Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-02-2011, 05:58 PM   #51
TakinANapster
Ken Foose Exotic Pets LLC

Ken Foose is not reputable. He says one thing on the phone and another in his emails. He is not to be trusted.

And yes, he did make a mistake.

EVERY OTHER BREEDER I HAVE ASKED HAVE SAID THEY WOULD HAVE SHIPPED THE ANIMALS SEPERATELY! PERIOD.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #52
hhmoore
Now think they should have been shipped separately?? Sounds pretty unreasonable to me.

(btw - your capital letter tantrums don't impress me)

Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #53
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Now think they should have been shipped separately?? Sounds pretty unreasonable to me.
Now *you* think....

Old 10-02-2011, 06:13 PM   #54
OzzyNR
So wheres the proof of the mites? It seems like you "forget" to mention that. The shipping part doesnt really seem to merit a Bad Guy thread.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:37 PM   #55
TakinANapster
By shipping seperately, I meant in the same box, but in seperate cups....like ANY other breeder would have done.

As far as proof of mites, if you look back in the threads, all I have is proof of the Vet visit. I will get proof from the vet tomorrow and attach it for all to see!

All I wanted to do is warn those hobbiests like myself that this guy is uncaring and basically a bad guy. Instead, it seems at least in some of these threads, it is me that is getting beat up.

Do business with him if you choose, or take my warnings and choose not to. It's up to you.

Myself, I plan on expanding fast and somewhat large over the next 5 years....and Exotic Pets WILL NOT be a supplier. They are in my Supplier Database, however, with full documentation....just in case I come accros a "deal" someday and forget this deal....I have it documented so I will never forget.

-Joe

Old 10-02-2011, 06:40 PM   #56
TakinANapster
And YES, the experience with the shipping and his bad attitude on the phone and in email deserves a Bad Guy Tread....much worse I would believe!

Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #57
Laura Fopiano
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
Ken Foose is not reputable. He says one thing on the phone and another in his emails. He is not to be trusted.

And yes, he did make a mistake.

EVERY OTHER BREEDER I HAVE ASKED HAVE SAID THEY WOULD HAVE SHIPPED THE ANIMALS SEPERATELY! PERIOD.
Actually Ken is a reputable seller. I purchased from him 5 years ago, we received our snake well packed and correctly sexed.

Did you ask him to ship them in separate containers?

I would also like to see proof of the mites. He offered to take them back, send them back and be done with it.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:46 PM   #58
snakemami
Denny, a little off topic but maybe a way to save you some money.
1. Do you have any local reptile shops, pet stores with snakes, other hobbyists, herp society etc in your area? If so, I guarantee you that the charge at most to probe a snake would be $5 or free. Maybe you can find someone in your area.
2. There are a lot of alternatives for mite treatment, and quite frankly less costly if the need to save money is imperative. You can use a mixture of olive oil and warm water to kill the mites and get them off relatively easily. You can also purchase Nix spray at Walk Mart for $6 vs PAM at $20.
3. My father is a Vietnam vet and my husband is active duty in combat currently with 4 tours under his belt in the last several years. Neither of them would use that excuse as an argument, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt out of respect.

To be honest, there are two things here you are saying prompted the bad guy thread.
1. He didn't package the snakes the way you wanted to show you which was the male and which was the female. I can understand that frustration, but it doesn't make Ken a bad guy... It just means he did it differently than you wanted him to. I have first hand experience with this with Ken but I wasn't upset enough to post a bad guy thread.. and I had to sex 5 20+ lb black blood pythons who were pissed.. I would agree that Ken's packing sometimes leaves a little to be desired and the best use of your time would be to help Ken maybe learn a lesson from this. Next time you order a snake, make sure you ask the seller to ship with specific instructions as well.
2. You say you received them with mites. Many people here have asked you for proof of this and a simple picture of the snake with mites or a vet's letter will go a long way for you here. But in the grand scheme of things, it could be a lot worse. I am not saying mites are excusable, but it's not a dead snake at this time you are dealing with... so once again I am trying to keep things in perspective.
3. I see that the communication between you and Ken has shut down. Could it be because you maybe came off very harsh or rude? I know the old saying you get more with honey than vinegar really is true. If you went at him rude or harsh, he probably doesn't want to deal with this. If that is possible, maybe a simple I'm sorry for being rude is in order on both of your sides. It is really hard to communicate effectively when one or both parties are heightened which it sounds like here.

On a separate note, $40 for your vet charge for probing a snake is super ridiculous....

Old 10-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #59
TakinANapster
I should not have to "ask" for the snakes to be put in seperate containers, any halfwit would know to doi that by default....but Ken does not fit in that category.

He's noncaring and only out for the almighty dollar. He's only out for the masses....

"I get about 80 emails a day, and about 50 or more phone calls about my kingsnake ads. I'd say that about 10% of these actually result in sales. The rest is just plain old retail. It's the way it goes. It's just a car lot. One out of every 10 people any salesman speaks to might buy something. It's the way of retailing. I'm used to it." - Ken Foose

Old 10-02-2011, 06:56 PM   #60
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Other than the snakes supposedly having mites, which I'm really not convinced of at this point, what did Ken lie about here? I don't see what Ken did intentionally wrong that you would doubt the snake's bloodlines. He overrated your knowledge of and experience with snakes, that's all I'm seeing. You've done nothing but try to cause harm to his business by talking about things that you have no idea about or evidence of.

Honestly, if you ever email me about a snake, I will politely refuse the sale, just not worth the trouble if you are offended by some minor oversight if I happened to make one. Everyone is human and makes mistakes, but I don't see any egregious ones here unless he did send you mites. After your snide comments on here, my confidence in that is pretty low.

Chris

I'd buy from Ken.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!