Bad Guy Christopher Davis (calebroad) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-16-2016, 09:47 PM   #1
Oxbow Reptile
Christopher Davis (calebroad)

I have recently (today, 12/16/16) had a very strange interaction with Chris Davis regarding a turtle I was selling. We never exchanged money or animals, and this is the only conversation I have had with Chris. I really dont have much else to preface this conversation with, as it was so incredibly strange. My comments are in red, everything else is the e-mails between Chris and I.

I only posted one turtle recently on Fauna, and got a lot of response. I assumed it was this turtle that he was refering to, but I dohave others listed elsewhere.
Christopher Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
Dec 15 (1 day ago)

to me
Chris

404-433-0003

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

This next message was, as you can see by the time stamp, today, a day after his initial message. The turtle had sold very shortly (less than an hour) after it was posted. Although it wasnt as prompt as I generally like to be, I do my best to reply to everyone who responds to an ad, even if the animal has already sold.

If you are referring to the Hypo Red Eared Slider, it has been sold. If you are referring to another turtle that I have listed, please specify. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ross Baker, Oxbow Reptile

Christopher Davis
5:40 PM (57 minutes ago)

to me
What else do I have thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Ross Baker <oxbowreptile@gmail.com>
6:03 PM (34 minutes ago)

to Christopher
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but at this point there are a lot of red flags that lead me to believe you are a scammer. Completely nonspecific email title, seemingly random use of punctuation, a lack of understanding of conjugation and participle. Please do not contact me again.

My name is Chris Davis, I live at 1205 Fairwinds Drive loganville, Georgia 30052

My cell phone is 404-433-0003, my wife and I just celebrated our ten year anniversary, i own a $300,000 home and nearly $145,000 in turtles.

My turtle hobby is very loved l, I own the group turtle and tortoise morphs and my references include Mitch, Vincent, and Mike fedzen.

I conduct a massive amount of turtle transactions every year and do or need your benefit of the doubt.

Your red flags are incorrect, false, and not right. I mean, no offense, but your accusation could not possible any more wrong.

Good Day
Christopher Davis

Sent from my iPhone

6:15 PM (23 minutes ago)

to Christopher
I looked into you on the BOI on FC, and see that you are indeed a real person. I apologize for assuming otherwise. Due to that research though, I have no intention of doing business with you.

Christopher Davis
6:17 PM (22 minutes ago)

to me
I also did some checking around, and indeed, I certainly will not be conducting business with you either.

Good Day,
Chris Davis

Sent from my iPhone

As much as we all try to treat our customers as well as we can, I recognize that there are probably some people out there who think ill of me. That is fine. I try to make things right as much as possible, but you cant win everyone over. What bothers me is that this response is only a minute after my last message. It seems dubious at best that he actually looked me up and found negative reviews in one minute or less. But who knows, could happen.

Christopher Davis
6:24 PM (18 minutes ago)

to me
Also, I am going to post this awkward conversation on the forums, for you had no right or reason to attack. And quite frankly, weird and odd folks in this industry are getting on my last nerve. Here we are at Xmas and your acting like a nutty Ahole, so I will let others know.

Chris Davis

Sent from my iPhone

Before this, I would have been willing to let this all go and happily not have to converse with Chris again. But it seems that it is his desire to create something more. Well, he is getting his wish now.

6:27 PM (16 minutes ago)

to Christopher
Please post the entire conversation on the BOI. I do not have any personal grievance against you, I did not mean any insult, and apologized for my mistake. I am sorry for insulting you, for wasting your time, and any other problem you may have had with our brief exchange.

Please post this in its entirety on the BOI, and any further exchange between you and I can take place there.

And that is the last piece of our corespondence. I did not actually give him a chance to post this, but if he has anything more to say he can come here and say it.

So really I dont know what to say or think about this guy. I dont think there is anything more I can do to make him happy. I have never exchanged animals or money with him, so for that reason I cant really say to stay away from him. Perhaps we got off on the wrong foot.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:07 PM   #2
DavidBeard
I'm confused....you seem to have omitted the initial email from him, was there a reason for this?

I see no grounds for there being a BOI post after reading this (admittedly confusing format) conversation.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:19 PM   #3
Black Adder
How in the world does that warrant a bad guy BOI?
If all we have been shown so far is it that is truly feeble.
Sorry but that is the way I see it

Old 12-16-2016, 10:24 PM   #4
TOMMYTRADIX
This just looks like a conversation with some dialogue missing. I don't understand how it escalated to accusations of a scam.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:29 PM   #5
DavidBeard
Yeah, the only thing "strange" I'm seeing is this thread and the way it has been presented.

Old 12-16-2016, 10:38 PM   #6
Oxbow Reptile
I apologize for the confusing format. I will try again, leaving out any comments of mine. Each email is presented as received. There is a line between each email.

I want turtle?

Christopher Davis <spymart007@yahoo.com>
Dec 15 (1 day ago)

to me
Chris

404-433-0003

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5:23 PM (2 hours ago)

to Christopher
If you are referring to the Hypo Red Eared Slider, it has been sold. If you are referring to another turtle that I have listed, please specify. Thank you.

Sincerely,
Ross Baker, Oxbow Reptile

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christopher Davis
5:40 PM (57 minutes ago)

to me
What else do I have thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:03 PM (34 minutes ago)

to Christopher
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt, but at this point there are a lot of red flags that lead me to believe you are a scammer. Completely nonspecific email title, seemingly random use of punctuation, a lack of understanding of conjugation and participle. Please do not contact me again.

My name is Chris Davis, I live at 1205 Fairwinds Drive loganville, Georgia 30052

My cell phone is 404-433-0003, my wife and I just celebrated our ten year anniversary, i own a $300,000 home and nearly $145,000 in turtles.

My turtle hobby is very loved l, I own the group turtle and tortoise morphs and my references include Mitch, Vincent, and Mike fedzen.

I conduct a massive amount of turtle transactions every year and do or need your benefit of the doubt.

Your red flags are incorrect, false, and not right. I mean, no offense, but your accusation could not possible any more wrong.

Good Day
Christopher Davis

Sent from my iPhone

6:15 PM (23 minutes ago)

to Christopher
I looked into you on the BOI on FC, and see that you are indeed a real person. I apologize for assuming otherwise. Due to that research though, I have no intention of doing business with you.

Christopher Davis
6:17 PM (22 minutes ago)

to me
I also did some checking around, and indeed, I certainly will not be conducting business with you either.

Good Day,
Chris Davis

Sent from my iPhone

Christopher Davis
6:24 PM (18 minutes ago)

to me
Also, I am going to post this awkward conversation on the forums, for you had no right or reason to attack. And quite frankly, weird and odd folks in this industry are getting on my last nerve. Here we are at Xmas and your acting like a nutty Ahole, so I will let others know.

Chris Davis

Sent from my iPhone

6:27 PM (16 minutes ago)

to Christopher
Please post the entire conversation on the BOI. I do not have any personal grievance against you, I did not mean any insult, and apologized for my mistake. I am sorry for insulting you, for wasting your time, and any other problem you may have had with our brief exchange.

Please post this in its entirety on the BOI, and any further exchange between you and I can take place there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 12-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #7
Oxbow Reptile
This is every single email. Hopefully the format clears it up. I do not know how this escalated so quickly, but this is all there is.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:09 PM   #8
DavidBeard
Ok, while the initial email was odd, I see nothing to justify the massive jump to conclusion you made....again, not worthy of a BOI thread IMO.

Old 12-16-2016, 11:30 PM   #9
calebroad
Ross Baker with Oxbow Reptiles, you call me a scammer, of which I clarify, then you say rude things to me, of which I ignored, then you make a bad guy thread in the BOI. What is wrong with you?

And you apologized to me for your akward behavior, prior to this thread?

Old 12-16-2016, 11:35 PM   #10
Oxbow Reptile
I should have made this an informational thread, rather than a bad guy thread. If a moderator can change or delete this thread I will leave that to them as they see fit. As far as my conclusion, I was presented with information that lead me to believe I was dealing with a child or a person who does not speak english. That is why I thought it was a scam. I was wrong. I do not know whatelse I said that could be seen as an attack. Im not attacking anyone. I do see that by posting this as a bad guy thread it appears that way, hopefully that can be resolved.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!