Bad Guy Alex Smith - lexxxx30 - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #11
nickolasanastasiou
As in not the same thing.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:27 PM   #12
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
As in not the same thing.
Hmm but if you are knowlingly breaking UPS company policy is that not construed as breaking the law by shipping illegally?
Or is it the case that because it is just UPS company policy it is not an illegal act?

Old 10-25-2015, 06:30 PM   #13
Black Adder
However legal or not they have still contravened UPS company policy as I am sure they are well aware AND shipped in dreadfull packaging to boot!

Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #14
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Hmm but if you are knowlingly breaking UPS company policy is that not construed as breaking the law by shipping illegally?
Or is it the case that because it is just UPS company policy it is not an illegal act?
You are defying their policy, but not the law just by virtue of defying their policy.

This is setting aside the grandfathered companies/parties who ship via UPS, too.

I am much displeased by what has been done here and there is no excuse for what has been presented. I just want clarify that defying company policy is not necessarily the same thing as defying a law in this case. However, if the labeling was not in compliance with applicable laws, then that would be breaking the law (and that probably happened here if I had to guess).

Old 10-25-2015, 06:45 PM   #15
nickolasanastasiou
I mean that "You" in the proverbial sense, by the way.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:58 PM   #16
Pasodama
I am appalled by this guy's (Alex Smith - lexxxx30) shipping practices. Packaging as well as the transit/delivery time he selects!

If this is how he chooses to package & ship (anything other than priority overnight), and if, as has been alleged, he sells animals without disclosing any existing defect/s or illness/es, cuts off communication if/when a problem is brought to his attention, and does not make good when a buyer is justifiably owed some sort of compensation (refund or other), then he is someone to, absolutely, avoid doing business with.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:34 PM   #17
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickolasanastasiou View Post
You are defying their policy, but not the law just by virtue of defying their policy.

This is setting aside the grandfathered companies/parties who ship via UPS, too.

I am much displeased by what has been done here and there is no excuse for what has been presented. I just want clarify that defying company policy is not necessarily the same thing as defying a law in this case. However, if the labeling was not in compliance with applicable laws, then that would be breaking the law (and that probably happened here if I had to guess).
I understand and had indeed "forgotten" about those who can ship live snakes from before the UPS prohibition so my bad there and I guess I should not view EVERY UPS live snake delivery with deep suspicion.
But ANY live animal shipment that is not priority overnight is taking a very large risk with the animals welfare to save just a few dollars .
Not sure how any responsible breeder/dealer/seller can condone that type of practice.

And it is hard to tell from ops pics but they may well have left off vital labels on the box depicting the contents...which is another sign this may have been shipped by somebody with full knowledge they THEY were not part of UPS grandfathered shipper scheme and so did not want to alert UPS to the actual contents.
Would need better pics to confirm the actual labeling though

Old 10-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #18
nickolasanastasiou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
I understand and had indeed "forgotten" about those who can ship live snakes from before the UPS prohibition so my bad there and I guess I should not view EVERY UPS live snake delivery with deep suspicion.
But ANY live animal shipment that is not priority overnight is taking a very large risk with the animals welfare to save just a few dollars .
Not sure how any responsible breeder/dealer/seller can condone that type of practice.

And it is hard to tell from ops pics but they may well have left off vital labels on the box depicting the contents...which is another sign this may have been shipped by somebody with full knowledge they THEY were not part of UPS grandfathered shipper scheme and so did not want to alert UPS to the actual contents.
Would need better pics to confirm the actual labeling though
I do not disagree.

I would place a monetary wager that labeling was insufficient for compliance with the law (the company policy is not of such weighty concern to me right now; they could have a prohibition against shipping plastic triangles for all I care). We already saw that the internal packaging was quite lacking in terms of protection. Then there was the rate chosen. The medical issues. On and on. The entirety of the situation has been abysmal from what has been presented.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:53 PM   #19
bigcountry
It's not against the law to ship snakes via UPS. some big breeders still use them because they have used them for decades and their reps are ok with it. It is against the law to ship snakes US Postal.

From the shipping label, it looks like alex used his company's UPS account. I do not know if they would be ok with this or not, but I am going to contact them.

Old 10-25-2015, 07:56 PM   #20
bigcountry
I should clarify, it is technically against UPS policy, but people still do it.

The problem isn't that he used UPS, the problem is he did next day saver, the way he packaged the snakes and the snakes are not healthy.

I doubt he will post here. But i hope people see this and do not do business with him.

I know he purchased a peruvian BCC with the funds I sent him, and i feel really bad for that animal as it was a top shelf snake. And who knows what will happen to it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!