Holy crap...these roaches won't stop breeding! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-21-2004, 03:37 PM   #1
hill4803
Holy crap...these roaches won't stop breeding!

I just bought 1000 lobster roaches about 2 weeks ago. I just poped the top to add some water and check on them and found the water dish to be SWARMING with new babies! Sort of makes my skin crawl (but I am also gigling like a little school girl because I won't have to buy any more feeders)!!!
When y'all said lobsters are prolific you weren't kidding!

Old 11-21-2004, 07:13 PM   #2
progeckos
LOL. Welcome to the roach club. Guess what? They are just going to keep multiplying at that incredible rate. Now you know it’s time to get more leos. So have you fed any yet?

Old 11-21-2004, 07:37 PM   #3
momtowildones
roaches

Good to Hear! I just ordered 200 roaches in hopes that they will multipy. I am done with crickets. What do you keep them in? Do you have to put vaseline at the top so they don't crawl out?

Old 11-21-2004, 07:48 PM   #4
progeckos
Don’t worry Suzanne they’ll multiply.

I keep all my roaches in Rubbermaid tubs. It’s the easiest way. The lobster roaches do climb and I use bug stop to contain them. One problem now is bug stop is no longer being produced. I have enough bug stop for several more months but I’ll have to find a replacement product, what I’m not sure.

Old 11-21-2004, 08:09 PM   #5
ShannanD25
Cody, try the vaseline, so far for me it works well. The roaches actually don't even bother climbing the sides anymore because it seems they have learned they can't get past it.

Old 11-21-2004, 08:35 PM   #6
jmkhet
i have a question, what eats lobster roaches.I use crix for my dragons as well as my cresteds, could i possibly use these roaches as feeders for these animals.

Old 11-21-2004, 08:37 PM   #7
progeckos
Shannan,
I’ve never tried Vaseline but it seems very messy to me. I’ve also heard of people using Crisco. I don’t know how well that works but I think I’ll go try that right now…

Old 11-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #8
progeckos
Quote:
i have a question, what eats lobster roaches.I use crix for my dragons as well as my cresteds, could i possibly use these roaches as feeders for these animals.
Anything will eat lobster roaches so feeding them to your dragon and crested gecko won’t be a problem. It’s just like feeding crickets.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:03 PM   #9
progeckos
Hey Shannan I just tried the Crisco. To my surprise it worked pretty well however it can get a little messy. Since it is grease it stays moist and doesn’t wipe off the greatest. I guess it’s another option though. I’ll have to try the Vaseline next.

Old 11-21-2004, 09:28 PM   #10
Snarks
Cody et all, is there much of a smell with roaches? And hows cleaning?

Dead crix tend to turn into this brown goo

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!