Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL! - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-08-2008, 12:06 PM   #81
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
it's probably a pet
it is awfully cute
And it hops to Scott and Will when the whistle to it.......

WEAK! HA!

But good! Methinks youre leaning towards pet! Besides, you could get another.. and breed them... raise the offspring for food

Old 02-08-2008, 12:32 PM   #82
Roy Munson
That's so cool, Cheryl!

Old 02-09-2008, 02:43 AM   #83
ravensgait
Congrats Cheryl !!!!!!!!

Hey does this make you an old bitty Randy

Old 02-09-2008, 02:48 AM   #84
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooing Tricycle
WEAK! HA!

But good! Methinks youre leaning towards pet! Besides, you could get another.. and breed them... raise the offspring for food
You know it NEVER works that way, Alicia....you get another, raise offspring....and have more PETS.

At least at my house.

Old 02-09-2008, 02:02 PM   #85
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
You know it NEVER works that way, Alicia....you get another, raise offspring....and have more PETS.

At least at my house.

LOL oh i know... god do i know! ( me buying a lot of hamsters and end up keeping one of the suckers as a pet.*sigh*)

I tried though... i had to

Still... wonder what its name is gonna be..

Old 02-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #86
nora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Your just hoping to convince me it is too cute to eat...........

Actually~ We are having family discussions now. They want to keep it as a pet. I am NOT keeping another animal without a job unless the entire family wants it as a PET and kicks in for the care and socialization. We are negotiating now..............
it's probably a pet
it is awfully cute
And it hops to Scott and Will when the whistle to it.......
ok imagine this Cheryl...

Think of the juiciest steak you've ever had, so tender you can use a butter knife to cut it, and the meat is so sweet and savory, it makes your mouth water from the smell alone...

That in a nut shell is what Emu tastes like when its all cooked up... and surprisingly it's a red meat unlike most poultry.

Old 02-09-2008, 04:33 PM   #87
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by nora
the meat is so sweet and savory, it makes your mouth water
Ohhh baby......

Old 02-09-2008, 04:58 PM   #88
Laura Fopiano
Awwwwww I want one!! And no, not for food.

BTW Cheryl, what do they eat?

Old 02-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #89
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
Awwwwww I want one!! And no, not for food.

BTW Cheryl, what do they eat?
Apparently ME.
According to the web sites it can eat Turkey feed at 20% protien. I've offered it turkey feed. It won't eat. Not a big deal~ web sites say it probably won't eat for the first 3-5 days...............
except~
It acts like it's hungry and bites me.......
A LOT
REALLY A LOT

I'm not worried yet though~ it's only two days old and still has enough energy to bite me. To bite the dog. To chase the cat around the house biting his toes. To bite ITS OWN toes (very funny~ it falls over and squals when it bites itself!)

The family is considering naming DOG~ pronounced "Dee-Oh-Gee" like a name and spelled DOG.

BUT
After what Nora said. I'm eating it.

Old 02-09-2008, 08:09 PM   #90
Cat_72
You should be able to get ratite feed for him at most decent feed stores....if they don't carry it, they can order a few bags in for ya.

They eat a LOT, and poop like a cow. LOL.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!