Inquiry Bob Clark Experience..pretty negative so far - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:04 PM   #1
krampvs
Bob Clark Experience..pretty negative so far

I purchased a male banana ball from Bob Clark's website yesterday, 1/29, around 11:30am. I did not receive an email confirmation, receipt, or anything of the like. I tried calling him through the number listed on his website with no answer multiple times.
I sent him an email after that, and over 24 hours later no reply.
Yesterday, a shipping label was created stating that Bob was shipping the snake 1/29 and it would arrive to me by 10:30am today, 1/30.
There was no shipment today at 10:30am, in fact nothing was actually shipped at all. So I took the morning off from work for nothing.
The only thing I did notice was that the snake I had purchased on his website was no longer available to purchase, but that could be a automated thing.

So far, I have sent him $325 with 0 communication regarding shipping or the snake. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and everything turned out fine in the end?

I reached out to multiple breeders looking for the snake I wanted and every single one got back to me within hours... unfortunately, Bob just had the best looking snake in the age range I wanted.

Just looking for thoughts, past experiences.. I did scour this board with Bob Clark opinions but didn't see anything recent or comparable to my experience.

Old 01-30-2018, 02:39 PM   #2
hotlips
Personally, while I'd be suspicious & on edge too, maybe he's ill at the moment? or had an accident? There might be some unforeseen circumstances, I hope so anyway.

Old 01-30-2018, 03:49 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by krampvs View Post
I purchased a male banana ball from Bob Clark's website yesterday, 1/29, around 11:30am. I did not receive an email confirmation, receipt, or anything of the like. I tried calling him through the number listed on his website with no answer multiple times.
I sent him an email after that, and over 24 hours later no reply.
Yesterday, a shipping label was created stating that Bob was shipping the snake 1/29 and it would arrive to me by 10:30am today, 1/30.
There was no shipment today at 10:30am, in fact nothing was actually shipped at all. So I took the morning off from work for nothing.
The only thing I did notice was that the snake I had purchased on his website was no longer available to purchase, but that could be a automated thing.

So far, I have sent him $325 with 0 communication regarding shipping or the snake. I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and everything turned out fine in the end?

I reached out to multiple breeders looking for the snake I wanted and every single one got back to me within hours... unfortunately, Bob just had the best looking snake in the age range I wanted.

Just looking for thoughts, past experiences.. I did scour this board with Bob Clark opinions but didn't see anything recent or comparable to my experience.
Just to clarify,

Point One-
You ordered on a automated website yesterday. Yesterday.

Point Two- You received zero confirmation. No email. No receipt, nothing of the kind since yesterday.

But- Somehow you know a shipping label was created WITH "Yesterday, a shipping label was created stating that Bob was shipping the snake 1/29 and it would arrive to me by 10:30am today,"

So I'm a little confused. Somehow you were notified yesterday that Bob was shipping that day (The day you ordered) and it would be there at 10:30 today
but there is zero communication that your order was placed and you received nothing.

First point- It is a automated system. He may have not been in house yesterday.

Second Point- It was yesterday.

Third point- If the website automatically generated a shipping label and the data sent to you stated it has shipped or a email that stated it would be shipped and didn't show or ship that would be frustrating.

Fourth point- It was yesterday that you ordered of a automated website.

Have just a tiny bit of patience.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
Just to clarify,

Point One-
You ordered on a automated website yesterday. Yesterday.

Point Two- You received zero confirmation. No email. No receipt, nothing of the kind since yesterday.

But- Somehow you know a shipping label was created WITH "Yesterday, a shipping label was created stating that Bob was shipping the snake 1/29 and it would arrive to me by 10:30am today,"

So I'm a little confused. Somehow you were notified yesterday that Bob was shipping that day (The day you ordered) and it would be there at 10:30 today
but there is zero communication that your order was placed and you received nothing.

First point- It is a automated system. He may have not been in house yesterday.

Second Point- It was yesterday.

Third point- If the website automatically generated a shipping label and the data sent to you stated it has shipped or a email that stated it would be shipped and didn't show or ship that would be frustrating.

Fourth point- It was yesterday that you ordered of a automated website.

Have just a tiny bit of patience.
Hello, I wasn't looking for a rude response.. just some insight as to whether this has happened to anyone else before. I am not expecting lightening fast delivery or superhuman speed.. just a receipt or some confirmation that I paid for my order instead of a weird shipping label where nothing was actually shipped. I called both the NEX shipping customer service (third party) and FedEx with no clarification.. just that they had not received any shipment even though the delivery date was today at 10:30am.

It's not patience I lack. I have concerns about spending a good amount of money on the internet with nothing to show for it; but thank you for your response.

My MAIN concern here was the snake.. thinking it had been shipped and lost in shipment in 20 degree weather.. upon finding out the snake was not shipped, my secondary concern is money.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:08 PM   #5
Tim Cole
Dennis's comments pointed out the inconsistency in your post.

Nothing about it was "rude".

Bob is quite often out of town doing shows so he may not even be in the country.

I know this doesn't explain your shipping e-mail but maybe it's an automated thing.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:22 PM   #6
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Cole View Post
Dennis's comments pointed out the inconsistency in your post.

Nothing about it was "rude".

Bob is quite often out of town doing shows so he may not even be in the country.

I know this doesn't explain your shipping e-mail but maybe it's an automated thing.
Any inconsistencies in my post come from my experience. I laid out a pretty simple timeline of activities. I see that I am not going to get any insight as to whether this has occurred to anyone else which was my goal on this posting.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
krampvs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlips View Post
Personally, while I'd be suspicious & on edge too, maybe he's ill at the moment? or had an accident? There might be some unforeseen circumstances, I hope so anyway.
I know he must be extremely busy.. but any kind of confirmation, even automatic would be better than nothing

Old 01-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
hotlips
Quote:
I know he must be extremely busy.. but any kind of confirmation, even automatic would be better than nothing
I was thinking he might not be home also, as someone else said, might also be out of the country. Anyway, don't "assume the worst"- no one seems to have had "issues" with him...a little patience & I bet you hear back within a couple days. Automated replies can be very frustrating...that's the world we're in though.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:34 PM   #9
WebSlave
Heck, I dunno, but I am incredulous that any shipper of live reptiles, in January no less, would ship without first receiving confirmation that the recipient would be home and available to take delivery of that live animal.

What am I missing here?

Old 01-30-2018, 04:35 PM   #10
hotlips
Quote:
....My MAIN concern here was the snake.. thinking it had been shipped and lost in shipment in 20 degree weather.. upon finding out the snake was not shipped, my secondary concern is money.
That would be my concern as well. Stuff like that does happen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!