Acme Reptiles!!?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-17-2006, 08:53 AM   #1
gmherps
Acme Reptiles!!??

I don't know, but this may just be a scam:

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=416252&cat=32

50% het Mojave??!! LOL!!

Everyone take notice of this person selling herps now!!!

Sorry if I may offend people who would want to defend this "person".
Attached Files
File Type: doc acme.doc (175.0 KB, 100 views)

Old 06-17-2006, 10:02 AM   #2
greg4000
saw it also

thought it was funny myself. mabey they are just severly undereducated about doms, and co doms. who knows. the name kindve throws you off as well.

Old 06-17-2006, 10:41 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
It might be not what it seems...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg4000
thought it was funny myself. mabey they are just severly undereducated about doms, and co doms. who knows. the name kindve throws you off as well.
I think Greg4000 is right on what he said, and it's a case of an individual confused about the genetic inheritance of the morph.

RCreptiles belongs to Ron Crawford, a well known ball python breeder who advertises in this site. In my opinion what happened here is that the person who bought from Ron seems to be very unaware of co-dominance of the Mojave trait. He probably thought of them as recessive and that a Mojave by a normal would give a 50%.

Here is one of the ads that Ron has on hits site:

Quote:
Morph: Normal
ID#: FN7767
Sex: Female
Weight: 61 grams
Hatched: May 24, 2006
Parents: Father: Mojave
Mother: Normal
Price: $125.00 SOLD
Notes: This female is an excellent example of the classic "black-back". Her solid dark coloring makes her patterns and tones glow very brightly. A true gem.
It seems this is the same snake that was posted for sale in Ron’s site. Just compare the wording in the quote above with that of ACME Reptiles in their ad:

48 grams
May 14, 2006
Quote:
MojaveX Normal from rcreptiles classic
black-back. solid dark coloring makes patterns and tones glow very brightly. awesome snake.(Remember Mojave x Mojave breeding produces a rare Leucistic ball python.)
in addtion i am also selling the cage setup that its in which includes 36x12x12 tank, heat lamp 60watt day glow, under tank heat small grape wood hide box and water dish ..along with stand for only 350 or obo local pickup only, will aslo include a Exo terra 24x18x18 tank outfitted with flex watt heat tape with dimmer switch 2 10 inche ceramic base plug and go heat lamps..selling all need to make room for my GTP's an Aft's and found i really dont want to deal with Terrestrial pythons
It seems obvious that the person assumed a Mojave x normal was a 50%, forgetting that Ron had clearly stated in his site that it was a “normal”. If ACME Reptiles had intentions to scam anyone they would probably have never referred to the original breeder in their ad. It would be important to e-mail him just to alert him of his mistake (I think this is what it is and not an attempt to scam).

Regards.

Old 06-17-2006, 12:45 PM   #4
kmurphy
Just curious if anyone else thinks that snake looks a bit on the skinny side?

Old 06-17-2006, 01:41 PM   #5
gmherps
That was the second thing I noticed after spilling my coffee after reading the ad.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:18 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
Just curious if anyone else thinks that snake looks a bit on the skinny side?
Skinny and a little bit dehydrated too. According yo the pattern it seems to be the same snake that's on Ron's web page. There's a link to more pictures of the same animal on his site but I coulnd't open it.

Regards.

Old 06-17-2006, 06:24 PM   #7
The BoidSmith
Did any of you contacted ACME Reptiles? The ad has been removed so maybe he wanted to correct his mistake.

Regards.

Old 06-17-2006, 07:47 PM   #8
Neil Gubitz
Well, I don't do "Balls", but even *I* know that at FORTY EIGHT (48) GRAMS.... that snake is IMMACIATED!!!....

Neil

Old 06-17-2006, 10:01 PM   #9
gmherps
I emailed the seller. I was emailed back with a response to the effect of "I'm new and didn't know what it really is, and what is this snake I have"? I didn't respond back to the seller.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:37 AM   #10
The BoidSmith
Greg,

In all honesty I'm inclined to believe his words, and I'm glad that you e-mailed him. If the set-up he was selling was where he was keeping him no wonder the snake was not thriving. Ball python neonates do better in smaller containers where they feel more secure, and where temperature and moisture can be better kept under control.

Regards

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!