Sheila Topp/Shelialovesanimals BAD! BAD! VERY BAD! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:38 PM   #11
Aprylla
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcherps

Also it is not "illegal" to ship with DHL, FEDEX, UPS it is just against company policy. It is only illegal if shipping with USPS.
You are correct that it is not "illegal" to ship with one of those other carriers. However, if you ship through *any* carrier and do not clearly mark the box as to exactly what is inside (and how many of them) it is a violation of the Lacey Act which is Federal law.

FYI, yes I intend to keep the Mali Uro and do everything I can to bring her back to good health if at all possible. My conscience would bother me for a long time if I didn't at least *try* to save it. I will definitely update as soon as she arrives, with pictures possibly.

I knew that dealing with this Sheila person would be "risky" at best. I didn't post this because of the $$$ involved, I posted to show anyone who may even be considering buying from this person to save themselves a lot of hassle and a terrible headache and NOT to purchase anything from this person.

Like I said, under normal circumstances, I would never have bought anything from this person after reading the whole "Ben Siegel" incident on the BOI, but I kept thinking about that poor little Uromastyx that was in her care and went ahead with the deal. I normally *do* only deal with good, known, reputable dealers when I purchase reptiles, but this was a special circumstance.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:44 PM   #12
nat_r
Unhappy

the lady in question apparently replies quite often on these boards... wonder why she hasn't replied to this thread yet. I hope she's embarassed herself... even I feel embarassed for her. But from the sounds of it... she will probably blame everyone except herself for the situation that is now at hand. Poor lizard. Please let us know how its doing.

Old 01-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #13
Bringerofdoom
wow this woman is nuts...... poor uro. sheilalovestokillanimals is more like it....

Old 01-04-2005, 12:57 PM   #14
ShannanD25
No, she will blame God for it.
She just isn't all there...Very odd person.
I know what you mean about taking the chance and just wanting to save the critter. At least the temps have been mild, it seems.
And just what did she bubble wrap I wonder?
Good luck

Old 01-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #15
W.Wedeking
On another Point

Both Fed Ex and UPS did raise their rates for overnight. UPS charges by "dimensional" weight, in otherwords, by the size of the box you use not by the actual weight when it comes to overnight. So, depending on the size box she was using, it very well could have cost $70+ to ship especially going in to the counter.
I can understand her being frustrated with this, however, it is no excuse for they types of emails she sent. It also doesn't mean she can change the price that was already agreed upon.

What did she use bubblewrap for?

Hopefully, the animal will arrive safely, but as others have already expressed, I have my doubts.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:04 PM   #16
gila7150
C'mon Sheila, you know what happens when you skip your Thorazine.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:04 PM   #17
Bringerofdoom
Wait a second....

$7 just for a plastic container????? i can get a steralite 109qt tubs for $7....... and even then, the list of stuff she told you only adds up to be $22.45 so even she admits she got you for over $15......

Old 01-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #18
oldherper
Holy smokes!

I've seen a few nutcases in this business, but this one is close to the top of the heap! Strange person...very strange indeed....... My guess is that she doesn't get a lot of signature loans from the Bank of Sanity.

Old 01-04-2005, 01:09 PM   #19
oldherper
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.Wedeking

What did she use bubblewrap for?

My guess is the bubble wrap is a therapeutic thing...she stands around and pops the little bubbles. Sort of like a noisy worry stone.....

Old 01-04-2005, 01:11 PM   #20
bcherps
LACY Act Questions

To Wes, yes you are right I forgot USPS will ship lizards under 12 inches. I have not used USPS since 1999 at my retail store so I have forgotten thier policy.

Also in this case since she sent it as christmas bulb she is in violation of the LACY ACT- since in the 1981 amendments misrepresentation and labelling were added. She is in violation becuase of the misrepresentation not the fact that the transported item is a reptile. Many people often assume it is "illegal" just because it is an animal it is "illegal".

However I do have a question about the act. What if someone doesn't label the package at all? This is a question I have been asked a few times and never though to find out myself.

Thanks
ben cole

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!