Info pat sewyer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #1
rsepiphyte
pat sewyer

Hello everyone and Happy Holidays! I am considering purchasing a Burmese Black Mountain tortoise from Pat Sewyer and having never dealt with him before am checking to see if anyone on this forum has dealt with or purchased from him. Any feedback would be appreciated. Slainte' Ruth

Old 12-26-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Hi Ruth -
Any other identifying information? Pat Sewyer from: location?, company name? saw his/her ad on?
Might help spark someone's help... good luck!

Old 12-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #3
rsepiphyte
Robert the advertisement is here on FaunaClassifieds. Here is the link to the ad

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=605333

Old 12-26-2016, 04:37 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsepiphyte View Post
from Pat Sewyer
Well first question would be... who is "Pat Sewyer" since the ad lists "Cheryl Goldberg" as the seller?

Old 12-26-2016, 04:39 PM   #5
rsepiphyte
I noticed that as well. Ruth

Old 12-26-2016, 04:44 PM   #6
Robert Walker
Quote:
I noticed that as well. Ruth
That should instantly give you some serious pause i.e. red flag.
Members are only allowed:
1. To sell using their full legal name
2. Not sell for other individuals (especially those who are not members or who have been banned).

Do you have any correspondence you can post regarding a "Pat" using this account? Thanks Ruth.

Old 12-26-2016, 04:59 PM   #7
rsepiphyte
Here is the response i received when i asked who Pat Sewyer was.

"Re: Burmese
Inbox
x

pat sewyer
4:43 PM (14 minutes ago)

to me
My son I bud thanks we I bred and raise them you will love them

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Monday, December 26, 2016, 3:40 PM, Ruth Croghan R.Ph. <rsepiphyte2002@gmail.com> wrote:

Pictures look great although i am a bit confused as to who is "Pat Sewyer" since the ad lists "Cheryl Goldberg" as the seller? Steve

Old 12-26-2016, 05:00 PM   #8
rsepiphyte
I am backing away from this transaction unless someone here on this board actually has dealt with these people. Thanks again! Ruth

Old 12-26-2016, 05:07 PM   #9
Fangthane
Quote:
pat sewyer
4:43 PM (14 minutes ago)

to me
My son I bud thanks we I bred and raise them you will love them
That gibberish alone would probably raise some red flags with me. If someone can't express themselves with some degree of clarity, I tend to take it more seriously than most would.

Did you use the site's built-in email function to send an email to the seller, to which you received the quoted reply; or was that message received unsolicited? It kinda looks like what Dan Costello used to do: lurk ads waiting for someone to express interest so he could swoop in and pretend to be the person who posted the ad.

Old 12-26-2016, 05:13 PM   #10
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangthane View Post
Did you use the site's built-in email function
Yep, this would be good to know... is there an email address from "Pat" OR at what point was the name "Pat" first mentioned?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!