Issues with "Chat" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #1
HerpLuver
Issues with "Chat"

For some odd reason i can't seem to get into the chat room. In the past, i never had an issue. But its likely been at 6 mo's to 1 year since i've been here and i wanted to stop in and see who's in chat.

My first attempt asked me to install the new runtime. So i did, but afterwards it only loads and loads and never actually enters chat.

I made a quick attempt at searching the word "Chat" to see if anyone else was having issues, but nothing came up. So i was hoping someone here might have some form of a solution i could attempt.

I have tried with both Firefox and Chrome. I have disabled and re-enabled Java, all to no avail.

Thanks in advance for your assistance
Chris Altizer

PS - It's been a while, I hope this thread is in the right place. I did a quick scan of the available forums and this seemed to be the most applicable place for this thread.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:16 PM   #2
TheFragginDragon
Seems to be working fine with IE9, I don't use the browsers you mention so I can't say for sure it's an issue with them or not.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
update Java,Chris... I couldnt until i got the latest version on my desktop eith Firefox.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Fangthane
If you're using Java 7, that could possibly be part of the problem. Might be worth reverting to the last Java 6 update and see if that help. Version 7 was usually pretty wonky for me.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:36 PM   #5
HerpLuver
Hey Alicia! Long time no see! I just updated Java to 7. I've also now tried using IE9 and apparently thats not working either. It asks me to install something (i'm an IE noob), so i click install and it says its from an unknown publisher. Then something on my computer blocks it from continuing.

I am going to do a quick system restart, as i havent restarted since i installed the update. Watch that be the simple fix to this whole thing. LOL

Old 09-02-2012, 04:47 PM   #6
HerpLuver
Hmmm, still problem. It gives me an error at the top left corner and says "Click for details". When i do it pops up another window saying "ClassNotFoundException" with rcs.client.RealChatClient.class at the bottom. Then has 3 buttons that say "Details" "Ignore" or "Reload"

Old 09-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Do you have an ad blocking program?

Old 09-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #8
HerpLuver
I have "NoScript" as an addon on Firefox, but i have allowed both faunaclassifieds.com and faunaads.com. I have then disallowed them, and re-allowed them to see if maybe it just needed to be reloaded. I've also hit Ctrl+F5 to reload the cookie to see if that made any difference. Still nothing. Not quite sure what else to do.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Mooing Tricycle
Bryon and Laura are wntirely unable to get in chat anymore too... Its really old software and i think newer code is less and less compatible across the board, since in not ON the system its hard for me to guess, have you tried a different browser just to be sure??

Old 09-02-2012, 04:58 PM   #10
Mooing Tricycle
entirely**

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!