Shrillomn, a brief expose - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #11
Shrillomn
Laura,
I'm afraid that your negative karma will not deter me.
It would seem that there are others who feel the same way as I, since your negative karma has already been cancelled out by the positive karma from others.

Fauna can be brought back to the greatness that it once enjoyed!

Old 11-11-2006, 07:25 PM   #12
shrap
Yep, just someone else wanting to create more drama.

If your intentions were truly honorable and you were a person of integrity you would not be posting with an alias. You would come here and discuss the issues like an adult.

Old 11-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #13
Shrillomn
Sammy,
In my opinion, you have always presented yourself well here and are someone who's opinion I respect. Let me ask you one question and please be honest:

Do you prefer the current Fauna with everything wide open, or the Fauna from a year ago when it was moderated?

I realize that there have been several gradients - from very tightly controlled to what we have now. What, in your respected opinion was the best version of Fauna?

Just to set the record straight.
I am not here to ridicule any particular individual.
The person whose identity I have chosen to emulate is, in my opinion, a good guy. Does he go over the top now and then - most definitely. I have no doubt that he would admit to that freely. He was simply a very recognizable individual to emulate. The opening post was entirely in jest and I'm sure that he would see it as such. After all, he does indeed, not answer to anyone.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:35 PM   #14
shrap
In my opinion, things certainly go too far now, but at the same time were a bit too tight then.

Ideally, to me, things should reside somewhere between where they are now and how they were then. Exactly where in between???? Hell, I dont know, but I dont think either extreme is what was best for this community.

Old 11-11-2006, 08:44 PM   #15
cka
This is kinda funny, altho whether it's funny haha or just funny sad is up for debate...JMHO there has never been a better or worse "version" of Fauna, it's the folks who make up the membership that set the tone...It's moderation is thru everyones own actions i.e. whether or not you are an ass isn't going to change by having a "mod" tell you you are/aren't an ass...Anyway, welcome back We...err I mean, welcome to fauna, "Shrillomn" ;*)

Old 11-11-2006, 09:19 PM   #16
Shrillomn
Nice Okeetee Chris.

However, I disagree with your view of things here.
The moderation, or in our present situation, lack of moderation, does affect the community here.

The name calling and general verbal abuse would have never been tolerated in the "old days". This Board was kept civil and violators were warned, then suspended, then removed.

Unfortunately, it seems that it is "easier" to just go with the status quo then to try and preserve what was once a beacon for the reptile community.

Is anyone else a little annoyed with what has happened to "our" site?

There was a time when Fauna was free, but even then, held to a high standard. It became apparent that Rich was footing the entire bill for what he, and many others, felt was a benefit to the entire reptile community.

Auctions were posted and donations were made to ease the financial burden on one man. He was encouraged by many to enact a "Pay to Play" scenario so that he would not be the sole financier. Many people signed up and paid anywhere from $10.00 to $250.00 to ensure the longevity of this forum.

Of course, once this was done, the board became a product in which many people had invested. I'm not sure what the length of time was (I'm sure someone will post it) but there came a time (after all of these monies had been collected) that the management decided that this was no longer worth their time.

Even though all of these monies had been collected, the rules were relaxed and new members had full access for free.

I'm sorry, but at the point where the site became a "Pay Site" there was now an obligation to the customers to provide the service that they paid for. For the management to decide that they are simply no longer interested, doesn't cut it.

Old 11-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #17
Laura Fopiano
Wink

I understand you plight to bringing fauna back to the old days, however, Rich has made it pretty clear that he is not up to the amount of work that it required to implement that any longer. Can you imagine all of the pm's and whining emails that he had to endure.

I say lead by example. I do not swear on this sight except in "hell", and I don't find it necessary in any of the forums except that one.

I do find it interesting that you are not a payed member and yet can see that I left you negative karma......how is that pez???? Inquirering minds want to know???????????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrillomn
Laura,
I'm afraid that your negative karma will not deter me.
It would seem that there are others who feel the same way as I, since your negative karma has already been cancelled out by the positive karma from others.

Fauna can be brought back to the greatness that it once enjoyed!

Old 11-11-2006, 09:33 PM   #18
Shrillomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Fopiano
I do find it interesting that you are not a payed member and yet can see that I left you negative karma......how is that pez???? Inquirering minds want to know???????????
Laura,
The comment you made on the negative karma post:
Quote:
Go away and stop imitating my friend!!!
made it a reasonable assumption (I know how much your friend likes the word ASSume) but thank you for confirming it.

Old 11-11-2006, 11:19 PM   #19
varnyard
How quaint!! Maybe using your real name would be in order, I say this based on a search for your so called real name here. If you were here in the good old days and this is your real name, than do tell why it does not show up in the search?

As for me, I see no reason to give you the time of day. Your hidden cloak of darkness does not impress me, kinda reminds me of the stunts that scammers pull when they have something to hide.

Sorry, but I take things at face value. If you can not be upfront, than you can stay on your low road you chose to travel. JMHO.

Old 11-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #20
Wilomn
chadwicke, you make me laugh.

Been kicked off any forums lately?

AHAHAhahahahahAHHAHAHAHAHahahahahHAHahahahahahHaha hahahah

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Thank you, thankyouverymuch. Now make me a fried nanner and peanutbutter sammich.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!