"The next new thing"? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: What morph will help push the boa up to the level of ball python morphs?
Princess Diamond (PD) 1 7.14%
Super Roswell 2 14.29%
Sterling 3 21.43%
Crystal 0 0%
Labyrinth 3 21.43%
Pied 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-05-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
mxracer4life
"The next new thing"?

Whats going to be the next new ground breaking morph to help push the boas up there with the ball python morphs?

Old 11-05-2012, 12:18 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
for me, maybe the pied. That is, if Tibor's proves genetic. It's so wacky looking. If you hadn't seen the pics:
http://www.reptileinsider.com/showthread.php?t=27602

I don't even know what those last 2 are and the others listed, I personally am not into because of being crosses or unknown history.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:35 PM   #3
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
for me, maybe the pied. That is, if Tibor's proves genetic. It's so wacky looking. If you hadn't seen the pics:
http://www.reptileinsider.com/showthread.php?t=27602

I don't even know what those last 2 are and the others listed, I personally am not into because of being crosses or unknown history.
Wow! I have definitely been away too long, that pied is SICK!

The Labyrinth and crystal boas are from Jeff Ronne, the story is all over Jeff's Facebook page.

Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
what's facebook
lol

Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #5
mxracer4life
Thanks April!

Old 11-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #6
mxracer4life
Here are some pictures of the boas listed in the poll. Notice the labyrinth boa's, notice the color difference, there is NO hypo mixed in there. That is just the color difference you can find in one litter.

Here is info on the Labyrinth/Crystal boas ---- > http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=tr4NYlhXoe0
Attached Images

Old 11-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #7
ShadowAceD
I don't think Tibor's boa is a pied. I think it's the Motley gene being weird again. I suppose we'll see, but I kind of hate people are calling it a pied when nothiing is proven yet.

That aside, for me, in terms of crazy colorful animals, I think Sterlings are capable of dominating that part of the market. I'm convinced the right breedings can basically make solid red boas.

Old 11-06-2012, 12:55 PM   #8
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I don't think Tibor's boa is a pied. I think it's the Motley gene being weird again. I suppose we'll see, but I kind of hate people are calling it a pied when nothiing is proven yet.
I didn't know anything about the pied to be honest with you. I talked with a friend and they mentioned adding it to this list. I guess time will tell.

Quote:
That aside, for me, in terms of crazy colorful animals, I think Sterlings are capable of dominating that part of the market. I'm convinced the right breedings can basically make solid red boas.
I love the sterling. It's an awesome looking snake with TONS of potential. Vote today!

Old 11-06-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
ShadowAceD
I think what turns me off from a lot of new "up and coming" potential morphs to is the fact people just share nothing about them.

One thing I really enjoyed about the Sterlings is Ken was really transparent about the whole thing and even gave monthly updates on them.

The Princess Diamond if it proves, is a dead end morph. It's a solid white boa. There's nothing you can really do with it. That aside, there is always the issue that it is claimed to be a Colombian Boa (for legal reasons, that has to be claimed) but I doubt very many people believe it. The hets. look like BCA crosses.

But, I'm just a hater, so it's okay.

Super Roswells are cool, but I like the lightness and color of the Key Wests I have seen better. I've seen too many ugly Het. Roswells because of indescriminate breeding.

Crystal and Labrynth boas I do not know much about because I do not facebook. They look neat though.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
mxracer4life
Quote:
I think what turns me off from a lot of new "up and coming" potential morphs to is the fact people just share nothing about them.

One thing I really enjoyed about the Sterlings is Ken was really transparent about the whole thing and even gave monthly updates on them.

The Princess Diamond if it proves, is a dead end morph. It's a solid white boa. There's nothing you can really do with it. That aside, there is always the issue that it is claimed to be a Colombian Boa (for legal reasons, that has to be claimed) but I doubt very many people believe it. The hets. look like BCA crosses.

But, I'm just a hater, so it's okay.

Super Roswells are cool, but I like the lightness and color of the Key Wests I have seen better. I've seen too many ugly Het. Roswells because of indescriminate breeding.

Crystal and Labrynth boas I do not know much about because I do not facebook. They look neat though.
Yeah, I talk to Ken quite a bit on Facebook. The sterling project has been awesome to keep up with and now that others have them the project will grow tremendously.

The PD project has been fun to watch, as there have been multiple updates on it as well. But I am sure the project will have some direction but we will just have to see how the genetics turn out.

I almost put the key west boa in the line up but the super form has not been proven or even seen for that matter.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!