Inquiry MyrtleHerps?? - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2017, 12:38 AM   #91
DavidBeard
I'm surprised it took 9 pages for MyrtleHerps to get banned. I hope you get your snake, Kathleen. It isn't looking good thus far.

Old 04-26-2017, 02:32 AM   #92
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniac101 View Post
If I don't receive the animal in the photo, or if it's not healthy, as advertised, then of course, I will initiate a dispute with PayPal.
I'd be sure to shoot a very thorough, detailed unboxing video, assuming anything is actually sent.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:28 AM   #93
Michael Brown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
I'd be sure to shoot a very thorough, detailed unboxing video, assuming anything is actually sent.
PP has been so hit or miss with involving themselves in live animal shipping. I personally got burned on a "brick" that was shipped to me on an eBay purchase prior to their push for buyer protection. Even had an unboxing video, that neither eBay or PP would look at at the time.

Obviously things have changed a lot since then, but I know personally I'd be hitting abort on this purchase ASAP and count my blessings that weather was poor. Her / his failure to comply with identification. And documented flip flop between being the BF would sketch the living crap out of me. But to each their own.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:31 AM   #94
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Josey Zimmerman also posted on Amy's page. Go down to the video of BEST Banana Cake! on Amy's page and you'll see 2 wild rants from Josie. Real wild.
You are correct, Joe. That rant was from a person who had already cracked. The day after that post, he was arrested as seen in the newspaper article.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
shows remains of the same color polish.
I would agree with this as well. She at some point appears to have had involvement with snakes. Prior to their supposed break up? He could have easily been sitting on pictures of her with some snakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
And if you rotate that photo, you see the reflection of a man who may look vaguely familiar.
Well it's not her, that much is for sure.

Quote:
While I certainly don't condone using photos belonging to other people, I'm going to wait until I receive the snake I bought, and go from there.
Kathy- did you actually speak with "her" by phone?

The Myrtle Herp account would not produce ID and was set for account deactivation prior to it being banned last night.

Old 04-26-2017, 07:40 AM   #95
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrtleherps View Post
Are we not allowed to use other people photos?
Quote:
I did mention to Amy, that allegations of using photos not belonging to her is concerning to me. She indicated that it's a misunderstanding, and I didn't press for details.
Not just stolen pictures. Stolen DOB and weights as well. This was not a case of simply stealing pictures in lieu of taking their own. Looking through Myrtle Herp ads it appears for a while "he/she" is trying to sell off actual snakes in their possession. Then about half way through it appears that wasn't enough and they totally flip to using stolen information/pictures instead.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 07:44 AM   #96
Black Adder
Kathy
You know me well and I have a really BAD feeling about this, just way too many red flags and wrong moves
I do not believe you will receive anything at all never mind a snake not as described.
TBH I would pull the plug right now and be working with PP
But your choice, I wish you all the best

Old 04-26-2017, 08:03 AM   #97
nickolasanastasiou
I, too, would consider undoing the deal to be the most prudent choice here. Even if the potential for fulfillment of the order might have some chance. Feels like gambling.

Old 04-26-2017, 09:06 AM   #98
Insomniac101
THANKS, GUYS AND GALS!

I greatly appreciate everyone's input, and thank you all for taking the time to do the in-depth research you've done.

Admittedly, I did not read this entire thread last night. I was tired, and had a particularly unsatisfying day!

I'm going to thoroughly read through everything, and decide what to do today. This transaction was over $800, so I need to have a better understanding of what happened.

I did just notice that the email I sent payment to is different than the email we've been communicating through, which is myrtleherps@yahoo.com. Not a huge issue, as some people use a specific email for payments, but interesting nonetheless.

Thanks again!

Kathy
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 09:21 AM   #99
nickolasanastasiou
That email address, sans provider portion, corresponds with a POF account that indicates (to me) that it is probably her rather than the claimed ex.
Attached Images

Old 04-26-2017, 09:32 AM   #100
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
That email address, sans provider portion, corresponds with a POF account that indicates (to me) that it is probably her rather than the claimed ex.
There is more related to this that I was looking at last night, I'll come back to it a little later.
I am unable to access either of the Amy Polly / Amy Harmon Polly facebook accounts... is anyone else seeing this too?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!