'No Live Arrival Guarantee' - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:40 PM   #11
GreathouseFarm
My conscience would not let me ship an animal into harms way. I don't deal with amphibians but if the animal can't handle it safely than it shouldn't be shipped. I tell people that I reserve the right to delay the shipment if the weather does not look good. I have had people tell me I don't care send it to me today! And I simply tell them the animals health comes first and I will gladly refund their money if they don't want to wait.

Old 03-26-2012, 01:53 PM   #12
Focal
Wait. A LAG does not make shipping any safer for the rider.

I think some are thinking that it could relate to the sellers inability to safely ship. It very well could mean exactly what it says, I won't guarantee if you want me to ship.

Shipping is dangerous no matter who you are or how well you package. The best of the best get DOA's. We have all grabbed something off a clearnace rack once in our lives that contains no return policy. You know what you are getting yourself into before you purchase.

I would never buy without a LAG, as would many, but this seller could very well be using a shipper that could have a LAG, like SYR.

If you think you are above and beyond getting a DOA when your package is in a third parties hand, you are riding a tall horse No one is flawless when you have a box kicker transporting your product.

Old 03-26-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
AGoodwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
... No one is flawless when you have a box kicker transporting your product.

So true. I have seen first hand how rough packages are handled. Even when they clearly state "Fragile" or "Live Animal".

Old 03-28-2012, 05:54 PM   #14
Jabberwocky Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
If you think you are above and beyond getting a DOA when your package is in a third parties hand, you are riding a tall horse No one is flawless when you have a box kicker transporting your product.
Well said and a very good point. I've always been curious about shipping very expensive snakes ($10k+) across the country. I don't think I would trust FedEx Express delivering a Banana Ball if I'm ever fortunate enough to buy or sell one.

Has anyone heard of using Fed Ex Custom Critical or another custom shipper for high value shipments? I'd gladly eat the cost of a round trip plane ticket to pick up such a snake in person (either as buyer or seller) but I doubt TSA would allow it on the plane.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:08 PM   #15
GreathouseFarm
Don't most snakes ship via delta dash?

I do understand as a shipper I am always taking a risk but I was saying that for me my priority is the animal - then the customer - and cost last. And even though they are a bunch of "box kickers" I think a smile and a clearly marked box goes a long way. I have had many customers tell me that they saw the UPS man grab the box from the front seat of the truck and walk it up.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 PM   #16
Jabberwocky Dragons
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreathouseFarm View Post
Don't most snakes ship via delta dash?

I do understand as a shipper I am always taking a risk but I was saying that for me my priority is the animal - then the customer - and cost last. And even though they are a bunch of "box kickers" I think a smile and a clearly marked box goes a long way. I have had many customers tell me that they saw the UPS man grab the box from the front seat of the truck and walk it up.
Many ball pythons are shipped Fed Ex. Larger snakes and venomous are shipped Delta Dash but someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. I wouldn't see the difference between Delta Dash and Fed Ex though in regards to the absolutely safety of shipping an extremely expensive and fragile (compared to most things shipped) animal.

We're on the same page with our priorities. However, like Nick said, DOAs do happen even with most meticulously packed shipment.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
GreathouseFarm
Your right just because same day air is faster doesn't make it safer...

Oh I know. I had a DOA once and it was a direct result of me overcompensating for cold weather ;( so sad... but I never make the same mistake twice.

I think the main point is if buyers want a LAG they have to comply with the sellers terms on it. And they should be understanding of what the seller can and can not do in certain situations.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!