"Leticia" Colombian boa - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
mxracer4life
"Leticia" Colombian boa

It has been a long time since I have seen any true Colombians for sale other than your standard pet store quality Colombians. I would love to get a hold of a single or a pair of Leticia Colombians. Anyone familiar with this boa? Who keeps or breeds them in the states? Is it true Leticia boas are believed to be a natural cross breed between Surinam's and Colombians?

Old 03-02-2012, 06:25 PM   #2
Metachrosis
Not clear on the breeding origins but many understand
export locale lays no rightful claim to species locale.
"Leticia" was the port/point of export on these Colombians.
Look up Jim (fauna ID: SIRS) at cermackserpants

Old 04-09-2012, 02:37 AM   #3
Morphism
I am trying to get a hold of a pair myself. If you come across some please let me know!!

Thanks

Ulysses

Old 11-21-2012, 03:06 AM   #4
Ashfromearth
Hello there, I was looking for pricing comparison for my reptiles when I cam across your ad. I am the only breeder I have come across with Leticia Boas. I have 1.2 Beautiful Adults which I have bred and have babies from now. However I am getting out of the trade and will be parting with them soon. Please let me know ASAP if you have any interest in them as I have a party that would like the babies--- I would rather see them go to others that have a passion for these animals.

We got ours out of a breeder out of Florida, whom I believe imported the parents. I will try to get you pictures asap.

Thank you for your time,
Ashlei Larman

Old 11-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Warning: take the actual sales discussion to PMs please, not allowed in the regular discussion forums. thank you

as for Leticia boas, as Tommy stated it's a point of export. From what I've heard/read over the years, it's thought that boas collected in that region may be BCc, but I've heard the opposite as well (that they are really BCi).

There was a breeder that had a A and B line, I believe one of those was also thought to be Colombian BCc. The guy's name escapes me.. sorry. Maybe it was cuttingedgeherp Vin Russo? His site has changed and looks like the info isn't on there anymore. I could be getting him mixed up with another breeder.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:57 PM   #6
JCCS
That was Jim Peters if I'm not mistaken, April. You might want to check out Gus Rentfro of Rio Bravo Reptiles. I don't know if they are Leticias, but he has some seriously butt kicking old school true Colombian boas.

Chris

Old 11-21-2012, 02:59 PM   #7
AbsoluteApril
yes! Jim Peters!! thank you so much Chris! (i'd give you karma but I need to spread some more around first)

Old 11-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
JCCS
Just buy me a beer if I ever happen to show up in CA, lol.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:33 PM   #9
ShadowAceD
Orlando reportedly has a WC Leticia Boa that looks more BCI than BCC.

I think it's still up for debate though.

Could be one of those regions were the two cross.

Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCCS View Post
Just buy me a beer if I ever happen to show up in CA, lol.
you got it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!