Inquiry MJC Serpents... - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:20 PM   #131
redarms
You guys are just bullying, I'm actually sick of reading it. The snake that died was literally her first snake, and she had it a very short time. She wasn't keeping many animals at the time, and that animal hasn't ever been in contact with an animal from her shop. I'm not sure what you're all trying to get out of her, her first snake ever died. This can happen with new pet owners. It was a year ago, what, you want her to go dig up the dead snake in her back yard and take it to the vet? Yes she was inexperienced as to why to do when that happened, but like I said we were all newbies once. Yes there is a small probability she infected her collection that she's amassed over the past year, but it's most unlikely because she would probably have had another death by now. She says she's taking the only animal that came in direct contact to the vet. Now be nice children, she may be 18 but you all act like your 5.

As to the term "unorthodox breeders", it's refers to the people that change their water once a month, let disease go by unchecked, sell animals with mites, or let their humidity drop to dangerous levels, or never clean their animal cages, etc. Pretty much people that are only breeding for a profit, and treat the whole hobby as a process.v

Old 10-05-2014, 02:23 PM   #132
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by redarms View Post
Yes there is a small probability she infected her collection that she's amassed over the past year, but it's most unlikely because she would probably have had another death by now.
Hopefully no one will put you in charge of any ebola related activities.
Seriously, IBD needs to be dealt with the moment one even thinks it might be in their collection, it's just that serious.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #133
BillZ
"As to the term "unorthodox breeders", it's refers to the people that change their water once a month, let disease go by unchecked, sell animals with mites, or let their humidity drop to dangerous levels, or never clean their animal cages, etc. Pretty much people that are only breeding for a profit, and treat the whole hobby as a process.v"

You left out "having a snake almost die from overheating", " claiming to be very knowledgeable with reptiles and selling a snake to someone who does not know the proper caring and having it die, and then blaming their lack of knowledge for its death" and "not having the funds or resources to properly care for the animals they own"

Among other things I'm sure.....

Old 10-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #134
mjcballpythons
Funny cuz i thought someone who owned two other boas knew what they were doing. He has an albino and a something else. Sorry for assuming, again.

Old 10-05-2014, 02:42 PM   #135
BillZ
How did that work out for you? And the Boa of course?

Old 10-05-2014, 03:32 PM   #136
mjcballpythons
You people have reached a whole new level of low. Pathetic. I am not replying to anything regarding this until I have the blood test results. Which I will ask to have physical proof of so you guys can shut your mouths.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #137
Glamour
Mindy, you should never have said that Layla had IBD because she did not. I bought Layla for her from Amazing Animalz. Layla was extremely skinny and the reason we bought her is because we hoped we could help her. I think it was two days later that Dexter was bought from a breeder in town. Those two snakes were bought as pets for my children and piqued Mindy's interest in the hobby. When Layla was dying, she exhibited neurological malfunctions. Her body was shutting down from being too far gone. We just couldn't save her and it was devastating. Almost every animal on our farm is a rescued animal. Some, we poured our hearts, souls and wallets into, but the damage was too much to overcome and we've had to do the humane thing for them. Mindy decided she wanted to turn her attention to snakes and, in her research, came across IBD and concluded that's what happened to Layla. She shouldn't have made that assumption. That snake wasn't properly cared for before we got her. She was dying. Can I defend my daughter's bloated ego? No. Am I disappointed that she's being harassed? Yes. I am a paralegal and this is really going over the edge. Mindy has a lot to learn and needs to accept that she doesn't know it all. Lesson number one needs to be that not everything needs to be shared on social media. Please stop harassing the girl. She's made mistakes. She knows she has. A lot of things being brought up are extremely irrelevant to the point of this thread. The owner of This Side of Paradise Pets doesn't get involved in social media, which is why it's only been Mindy defending herself with regard to the pet store. I can tell you that he and his family have the utmost respect for her and her passion. The malfunction in the unit that the store purchased to house the snakes had nothing to do with Mindy. She wasn't even there. However, when she learned of it, we rushed down to remedy the situation and took the snake home to get him well under quarantine from Mindy's personal collection. He made an immediate recovery. May I ask why Mindy's every move is everyone's business? Why does she need to supply proof that she called the vet? I'm not understanding why you're all going after her like this. Trust me, there are people who shouldn't be allowed to even pet an animal and we don't fall into that category. Mindy needs to chill on the ego. Okay. I can't tell you how many times she's been lectured about that. I'm not involved much with the snakes, but I believe two of several she's sold perished once they got into the hands of their new owners. One of those owners commented on this thread and admitted to having a thermostat malfunction. How is she supposed to be held liable for that? She has refused to sell snakes to people who aren't knowledgeable enough to care for them properly. So what, really, is the issue here? I'm getting confused with all the other things that keeps getting thrown in here and there.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:40 PM   #138
BillZ
As much as you would like the results of the blood test of this one snake to be the "end all", they wont be. In my opinion, they are just a small part of the issues at hand. They could surely make things a whole lot worse for you but your hopes and dreams that they will clear it all up are mistaken.

Old 10-05-2014, 03:42 PM   #139
gsrept
If it was bid all the pythons would be dead they react completely different than boas do. At this point this thread is more on the border lines of harassment.

Old 10-05-2014, 04:05 PM   #140
JCCS
And just as Mindy can't definitively say that it was IBD just from reading it on the internet, you sure as heck can't say that it wasn't IBD. Neither of you are DVM's, none of the animals saw a vet from the sound of it, and no bloodwork has been done, so none of you have a clue as to what was wrong with this animal and Mindy saw fit to sell a bunch of boas that were born from an animal that she never owned (now that's ethical ) which are very long term carriers of a disease she believed passed through her collection. Does that about sum it up?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!