Bad Guy I was scammed by Evan Phillips, kamochameleons, koiboy, realkoi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-28-2014, 07:26 PM   #1
mattc
I was scammed by Evan Phillips, kamochameleons, koiboy, realkoi

I am posting in response to a scam I fell victim to with Evan Phillips,(realkoi, koiboy, kamochameleons, wnychameleons@gmail.com etc.) Evan purchased 2 nosy be males from me last year around February 18. From that point on he contacted me constantly several times a day almost every day. Lots of questions regarding husbandry and other herp related questions. As time passed he had offered lots of ideas, sent me a few packages of silkworms for free. This was all of his own doing, I did not request this. Even sent me a few customers (gaining my trust). He seemed to be very eager to start working a small partnership. We discussed several things and ideas for several months. I was never too sure of all of this but thought it could be fun so I was in. On May 4th he approached me with the idea of purchasing a few animals together, keeping any quality animals and selling the others to reinvest. I paid 270$ to Augie and Amy’s Dragon and chameleon room. The animals were shipped to Evan as I did not currently have any extra space. (Hind sight is 20/20, stupid on my part. Lesson learned) Things went fine Evan kept in constant contact and sent photos from time to time. Eventually he claimed he was going to send me some money from the sale of the animals. Nothing ever showed up and this was July-August. Phone contact became sporadic and short. He finally sent me a text and said he had sent the money. Not the case. I responded to let him know that nothing showed up. He said he sent it to a different paypal account different from what I told him. (The fact that he lied about sending money shows that he recognized that he owed me money) I sent him another message with the correct email and that was the last time he responded to me. Since then other stories have cir culated about him but I’ll leave that for them to share. After talking to others I felt it was necessary to post this so others don’t fall prey to the same tactics. At one point he claimed to be capable of importing and tried to get me to pay 3k for a F. minor chameleons. Anyways, I am more than aware of my mistakes, so I ask that you avoid giving advice on what I could have done differently and keep to the actual problem. I will post images from paypal and the shipping label from Augie. Yes, I will text Evan as soon as I post this. I think you will find my reputation to be clean and free from any unhappy customers. I have been selling on here for several years and raising chameleons and herps for over 15 years.
thanks and beware
Matt Canham
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #2
Snake-Queen
It will be helpful in posting all relevant emails you have, especially ones showing his acknowledgement of owing you money.

Old 12-28-2014, 08:40 PM   #3
mattc
Text message

This is conversation regarding paypal. He said he could not talk because grandma was ill. funny thing was that he posted chameleon pics on Facebook minutes later.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2014, 08:42 PM   #4
mattc
More texts

Conversation continued, sorry won't upload all at once from my phone?
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2014, 08:44 PM   #5
mattc
More texts

This is our last conversation.
Attached Images

Old 12-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
Only one question left, have you notified him of this thread?

Old 12-29-2014, 12:11 AM   #7
LauraB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
Only one question left, have you notified him of this thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattc View Post
Yes, I will text Evan as soon as I post this. Matt Canham
He addressed that issue in his first post.

Old 12-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #8
Snake-Queen
Must have missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 12-29-2014, 05:03 PM   #9
Robert Walker
Evan Phillips
Fauna User: koiboy19
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...r.php?u=136604

Old 12-29-2014, 05:30 PM   #10
Robert Walker
Has he seen the thread...
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!