"The next new thing"? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

View Poll Results: What morph will help push the boa up to the level of ball python morphs?
Princess Diamond (PD) 1 7.14%
Super Roswell 2 14.29%
Sterling 3 21.43%
Crystal 0 0%
Labyrinth 3 21.43%
Pied 5 35.71%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-06-2012, 01:11 PM   #11
ShadowAceD
Yeah, I've spoken to Ken a little too about the Sterlings. As of now, they are the only robust and thriving patternless to have been created that we know of.

The Princess Diamond thing has annoyed me for several reasons, some of those stated above. One being that people are buying hets. when supposedly only one actual Princess Diamond exists. It's kind of like the DH Blizzard thing. Hets. for Blizzard have been around for a while, yet no one seems to have a Blizzard Boa.

If PD proves and it is a Lucy, then it is going to just cover any pattern on an animal that exists and you can only really see it under black light (similar to BPs), so, again, dead end morph. You can only do so much with it and that is ... make white boas. Lol

One boa you did not add though and I think you should is the Midnight Gin. I actually think it's significantly cooler than most the others. Yes, it is an all black boa, but a black completely irredescent boa is just ... awesome.

I found a write up on the Crystal and Labyrinth Boas. Interesting animals. Much more interesting than a Lucy Boa.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #12
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
One boa you did not add though and I think you should is the Midnight Gin. I actually think it's significantly cooler than most the others. Yes, it is an all black boa, but a black completely irredescent boa is just ... awesome.
I think its a cool boa as well, definitely like the ALL black with iridescence, but the poll I have created is for the boas we believe could jump start us into having the most potential to create new morphs. Like for instance, an albino sterling, hypo sterling, super hypo sterling, motley sterling or even a mixture of these.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:20 PM   #13
ShadowAceD
The Sterling appears to be a morph that removes the pattern though, so a Motley Sterling would probably just look like a Sterling with a weird head.

If you compare the Sterlings to their siblings, you can see that beneath the normal pattern of the siblings, it looks just like the visuals, color and all.

As of now, there is not much reason to think patterns will spontaniously start appearing on the visual Sterlings.

Old 11-06-2012, 01:34 PM   #14
mxracer4life
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
The Sterling appears to be a morph that removes the pattern though, so a Motley Sterling would probably just look like a Sterling with a weird head.

If you compare the Sterlings to their siblings, you can see that beneath the normal pattern of the siblings, it looks just like the visuals, color and all.

As of now, there is not much reason to think patterns will spontaniously start appearing on the visual Sterlings.
Lol, I get what you are saying. I just was giving some possibilities. Because we really don't know for sure. Don't forget the breeding of the sharp & the boawoman carmel.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!