Alex Hue. terrible expierience beware - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-10-2003, 11:34 AM   #11
Hues1
Craig,
Let me get this right.....you started this as a scam/defraud thread, accusing me of basically not having any animals and trying to burn you on the money.

I've offered proof that I did have the animals and have had animals coming in but were delayed. I have and can also offer proof that by no means am I in dire need of scamming you out your of money because I do okay in that dept..

And now you dont want to argue with me anyomore ??? argue about Craig ??? I thought we had it worked out between us ??? I wouldnt have thought in a million years that you would've come here to post B.S. AFTER we spoke on thursday night.

You started this B.S. AFTER we worked out a deal and AFTER you had me believing that I was going to do right by you.

Why should I answer any of your questions ??? all of your questions are based on B.S. you know that cant be verified by any 3rd. party accounts. None of the questions you ask of me are of things that either 1 have not already been discussed and 2 that really cant be verified because its all of conversations that took place betweeen you and me.

Once again, the fact of the matter is I've already said that it was 100% my fault for making a bad judgement call and having you come up to my home without having any of the animals available right then and there for you to pick through. But I was trying to accomodate your schedule and didnt really expect my shipment to be delayed. Didnt I tell you I wasnt really comfortable with you coming up til Saturday ??? but you insisted that you had to have them on Thursday ???

Why dont you answer some of my questions ???

why didnt you call around and verify I was legit before you came to your own conclusions and posted this B.S. ?

Didnt we already resolve this issue prior to you posting this ???

Didnt you say to me Thursday night that you were okay with the fact I was going to make it right by you with cheaper prices on the balls ?

Why would ANYONE who was a scammer or fraud invite you to their home ???

Craig,
Bob will be back on the 15th., call him like you say you will......put your foot right back in your mouth after you've talked with him.

Old 05-10-2003, 12:03 PM   #12
evansnakes
I don't know the exact situation that you guys are talking about as I was not on the phone with you but I do know some facts. Let me give you what I know, don't jump on me as I am not taking sides, just relaying info.

Bob Ashley is one of my best friends. I had never heard of Alex before about a month ago when he posted some adds on the net. Seeing as he was here in Michigan (as Bob and I both are)and wanted to buy snakes, I emailed him and offered to sell him some wholesale if I had something hatching this year that he could use. He seemed like a nice guy and left open the possiblity of doing business. I then did what I have done for over 10 years. I went and looked for somebody that could tell me something about doing business with him. Due to where Alex is located, which is Bob's hometown, which he still goes to quite often, I figured I would ask Bob about him since we talk often anyway.

I aksed Bob about Alex and he told me that he was a good guy and that he sold him stuff. We also talked about baby ball pythons as LA Reptile is the largest single importer of baby balls in the world and Bob buys a large quantity from her each season, I wanted to look at some of the babies to select some to raise for future breeding, like I do every year with several dealers. At this point Bob reminded me that he would be in Australia when the baby balls came in (he still is) but that he was having LA Reptile just ship to his customers for him while he was gone and that he and I would go through some he would get in when he got back.

So basically what I am saying is, from reading these posts, Alex was 100% up front about what he said, as he knew it, as I had the same info 3 weeks prior as I know he did. It is his business who he buys his snakes from, but his babies where in africa the day or two before he got them. The balls come in from Africa to LA and then are reshipped out to Alex and others. So he was in fact, telling the truth. As to the rest of this situation I don't want to get into airlines, airbills, he said, she said. I hope that I have helped you guys understand what happened though.

As far as what countries ball pythons come from, it is irrelevant anymore as the dealers who have CITES paperwork will buy the babies from dealers in the other licensed countries that are out of CITES (which you must have to ship to the USA). So even if babies are exported from Ghana, Togo or Benin (the only three licensed exporters), they could have been hatched elsewhere.

Evan Stahl

Old 05-11-2003, 03:20 AM   #13
craig kade
I do plan on contacting Mr Ashley, as far as I have ever known he is probably one of the straightest shooters in the reptile business which is why it blew my mind when you brought him into this. I know you said you will not answer my questions, but I realy do not see why. Make me look like a fool. Did you have 3000 at the begining of the week like your kingsnake ad said? If you did why did you not sell me any. I do have a copy of the email you sent me on the 12th of april stating you would sell them to me. If you did have 3000 why did your g/f not know about it she told both Jason and I that you did not have any, this is your first shipment. If you would have been honest and told me you never had any and you just posted that add on k/s to drum up business, I actually would have understood. You told me you were going to call me the next morning and let me know they were in. Later I find out they were not even shipped until after 11:00 the night I was suppose to pick them up. I never said you were poor, You have a very nice home and from what your g/f said a very good job. [ Just for the record his g/f is a very nice person] I just think that you have lied to me alot. Craig Kade

Old 05-11-2003, 02:58 PM   #14
Hues1
I'll state this once again, you are that one prospective customer that we all get once in a lifetime......the one that you try to accomodate but always wants more no matter how much you bent over backwards.

Like I've said earlier, you jumped the gun and should've called me. But obviously you're word is B.S., why dont you answer any of the questions I've brought forward ???

As for having babies available prior to your arrival...call me and I'll be more than happy to provide you a list of all the people that had PRE-PAID or PRE-ORDERED babies and had them shipped or delivered from approx. 4/25-5/7 of 2003.

Craig,
It's your word against mine, difference between you and me is....I NEVER portray a person as a liar or scammer like you've done to me unless I have cold hard evidence. I dont play the he said she said crap, I go by cold hard facts that I can substantiate. You should've called me and I would've worked a deal out with you for the inconvenience like I said I would.

As for you starting the scam/defraud post here, find me a person that I've done business with or have spoken with that can say I've ever tried to scam and or cheat them.

I ask you again, why didnt you just check around to see if I was a legit person prior to posting this B.S. ??? you could've even come here to the BOI and asked around.

As for animals I have available, I purchase reptiles on a weekly basis and sell them on a weekly basis, although its really non of your business who I purchase them from, call me and I'd be more than happy to provide you with that list too.

Old 05-11-2003, 04:22 PM   #15
evansnakes
Alex, I said what I said earlier in this thread as a pure statement of fact and that I did not know the details beyond the facts that I knew from Bob's end of the deal.

I do want to state here though, as this thread has become much more insulting and aggressive than I think it needs to be, that Craig has purchased animals from me before and I have known him for many years now. He has always been a man of his word with me and has never tried to cheat me. He has never lied to me.

Knowing what I know on both ends of this deal, I think that you guys are taking a little miscommunication and problem much too personally and could very easily reconcile this difference if you just went to a less aggressive, less defensive tone. You are both good guys and I believe you could straighten this out very easily.

I would also like to state, to anyone who knows me, that it is a very strange day when I have to be the voice of calm reason.

Evan Stahl

Old 05-11-2003, 05:42 PM   #16
Hues1
Evan

I agree with you 100%. Like I've said, had Craig got a hold of me like we AGREED UPON, I would've made it right for him for the inconvenience...., but instead of trying to verify everything I presented him with, he jumped the gun and accused me of trying to scam him and rip him off.

I dont know about the rest of the people reading his posts...but I dont ever call someone a scammer or liar unless I can back it up with hard evidence and not just "I said" " he said".

Did money exchange hands ??? NO, so wheres the rip off ???

Were animals available even though they were delayed ??? YES, so wheres the scam ???

Were there animals available even prior to Craig coming up ??? YES, pre-sold and Prepaid with the balance of them delivered on Weds. Night ! Verifiable ??? YES...call for the list of people who received their animals !

Did Craig do his research before posting this ??? NO he didnt.

Did he give me a chance to make it right by him like WE AGREED UPON ??? NO he didnt.

I've never ever made a negative post about anyone here on the BOI or anywhere, Why ??? because I do my research, call around for references, and make sure that I know what I'm talking about prior to spending my money. Even if the deal went sour...I've always given people the benefit of the doubt because unforseen circumstances occur all the time.

How many times have we heard bad stories about other people that have actually turned out to be pretty good ???

Craig Has never even heard of any negative stories, rumors, or gossip about me and yet he posted this without anything to go on except what I've already said was my fault.....MY SHIPMENT WAS DELAYED and all of the babies I had available were already paid for and shipped/delivered.

He wanted a 200-250 lot if I remember correctly, but I only had 60-70 left when he came up. I had another shipment coming in, my bad....I made an error in timing and thought my shipment would've arrived by then.

Does that justify this post ??? I dont think so, especially not after I explained the situation to him and told him that I would make it right by him. Did he give me the opportunity to make it right or even the decency to call me and see what was up with my shipment and wether or not it had arrived the following day like I said it would ??? NO he didnt.

There was a couple of posts here some while back about how much time to give someone in order to rectify a bad situtation.....how much time did he give me ???

He posted this at 11:30AM Thursday morning without even bothering to give me the benefit of the doubt and allowing me to take care of him like we agreed upon.

I never had anything against Craig from the get go, I never denied it was a bad call on my part and none the less...I also told Craig that I would make it right by him. By I'm upset that he never gave me the chance to make it right prior to posting this.

Yes, it was a huge miscommunication....and yes, it could've and should've been worked out.

I'm pretty much done with this subject matter...all we're doing is discussing the same issues over and over again.

Craig,
I dont have anything against you...heck, I would still do business with you in the future...but you really should've given me an opprtunity to make it right like we had agreed upon. Heck, I would even still give you the deal we agreed upon. Let me know !

Evan, thanks for being the voice of "calm reason", its unlike you ! But all of us have a soft spot somewhere...right Evan ?!

Old 05-11-2003, 06:28 PM   #17
Stardust
I don't know either of you, but hey I am from MI.
From what I have read, I think perhaps one of you should bite the bullet and call the other. No money was exchanged, some travel.
You both seem like good guys, so hopefully you both can start working together in private to straighten this out.

Good luck.

Old 05-12-2003, 12:07 AM   #18
Classic Dum's
Quote:
If you did have 3000 why did your g/f not know about it she told both Jason and I that you did not have any, this is your first shipment.
In all fairness she may have told all that to you, Craig prior to my arival but
Quote:
this is your first shipment.
That she did not say in front of me. All she said in front me me was that Alex didnt have the Balls, when she was referring to the shipment on last thursday you and I were both awaiting. If I rember correctly is was something like "he doesnt have the balls because the plane was delyaed in ohio till 10:15am tomorrow, he said hell reimburse you for gas etc." and that was when I made my crack about the sun being to bright for the plane to take off. So I just wanted to clear that up.

Old 05-12-2003, 09:12 AM   #19
dblhet
I certainly didnt buy a thousand snakes from Alex..but I did buy 6 baby balls from him a couple months back,and they were awesome!!..perfect transaction in every way.
just my 2 cents worth.

Old 05-12-2003, 05:51 PM   #20
Dragondad
This looks like a major case of miscommunication. You both seem to have a good rep in transactions. It would seem that if you could just talk to each other then maybe this tread could die. Hey I live in the Grand Rapids area maybe I could by the beer and mediate it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!