Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:35 AM   #21
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
I send him the information about 20 minutes ago.
send =*Sent

Old 10-18-2005, 12:45 AM   #22
Chris@TSE
Usually I like to wait for the second half of the story, but in this case there really is no excuse for delaying a refund to this customer unless there is some missing correspondence from the buyer asking the seller to hold off or pay a different and more time consuming way, which I doubt..... Or unless a later email specified he would not be able to issue a refund until such and such a date. All in all it is pretty clear.

I'm sure what happened previously before a refund was agreed upon could have gone differently, but it seems as this refund was agreed upon and much time has passed since then. And last I checked, no one can be too busy to sign a check or send a paypal payment...

Or for that matter, even contact your buyer and tell them the money was spent and it may take some time, "sorry".

The ball was dropped, and I hope his response to this matter is not coated with excuses. From what I have seen he seems like a stand up fellow. Lets hope this can be resolved peacefully and make decisions when all is said and done.

Forming an opinion of this business dealing and the company now, guilty before proven innocent, seems rash. I could not sit here for a moment and say I would not deal with them ever.....

I'll wait till the jury is in and the credits roll before I grab my coat.

I'm sure it will work itself out, and hopefully this will be a learning experience for the seller. I'm still sticking with my gut on this one and I'm going to say the funds were spent before they should have been, I guess its a common mistake from what I have seen. Money is probably tight now and he should have communicated this to his buyer instead of saying he was busy or using stall tactics. Honesty is the best policy. Sure, it still bites for the customer, but at least its the right thing to do in that situation if it were to arise. Hell, things happen and you need cash. But now the mess seems to have gotten uglier and it could have been avoided. Live and learn.

We should have a modification to fauna installed to place wagers on the outcomes of boi threads, I'm feeling strong on this one. lol j/k

Ok, im over tired, bored, and rambling. I'm done. Good luck....

Old 10-18-2005, 01:22 AM   #23
MillenniumMorph
Reponse from MILLENNIUM MORPHS in regards to Matt Crabe

To all who have read this thread and have any questions at all…(I am hoping this will answer them)…... First of all, let me start by introducing myself and my company to whom that do not know me or have not done business with me. My name is Adam Borisuk and I am the owner/President of Millennium Morphs Inc. I have been in the reptile industry for over 15 years and have been breeding reptiles for almost 20. I have worked hard for many years to build a very honest and reputable business. It is hard in retail or wholesale for that matter, to make EVERYONE happy. But I always tried my best. I have NEVER screwed anyone in the business. I have also NEVER been on ANY forum or BOI in regards to any bad dealings in business what so ever. Which I think deserves a little credit. And I am very proud of that. I will always do my best to provide as good as service as I possibly can.
In regards to the thread from Matt Crabe, I would like to take this opportunity to defend myself. I do not understand why he had posted on this BOI and do not understand why he is upset with me. He explained the situation pretty well. He gave most of the detail, but left out some very important facts that should make this (unfair deal) very clear to everyone.
The first thing I want to make clear is the company policy (which Matt was fully aware of). Our company policy states that we DO NOT offer cash refunds on any animals sold, UNLESS the animal arrives DOA or the animal was not produced by Millennium Morphs as expected. Meaning if we pre-sold an animal from an expected litter of animals that we were supposed to produce, and we could not produce it for any reason, then we would give a 100% cash refund. For example – if we had pre-sold a Hypo Motley boa from a litter that we were expecting and the female slugged out, we would then refund the entire payment in CASH because we did not hold up to our end of the deal. ANY and ALL other sales are final. We do not refund cash. We will give you a credit on the value of money owed to you for anything that we have available for sale. There are MANY companies out there that offer the same terms, and we feel that is extremely fair. We would never just take someone’s money. Matt was aware of all of these terms.
In regards to Matt’s purchase, I just want everyone to be clear on the entire situation. I honestly thought I was bending over backwards for him. It all stared when I had posted a DH sunglow female up for sale. I was putting it up for sale on Kingsnake.com for a great price. Matt was the first out of a dozen or so people to respond to my ad. He told me he definitely wanted her and would take her, if and only if I would accept a payment plan. Matt sounded like a good guy and I felt bad that he didn’t have all the money so I agreed to a payment plan. The payment plan was to be spread out over a 2 month period. I told him not to worry that I would hold the animal as long as he wanted. He seemed thrilled, and I was happy for him. I honestly though I was doing a very nice thing.
Matt made his first payment in MAY and told me he would contact me when he was sending the next one. I forget exactly when he made the second payment but he did come through and make it like he said. He then contacted me and told me that he was going to make the last payment. I told him no problem and waited for the final payment. The final payment was in JULY sometime. I think it was around July 11th like he stated in the thread. He also stated that I deposited it on July 27th which was weeks after he sent it. (which shows you I was not desperate for his money) considering I didn’t get to my bank for over 2 weeks.
After the final payment was made, Matt and I spoke in regards to shipping the animal. When we spoke I explained to him that I was extremely busy and had been doing a lot of reptile shows on the road. And that Daytona was coming up, that I could not ship out the animal until the shows had been over. (I was just too busy and had been dealing with a lot of pressure). He was completely cool with that and told me NO PROBLEM. A couple of weeks after the show he had contacted me and was upset that he did not receive the animal yet. I told him that I would ship it out Monday and to call me to confirm the address I was shipping to. And to let me know if Monday was ok. I did not hear from him until he asked me for a refund on Tuesday. I told him that I would ship the animal out the next day and apologized for the misunderstanding and he said no I want my money back. I thought this was a little strange, considering I was offering to send him his animal the next day.
I waited patiently for months for him to pay for the animal and NEVER called him once to ask for money. I waited until he paid and gave him as much time as needed. If he would have told me he was in a rush for me to ship him the animal I would have made arrangements for someone to ship it to him if I was not able. But he never stated that of even gave me the slightest feeling that he felt that way. Until he demanded a cash refund.
After demanding a cash refund I explained to him that I do not give cash refunds on animals that we sold, and I would ship it to him. He did not want that. He said he wanted his money back. So once again I tried to do the right thing and told him that I would make an EXCEPTION to our company policy and refund his cash under one condition. That was that I would resell the animal and then give him his money. He was fine with that. Then he said that he waited long enough and that I should pay him his money.
Considering our company policy is to give only credit and not cash refunds, I do not understand where we had gone wrong. Matt was fully aware of this before the deal was agreed upon. So to turn it around on us and make us out to be the bad guy, I am lost. The one thing that I apologized for and will apologize again for, is being too busy and not being able to ship out the animal quicker. But I explained that to him and he was ok with it.
I honestly feel in my heart that we did nothing wrong and have done nothing but work with Matt in this situation. I tried from the beginning to make him happy and work with him. We are not robbing him of his money or keeping his money, we are just simply selling his animal that he agreed we should do before refunding his money. He had three choices, first was to take the animal that he bought, second was to use his money toward another animal, and third was to get a cash refund after we sold the animal that he decided he did not want anymore. He chose the third option. Which was perfectly fine with us.
If you could try to understand our point of view in the situation it would be greatly appreciated. Put yourself in our shoes, we sold a snake, the person DID NOT have the money for it, we agreed on a payment plan, after it was paid for he requests a refund. We do not know if he needed money for something else, if he had just changed his mind after months, on his purchase or if he just realized he could afford the animal. So he demands his cash back after months, on an animal that we could have sold to someone else and been done with it.
It is very hard to figure out the real reason, but this is why are sales are all final at the time of purchase. We do not want to rob anyone of there money, that is why we offer a credit. If you have a change of mind or feel that you have made a mistake, we do not just keep your money, we let you use it toward something else. It is hard to please everyone in a retail business but we try to do our best. In this situation we have tried our best and that is the real truth.
Before I go, I would like to apologize to Matt and anyone else who feels we were wrong in this entire situation. All the years we have been in business I have never had to deal with a situation like this one. I always try to do my best and make customers as happy as I can. I can honestly say that I have done my best to make Matt happy and had no intentions of ripping him off or stealing his money. I told him he will receive his money as soon as the animal sells or he can take the animal that he originally purchased. He will in fact have his money as soon as the animal sells. That is what he originally chose and that is what he will receive.

Thank you for taking the time to read this thread and hopefully you can see where we are coming from and understand that we are just following our company policies and most of all DOING what was AGREED upon.

To all who have responded to the thread and have made your comments on how we have not conducted business properly, I would like you to reconsider after hearing my side of the story and hopefully you can make a more educated decision on the entire situation. A couple of people have said that I can not be too busy to sign a check or that I agreed to refund his money long ago, that it should have been done already, or that they have been in a situation where they received money on an animal twice and they returned it immediately. This is a completely different situation. Matt agreed that I should ship after Daytona and then when I told him I would ship, he requested a refund and told me not to ship.
A good example is if you had gone to your local pet store and purchased a snake for x amount of dollars, and then tried to return it, and the owner said we do not give cash refunds, we only give store credit. Would he be a bad guy? No, he would give you a store credit and you would spend it when you were ready.
Our situation was the same thing, but we bent the rules and told Matt that we would refund his cash instead of giving him credit ( to make him happy) ONCE WE SOLD the animal he had purchased. It was his decision to accept that offer. Please understand were we are coming from. Thank you

Old 10-18-2005, 01:30 AM   #24
MillenniumMorph
Wink Anyone interested in speaking to me directly is more than welcome ...# 631-831-0078

Anyone who is interested in speaking to me directly in regards to this matter is more than welcome to call me at # 631-831-0078 or email me at info@millenniummorphs.com........

I want to resolve this situation asap....We have NEVER had a single complaint in all the years of business and you can check on that yourself. We have never made a single forum involving a bad business transaction, with over half a million in business per year. That is quite a good number of customers.

We try our best to make our customers happy.....and will continue to do so.

Thank you ..........

Old 10-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #25
MillenniumMorph
Wink Signature

I was told I had to put my signature at the bottom of each post .....Sorry

Adam Borisuk
Millennium Morphs Inc.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:43 AM   #26
Dennis Hultman
Adam, Your name is in the name field over on the left. You do not have to add it at the bottom when it is included in your profile.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:44 AM   #27
MillenniumMorph
Thank you

OK, thank you

Old 10-18-2005, 01:51 AM   #28
Rebel Dragons
Adam, are there missing emails in Matt's original post? Or is that the complete email exchange concerning this deal?

Old 10-18-2005, 01:56 AM   #29
MillenniumMorph
Response

I need to look again at the emails, but there were many phone converstaions regarding this deal. The first night I agreed to take payments over the course of 2 months he was fully aware that there would not be a cash refund available. I also discussed over the phone that I would ship toward the end of August or begining of September (after Daytona) and he was fine with it. That is why I do not inderstand where he is coming from asking for a refund. ( Which we agreed on giving him after we sold the animal, and he was ok with it)

I am confused

Old 10-18-2005, 02:00 AM   #30
KelliH
But Adam, you told him in an email you would return his money in full:

Quote:
I am not angry at all and will give you your money back in full
What happened? Did you change your mind? If your policy is no cash refunds etc etc, why did you lie to him?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!