4 heat packs in a box DEAD SNAKES whos to blame - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:10 PM   #21
Bill_Leverton
Ok Im lost Mickey said there were 4 heat packs .....Alfredo wouldnt 2 of gotten them there safe ? I'm just asking because Ive put 4 into a box that size and It gets really hot after 3.5 hours

Old 02-03-2005, 07:13 PM   #22
Ophis
Indians scattered on dawns highway bleeding. Ghosts cloud the young childs fragile egg shell mind.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #23
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis
Indians scattered on dawns highway bleeding. Ghosts cloud the young childs fragile egg shell mind.
WTF

Old 02-03-2005, 07:15 PM   #24
KelliH
Hmm, four heat packs is a little extreme, IMO. The way I see it is like this: If it is so freezing cold that you feel that you have to use four bloody heatpacks to avoid the animals freezing to death then perhaps you should hold off on shipping for a few days. I know, I know..time is money...pathetic

Old 02-03-2005, 07:17 PM   #25
Mickey_TLK
First I mean Alfredo, not Mario a few posts back

Second, when I first called Alfredo I told him 3 heat packs were in the box. I thought thats how many there were. Then I dug through the box again, and found a fourth.

Well lets see Im in Omaha. I shipped 2 boxes full of ball pythons this week, both to NY area. My temps here, and there temps there were barely 40 during the day, and teens at night. I used two heat packs in both boxes. All snakes arrived safely.

I admit I wasnt at the shop for first delievery attempt. Would it have changed anything, I doubt it. What if the box had been lost, and not delivered for a second day, then it was my fault because it was lost? I did my best to get the box early. Ive tried to sit at the shop and wait for boxes I thought were coming, you know what happens 9 times out of 10 they werent even shipped that day. As I said I didnt get a tracking nubmer, I had no way to do anything about the box. You honestly think an extra couple hours in a box kills healthy emerald tree boas? Or isnt it just a bit more likely, that any amount of time in a box with 4 heat packs would be damageing to an animals health? I think the second is far more likely.

Its obvious we will no longer be doing business together. I guess Im sol, but others are warned.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #26
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliH
Hmm, four heat packs is a little extreme, IMO. The way I see it is like this: If it is so freezing cold that you feel that you have to use four bloody heatpacks to avoid the animals freezing to death then perhaps you should hold off on shipping for a few days. I know, I know..time is money...pathetic
I agree and Time may be money But dead Snake brings No Wompum Like I said I have a snake In fla waiting to be sent to me and sold to a local But the weather in NY is a little cold This week so Im willing to wait until the 0 temp warms Death of a snake is no option jmo

Old 02-03-2005, 07:23 PM   #27
Mickey_TLK
Actually the local temps were a crisp 60 degrees today. Was 40 yesterday, will likely be 40 tommorow. There was NO BETTER DAY for a normal box to be delayed then today.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:27 PM   #28
Chris@TSE
Ahhh.... now theres more to the story. See, always a bad idea to come to conclusions before hearing theo ther side of the story. If you know you have an AM delivery coming you should be there to accept it, assuming a live shipment will con at a certain time is not very intelligent. Alfredo is very specific about thier shippign details, and that shipments come next day AM fedex in most cases unless otherwise specified. Four heat packs seem a bit much, but it depends on the container and how it's been packed. We've never had a problem with packaging from Xtreme and have always been quite happy, but I'm sure Alfredo will go out of his way to make things right. I do believe the post here was VERY premature. You wrote it as if you had attempted to get some sort of refund and was denied. Posts like this on the BOI are usually a last resort to inform the public nothing was done or the seller refused to acknowledge the situation. this was not the case.

Old 02-03-2005, 07:30 PM   #29
Xtreme Reptiles
As you can see mikey has deceied to show that my prior assumption of him was correct... The thing is (even mikey himself) says he is "VERY VERY PICKY" ... And now that he claims to have lost so many animals in his first orders why did he drive all the way down here and spend the remainder of his $2,500 in cash here.... We must have had some really bad quality stuff to break your bank... Im not going to get into how many other people do not like or want to sell to him, not to mention that he never called nor complained about any of the animals he is now claiming to have been bad... As for the panther you are refering to, which you picked up directly out of a madagascar shipment and then drove it for who knows how many hours to deliver it on the side of the road in missourii, has been kindly worked out with the receipient(although that sale had nothing to do with me) who also didnt want compensation cause he knew the stress that chameleon must have gone through... And mikey knew very well we were shipping as he called to make sure, we got the beardeds and were sending him the emeralds... He never requested an AWB #

Alfredo Veloso

Old 02-03-2005, 07:32 PM   #30
Mickey_TLK
Chris sorry but your mistaken

I said this in the first sentence of the first paragraph of this post

"I got a box of 3 cb emeralds in the mail today fed ex. My shop does not open untill noon, but of course they tried to ship prior to that. My temps locally are 60 degrees. Once I had the tracking info (not supplied by shipper) I sent out to get the box. I was able to get the box at 3:30 today (same day, just a few hours late)"

I did not try and hide any facts from the start. The only thing I left out was the name of the seller. The seller came here and outed himself.

I started to thread to see if my thought that 4 heat packs killed the animals, held water. I then emailed Alfredo the thread so he could see what others thought of the situation. He decided to out himself. I would have taken my point and left it at that. I was hopeing the thread could be a mediator of sorts for the situation, nothing more.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!