Info Courtney & George Schertler - Retic Owners Watch Puppy Being Eaten and Posts Pics - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:50 AM   #21
Siukie
I just heard what happened.. and I have to say it is terrible. That puppy should of never been near the retic in the first place.

Old 06-20-2013, 06:22 AM   #22
bxjoon
Sooo let's see, the 2 remaining large "mainstream" constrictors that where not part of the lacey act and are in the possession of these morons are a retic and a boa...Someone's gonna have fun with this..

Old 06-20-2013, 07:06 AM   #23
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
Harsh?

As stated before, they were warned multiple times about letting that dog get in that retic's face. They were asked, repeatedly, to be more responsible about it and people tried to educate them on how to properly deal with these animals.

This is not simply an accident, this is blatant neglect that shows that someone is incapable of properly maintaining barriers and attention to a large instinct driven animal that has the ability to bring serious harm to some one or some thing.

Do I need to go over the screwed up psychology in taking a photo of this pet being killed and devoured and the POSTING it on Facebook again?

People who harm animals on purpose are assumed psychopaths but somehow this guy taking photos of this event and sharing it with the world is part of "just an accident"? No.

They have no business owning these animals.
I totally agree. It is in my opinion irresponsible to keep a puppy and then not keep it safe. To then take pictures while the puppy was dying from one's own lack of responsibility is disgusting.
In one fell swoop these people have harmed the innocent puppy, their own reputation, and by virtue of the photo stand to do considerable harm to the reptile community. Will non-reptile owning onlookers necessarily see what looks like the horrible actions of exceptionally clueless owners? No. They may mistakenly attribute this kind of behavior to all of us.

I hope that anyone reading will not sell as much as a cricket to Courtney and George Schertier in the future, they do not in my opinion show enough responsibility to own any creature.

Feh.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:19 AM   #24
dhaisten
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat73 View Post
Then in true inbred fashion... They post it to face book.
Couldn't put it better myself. Just taking a look at pics of them I'm instantly in favor of population control. Too bad if it ever goes down full scale the powers that be will not discriminate.

Yup, that is the lame thing about the burmese python legislation, missed the big one.

That is the good thing about living in a sub-tropical area. If the snake ever gets really big you can just let it go....

Sorry folks, nobody should own a reticulated python or other similar potentially deadly animal without the appropriate license. Keeps the common folk away.

Leave it to the zoos.

Hopefully the snake takes care of these two ingrates eventually. They just need to scent themselves with dog.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:23 AM   #25
Xaila
Sorry, this is inexcusable and indefensible, 'accidental' or no. It's patently clear that they were not keeping these snakes in a safe or correct fashion.

The complete lack of remorse and scrambling to blame the father-in-law (who probably has no clue how to handle large constrictors) just shows how immature these people are. Posting pics to Facebook is beyond disgusting. I'm completely appalled. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before that retic kills the boa constrictor as well.

I hope this doesn't have negative repercussions on the rest of the large constrictor owning community. These people need to never have animals again and I hope to whatever benevolent deity exists that they don't have children.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #26
nickolasanastasiou
I cannot determine whether this outcome was an "accident" or intentional in aim, but what I can observe leads me to believe that the effect is a natural product of the residue of extremely poor design.

Not enough time to react, but enough time to photographically document the process? Nothing could be done? One could be amazed at the extent of what can be done when one lifts a finger beyond the extent of effort used in pressing a camera button.

Foreknowledge of the potential for this existed. Access and proximity were enabled. Attempts to intervene were in no way taken. Excuses a-plenty are offered after the fact. At the least, these owners were simply indifferent and ignored all of the points of failure in a keeping operation. At worst, they may have been a touch too curious while expressing a disturbingly low amount of empathy. I am not saying they wholly desired the end result, but more than a modicum of engineering contributed to it regardless.

Disgusting.

Old 06-20-2013, 10:32 AM   #27
mxracer4life
My stomach feels sick now. I agree, these people shouldn't be allowed to own pets. It takes a sick mind to not only stand there and NOT help that poor puppy, but instead take pictures of it!

Old 06-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #28
Plethora Of Pythons LLC
I agree. Accident or not, to take the time to take pictures, then to post them to Facebook shows a complete insensitivity and callousness that could really damage the entire reptile community. Absolutely inexcusable to allow it to happen and it is reprehensible that they publicized their recklessness.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #29
chongorojo
Diem, thanks for posting. There is no way these people should own those snakes and god I hope they dont have kids! How do you ignore advice to change the situation when logic tells you as well as that nasty rumor that big snake keepers feed cats and dogs that you couldn't KNOW FOR A FACT that puppy would end up food! Did this get emailed to the offender Diem?

Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM   #30
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongorojo View Post
Diem, thanks for posting. There is no way these people should own those snakes and god I hope they dont have kids! How do you ignore advice to change the situation when logic tells you as well as that nasty rumor that big snake keepers feed cats and dogs that you couldn't KNOW FOR A FACT that puppy would end up food! Did this get emailed to the offender Diem?
Brian, I have been blocked from being able to communicate with them, so no, they do not know.

Not that it probably matters.

I'd bet a good amount that any response they have will be poorly expressed and profanity laced to the point they simply get banned anyway, but if anyone wants to send them the link, feel free.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!