Bad Guy DTS Herps - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:54 PM   #1
absnaken
Angry DTS Herps

I purchased 7 snakes from Dan S, 4 have deid, and one is about to. One deid after 3 day's of being in my possesion. Dan has thrown every excuse in the book at me and first say's he'll make it good, then after a few weeks he say's I never bought from him, or try's to throw some other excuse at me. He now say's that I am trying to "SCAM" him and has hung the phone up on me and now blocks my emails. This guy is a real peice of work and if you want to gamble on quality try him. As I mentioned 4 out of 7 dead withen a week ain't bad odds. Also being out the $720.00 I spent on them alone and now having to have to take the one to the vet is just a added bonus!! But as he say's "you are the only one that is having problems" What a winner! has anyone else had this or is having this Problem with him? Thanks Andy 714-335-2606 izzymara@cox.net

Old 10-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #3
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by absnaken View Post
I purchased 7 snakes from Dan S, 4 have deid, and one is about to. One deid after 3 day's of being in my possesion. Dan has thrown every excuse in the book at me and first say's he'll make it good, then after a few weeks he say's I never bought from him, or try's to throw some other excuse at me. He now say's that I am trying to "SCAM" him and has hung the phone up on me and now blocks my emails. This guy is a real peice of work and if you want to gamble on quality try him. As I mentioned 4 out of 7 dead withen a week ain't bad odds. Also being out the $720.00 I spent on them alone and now having to have to take the one to the vet is just a added bonus!! But as he say's "you are the only one that is having problems" What a winner! has anyone else had this or is having this Problem with him? Thanks Andy 714-335-2606 izzymara@cox.net
Sounds like Dan...
The best guarantee in the business (as long as you don't try to make a claim), and he's never had a single legitimate complaint (no matter how many times this happens)

Old 10-06-2008, 06:14 PM   #4
LakesideBoas
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiIguanaLvr View Post
Did you look them up first?

I would think that since he just registered and this is his first post post that , sadly, the answer is no.

Andrew, I am so sorry this happened to you. Spreading the word about the BOI would help other people you know who may not be aware of this place to avoid what happened to you. Not much compensation, I know, but could go a little ways to making you feel better about it.

Do you have any correspondence (e-mails or chat transcripts perhaps) that you could post so there is a record here in this thread of how he scammed another person...again...he seems to do this quite regularly.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM   #5
MiIguanaLvr
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
I would think that since he just registered and this is his first post post that , sadly, the answer is no.

Andrew, I am so sorry this happened to you. Spreading the word about the BOI would help other people you know who may not be aware of this place to avoid what happened to you. Not much compensation, I know, but could go a little ways to making you feel better about it.

Do you have any correspondence (e-mails or chat transcripts perhaps) that you could post so there is a record here in this thread of how he scammed another person...again...he seems to do this quite regularly.
Sorry, I didnt see that.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:18 PM   #6
Mooing Tricycle
Unfortunately i will ask you to post proof of the transaction that went down. Including all, and any emails you guys may have exchanged, and maybe photos of the critters, and maybe if you still have it, the shipping label from the box that dan sent them to you in.

Just so the Bozo cant come on here and deny it. ( he is banned, but he could make a fake name and be rebanned)

Old 10-06-2008, 06:26 PM   #7
LakesideBoas
I wasn't nagging at you, Moo! I just kind of feel sorry for the guy!

About Dan being banned, I thought that they could get a temporary lift of the ban from Webslave to respond to allegations (but only to those allegations) if they were so inclined. 'Course he probably would go that route regardless.

I agree that a record of what transpired should be posted here. The more solid evidence of what a weasel people may be thinking of dealing with, the better the chance that we won't be reading any more posts about him screwing people over and not honoring his own guarantees.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #8
Suncoast Herpetological
Dan's banning was only a few days and has since been lifted. He is free to come here and lie to his heart's content

Old 10-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #9
nickstone
I'm sorry to hear about this AGAIN, it almost seems like monthly thing.

Somebody buys an animal from Dan and has never heard of the BOI
Animal dies
Buyer contacts Dan
Dan agrees to make a replacement, then flips out on buyer.
over, and over, and over...................

Old 10-06-2008, 07:19 PM   #10
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
About Dan being banned, I thought that they could get a temporary lift of the ban from Webslave to respond to allegations (but only to those allegations) if they were so inclined. 'Course he probably would go that route regardless.
I'm pretty sure that what you are referring to was Rich's policy during the period in which posting on the BOI was restricted to paid subscribers...There was a $10 Paid Participant level created specifically to allow access to the BOI. Regardless, Dan's ban was temporary, and he is fully able to come here and post.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!