zoos pets,jersey area. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #1
jennifer_stntn
Thumbs down zoos pets,jersey area.

i recently purchesed a ball python from zoos pets in turnersville.now i find my little guy wont eat,has mites,and is sickly.the manager had every excuse but the fact they have mites and lied to me about his age and eating habbits.she finally offered to refund him,but nothing else i bought with him.no way would i let this poor little guy go back to them conditions.beaware if your from this area before stepping foot in this place....even to buy feeders!this place is crawing with parasites and they are evil people who will say anything to sell off there sick stock.theres not many places around here to buy feeders so looks like ill have to start ordering them.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
For some helpful advice, you should check out BigCheese Rodents!

Im sorry you had a bad experience with these people. Next time, definitely buy a Captive bred animal! Pet stores most always suck..

Old 02-17-2007, 02:22 PM   #3
carl3
I sent you an email...

I would have to agree with your assessment of that particular pet store. I sent you a private email. Also, JB Tropical Fish store is just a stone throw's distance from Zoo's and it's much better quality. The owner, John (?not sure of last name), is one of the most genuinely honest guys in the pet store business. It was his father's business and after he retired from teaching, he took it over. He sells feeders and occasionally BP's, bearded dragons, and various corn snakes. While reptiles are not his specialty, he tries his best to do all that he can to help his customers. If you go there, mention my name and tell him I sent you. Sincerely, Jason

Old 02-17-2007, 02:53 PM   #4
jennifer_stntn
thanks alicia,they said he was cb.. ill definitly check out big cheese.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:55 PM   #5
jennifer_stntn
thank you jason.thats awesome.i spent lots of time in the phone book looking for reptile stores..never thought of a fish store.thanks.ill go check my inbox now!

Old 02-17-2007, 03:05 PM   #6
jasballs
Thats funny you brought this up! I was just in there Philly store last week, What I saw in there reptile cages was Disgusting! Mites all over there bp's. $hit everywhere.. I left with out looking at the rest of the animals. But I did have a few words with 2 of there workers.. The store in Turnersville used to be in Cinnaminson. They always took care of there reptiles then it seemed..

Old 02-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #7
jennifer_stntn
yeah.ive been to the philly store also ..i got a sand boa from there..no mites ,healthy ,eats like a pig.my bad luck was in turnersville.i will never return to either

Old 02-19-2007, 05:03 AM   #8
darkbloodwyvern
hi

hi jennifer,
sorry to hear about the bad experience. definately a bad place to go to for feeders. Have you taken your guy into the vet? He may have some internal parasites and an experienced reptile vet can recommend treatments for the mites. It sounds like he will need a lot of TLC and quite possibly some meds to become fully healthy. See if you can get a recommendation from another reptile person. Perhaps the aquarium place may know of some good people to take him to?

best of luck, hope others will avoid this place!
~jessi floto

Old 02-19-2007, 01:12 PM   #9
eddie1976
The biggest complaint I have about the ZOOs in Turnersville is their complete lack of Knowledge about anything reptile. I was stuck the other day and needed a couple of mice so I went there. But when I noticed the conditions of the reptiles I decided not to buy. And they also were selling corns that are illegal in NJ> I mentuoned it to the mananger and she told me I had no idea what I was talkng about.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #10
Tsutton5
zoo's

There is a place on huffville/crosskeys road just past the hospitol called THE PET PLACE. They sell all kinds of feeders rodent, crickets..... Try them, there are real nice people, only down fall is they are closed on Sundays... With that said......now on to zoo's
They take unwanted animals, snakes lizards, etc. for free then Sell them for a HUGE markup.....been there and seen it.....as far as I am concerned, they are scum

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!