Action Screens..anyone have problems with them? Being put through the ringer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-03-2002, 01:29 AM   #1
viper69
Exclamation Action Screens..anyone have problems with them? Being put through the ringer

I am having the WORST experience short of having my money outright stolen with Action Screens.

In short it will take about a month to receive a simple screen cage from them.

I am extremely dissatisfied with the fact that I was lied to about the cage being put on rush order/delivery..THAT never happened..and that's what has ticked me off so much. I WILL NEVER NEVER EVER order from them. There communication be it phone or emails is abysmmal. Essentially you get the feeling that if you don't call them twice a week they will forget about you and not respond.

I originally placed my order late Oct. very early November!

I have enclosed a letter I have emailed them..and they have not responded at all.

Dear Janeane,

Sorry if I spelled your name wrong.

I am very disappointed with the type of service I have received with my
order. I am not upset that the first one was broken (Nov 9th), although it could have been packaged much better. However, I am disappointed that when I called early November to report to Action Screens (Nov 9th) about the broken cage, Paul told me my cage was shipped out on Friday, Nov 15th. I made a second phone call (Mon/Tues next week), and in our conversation you told me that wasn't the case. That in essence, "the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing", meaning my replacement cage had not even been made. I was originally going to cancel my order, however you reassured me that a rush would be put on it and I would receive it by Monday Nov 25th, Tuesday at the latest. Well those dates have
since fallen through. Paul has just given me the tracking number from
FedExGround, (230171500000292). I have checked the package on the website and the anticipated delivery date is Monday, Dec 2nd!!! I hardly consider an arrival date of Dec2nd a Rush/Priority Order. The amount of time it took the first cage to arrive, is approximately the same amount of time it will take the replacement cage to arrive. Do you call consider that a RUSH?? I certainly don't, and neither would anyone else.

And as an added inconvenience, according to FedExGround that tracking number is going to Fairfax, VA and then to be routed to Birmingham, AL. So sometime
after Dec 2nd approximately 7 business according to FedEx Ground I should be
receiving a package, the contents of which are unknown. I will either be
receiving my order..or someone elses order (2 cages according to Paul).

That's it..today is Dec 2nd. And no cage..and in fact it will be late because of someone making a mistake at Action Screens or FedEx...Action doesn't even know if this is my cage or not..Paul made a joke with me on the phone that at least the package is heading East that's close..I am thoroughly DISGUSTED. I just want to puke. I would never treat a customer this way.

Old 12-03-2002, 01:35 AM   #2
NEWReptiles
Read the TOS

You may need a name

Old 12-03-2002, 01:43 AM   #3
viper69
My mistake

Source

Action Screens.

Paul and Janeane...

reptilecages@actionscreens.com

Phone: 360.737.0844

Buyer as in ME....Chris Mazzochi

Still in a fury of anger as FedEX says it will be Dec9th for the package..of which no one knows if it's mine..or the cage they shipped and supposedly got the zip codes wrong.

Old 12-03-2002, 01:43 AM   #4
WebSlave
OK, I'm feeling kind hearted (or soft headed) right now. If Viper69 puts in his full name before this time tomorrow, I won't delete this thread.

If he doesn't, I guess he's just another of those drive-by posters that flit in here every once in a while. To me, in some respects, it's like shooting clay pigeons.

Old 12-05-2002, 12:14 AM   #5
viper69
MORE crap from Action Screens

Here Paul and Janeen's repsonse to my original letter that I just recently posted here.

Followed by my response to them.

I am truly sorry for the inconvenience that we have caused. I assure you that this does not happen on a regular basis. Miscommunication was the problem. I hope that you enjoy your cage and please except our apology.

Thank you,
Paul/Janeen

Action Screens,

I do not care if this is your normal service or not. I am NEVER ordering anything from your company, nor will never endorse your product when people ask your company. Simply put as stated in my original email, I was told there would be a rush on the second cage..And it's due date would have been Dec 2nd. That's the same amount of time it took the first cage to arrive. So, with the second cage, first there was miscommunication between the two of you as to what was being built and for whom. Second, Janeen reassured me and explicitly said there "would be a rush" placed on the item. Well there never was never any sort of rush in getting my ordered item to its destination, certainly not with an expected arrival date of Dec 2nd.

I do not like being lied to in any way. I find that sort of human behavior and business practice both dishonest and inexcusable.

My due date for the unknown package is DECEMBER 9TH!! Thanks to the zip code mistake.

Thank you,

Chris

That's all folks

Chris Mazzochi

Old 12-15-2002, 02:55 AM   #6
viper69
NO refund YET

Never received my product. If anyone has read my previous post, then you will now know that I have not received my cage at all.

On top of that, last week Dec 5/6th I asked for a refund on my credit card. My account has not received anything I called tonight.

I am out $170.00 from Action Screens, who are represented by Paul and Janeen.

That's all I am going to say about that.

Thanks,

Chris Mazzochi

Old 12-15-2002, 03:51 AM   #7
funfarm
my advise is to contact your credit card company and find out the proedure to dispute the charge and have it reversed. That seems to be the only chance at getting your money back now.
Doreen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!