Dog Pack Attacks Gator In Florida - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:30 PM   #1
Mike Greathouse
Dog Pack Attacks Gator In Florida

At times nature can be cruel, but there is also a raw beauty, and even a certain justice manifested within that cruelty.

The alligator, one of the oldest and ultimate predators, normally considered the "apex predator", can still fall victim to implemented 'team work' strategy, made possible due to the tight knit social structure and "survival of the pack mentality" bred into the canines.

See the remarkable photograph below,
courtesy of Nature Magazine. Note that the Alpha dog has a muzzle hold on the gator preventing it from breathing, while another dog has a hold on the tail to keep it from thrashing. The third dog attacks the soft underbelly of the gator.

Not for the
squeamish!
Attached Images

Old 02-11-2007, 12:41 PM   #2
Mike P.
Got me

Old 02-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #3
Art Klass
LMAO. That's perfect. Thanks for the chuckle.

Old 02-11-2007, 01:06 PM   #4
Bar None Reptiles
Oh my gosh it's a bloodbath! Those dogs are out of control, someone get animal control out there to stop them before they move on to a shoe!

Old 02-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #5
CurtisF
You got me good, Mike.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!