthetic arm and no hearing in my right ear. I live on a FIXED income. Fourty dollars will feed me for a week! I could NOT afford $40 for a Vet bill when I had ALREADY PAID FOR THEM TO BE SEXED!!!!!

LadyReptile - Again, I know about the YouTube videos, and have watched my Vet to this many times. I just did not think it was in the best interest of the snakes for them to be my first attempt. I did give it a try by the way....it did not start easily and I was not going to force it.

Even a few of you on hear have agreed all shippments of animals are seperate.

Ken at Exotic Pets LLC made one error that caused all this, by packaging the animals together. Nobody else does this, nobody!

Old 10-02-2011, 04:42 PM   #37
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
And, DeborahBroadUs....this may seem petty to you, but it's not to me. The Vet bill increased te cost of the Roay Boas by over 10%, and me and the snakes have to battle mites (fun)!!!

I fought for YOU in Vietnam, and brought back a prosthetic, a prosthetic arm and no hearing in my right ear.
Preaching to the wrong choir, there - Deborah is deaf

As far as your service, it is appreciated; but what, exactly, does it have to do with this thread?

Old 10-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #38
TakinANapster
The only thing it had to do with this thread is Deborah called the issue petty. I don't call $40 petty. It's enough for me to eat on for a week.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #39
TakinANapster
I found my Vet bill and it just says "Office Visit $40".
I will have my Vet produce a letter stating they have mites, so I can post it on here for all to see....but it will do no good.

Tad Fitzgerald -> Ken has already stated he will NOT pay return shipping, so I will be out the $57. Because of this, and that he won't pay my $40 Vet bill...I'd be $97 in the hole. For this reason I will go ahead and keep / treat the snakes and just hope they came from the Limburg bloodline as was promised. For some reason, I doubt his word there too

Old 10-02-2011, 05:09 PM   #40
TakinANapster
RainBoaMan - Yes I had a picture of each. I had no idea though 1 was over twice as big as the other. Even though the difference in size, and even though Ken supposedly sexed them himself, he could not tell me which was the big one and which was the smaller one.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!