Lots of cages in GA...pick up only (pics) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Caging, Supplies & Services For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #1
hill4803
Lots of cages in GA...pick up only (pics)

Got out of herps a few years ago but recently decided to get a SMALL collection started. This go around it will be on a much smaller scale…so to help fund the new purchases and to also help me keep my collection from getting too big I have decided to sell off everything that I don’t need and/or could tempt me to buy more animals than I need!

I have a few multicage units and some miscellaneous cages for sale. I built many of these and used them for my personal collection. These could house a few different animals; I used them for various snakes and geckos. All of these have been cleaned and sanitized with chlorohexidine. They have been sitting empty for over a year. Some of the pictures are recent, some are old pictures, I will be getting new pictures up when I get the cages out of the spare room.

Please view the pictures; I have tried to include as much information as possible. If you have any questions please feel free to ask!

***All of these are pick up only, I will NOT even entertain the idea of shipping these!!! I am located about 20 miles west of Atlanta, Georgia.***
Unit #1
Unit 1 has been sold!

Unit #2
This unit used to house 5 male leos. It was the “bachelor” pad!
Dims (approx): 4' (ht) x 3' (width) x 16” (deep) - total for the entire setup. Each individual enclosure is about 10" (ht) x 3' (width) x 16” (deep).
Made from: 3/4" thick melamine with 1/4" sliding glass doors. This is on wheels for easy moving.
Lighting/heat: provided by 10 watt halogen lights. These keep a great temperature gradient without the use of additional heating. Warm side goes 90ish and cool side was around low/mid 70's when I used them. I just replaced the bulbs.
Each unit is sealed with silicone and is very easy to clean.
This setup is VERY heavy and is for pick up only!!! This was the first unit I built and I didn’t use litter dams, I put some supports (1x2’s) in the cages to prevent sagging. The very bottom enclosure was a little tricky to open/close after awhile but it is fine now.
Price = $155
**Everything has been removed from inside the cage, only the cage is for sale.**
See Picture #2

Unit #3
This unit has never been used!
Dims (approx): 4' (ht) x 3' (width) x 1’ (deep) - total for the entire setup. Each individual enclosure is about 10" (ht) x 3' (width) x 1’ (deep).
Made from: 3/4" thick melamine with 1/8" sliding glass doors. I used the thinner glass because of the depth of the unit, the thicker glass made it “front heavy”. This is on wheels for easy moving.
No lights or heat with this unit but could easily be wired with either.
Each unit is sealed with silicone and is very easy to clean.
This setup is pretty heavy and is for pick up only!!!
Price = $125
**no picture, looks like unit #1 above.**

2 unit cage (horizontal):
Never used, would be great for some smaller snakes. Could be wired with heat tape or lighting.
Dims (approx): 2' (ht) x 2' (width) x 1’ (deep) - total for the entire setup. Each individual enclosure is about 1’ (ht) x 2' (width) x 1’ (deep)
Made from: 3/4" thick melamine with 1/4" sliding glass doors. The backing is painted pegboard.
Each unit is sealed with silicone and is very easy to clean. I have some smaller pieces of 3” heat tape that I will throw in; they will need to be wired.
Pick up only, no shipping.
Price = $60
See picture #3.

2 unit cage (vertical) #1:
Dims (approx): 2' (ht) x 2' (width) x 1’ (deep) - total for the entire setup. Each individual enclosure is about 2’ (ht) x 1' (width) x 1’ (deep)
Made from: 3/4" thick melamine with 1/4" sliding glass doors. The backing is painted luan.
Each unit is sealed with silicone and is very easy to clean. I used a small stripe light, I think they were LED’s but not certain. I housed some crested geckos in these.
Price = $60

**pictures added soon**

2 unit cage (vertical) #2:
Dims (approx): 2' (ht) x 2' (width) x 1’ (deep) - total for the entire setup. Each individual enclosure is about 2’ (ht) x 1' (width) x 1’ (deep)
Made from: 3/4" thick melamine with 1/4" plexiglass doors. The backing is painted luan.
Each unit is sealed with silicone and is very easy to clean. I used a small stripe light, I think they were LED’s but not certain. I housed some crested geckos in these.
Price = $50

**pictures added soon**

Single Unit:
Dims (approx): 2' (ht) x 2' (width) x 1’ (deep) - total for the entire setup
Made from: 3/4" thick melamine with 1/4" sliding glass doors. The backing is painted luan.
This is sealed with silicone and is very easy to clean.
Price = $60

**pictures added soon**

PVC cage:
I bought this cage new from the guy who built them, don’t remember the name though. It is white PVC with a plexiglass door. It has a light fixture and 2 screened vents built in. No scratches or dings, very good condition and very light weight.
Dims (approx.): 13” (ht) x 2’ (width) x 20” (deep)
Price = $50

Pet Store Setup:
This can be disassembled, but is for pick up only! Each cage is made of plexiglass and is relatively lightweight (compared to glass cages). There are notches built in to the bottoms of each row of cages that holds 3” heat tape attached to a piece of plexi for undertank heating (included). I am also including the 4’ shop light pictured, but it only has one bulb.

I have 1 key for the built in locks for the middle row of cages. The top right cage has a lock on it and I do not have the key for it! (See picture).

Total Dims: 6’3” (height) x 4’ (width) x 18” (depth)
Top row – 2 cages, each measuring approx. 2’ (height) x 2’ (width) x 18” (depth). There is a top and bottom set of sliding glass doors for each cage. Screen on top for ventilation. These would be good for something arboreal.

Middle row – 4 cages, each measuring approx. 1’ (ht) x 1’ (width) x 18” (depth). Each of these has a built in lock with a single key for all. There are holes pre-drilled into the plexi at the top for ventilation.
Bottom row – 2 cages, each measuring approx. 1’ (ht) x 2’ (width) x 18” (depth). Each cage has a set of sliding glass doors. There are holes pre-drilled into the plexi at the top for ventilation.
Price = $230
I can also add some keyed locks for all the sliding doors for $3 each.

**Pictures to be added soon!**

Rack:
This rack holds 15 total 15 L /16 qt. sterilite boxes. The boxes are used with the lids and have air holes. I am including 20 boxes with this rack (pictured). The heating I used was rope lighting, never got around to hooking up the heat tape. The back is a 2’ x 4’ piece of pegboard. I have 2 – 4’ lengths of 11” wide heat tape (8’ total length) ready to be wired and installed on this rack (pictured on top of rack). The heat tape is included in the price below.
The materials: 3/4” melamine
Total Dims: = 4’ (ht) x 3’ (wd) x 16” (dp)
Once again VERY heavy and isn’t on wheels, so it’s also for pick up only.
Price = $140
See picture #4

I also have keyed locks for all of the cages with sliding glass doors. I will throw in a set of 5 locks with each multiunit cage for $15. If you want to buy the locks separately they are $8 each. I can ship the locks (you pay shipping).

The fastest way to get a response is email: rrhill6@yahoo.com

***All of these are pick up only, I will NOT even entertain the idea of shipping these!!! I am located about 20 miles west of Atlanta, Georgia.***
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-09-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
hill4803
Here are the pics of the 2 unit vertical cage, the rack and the pvc cage. More pics to come.
  Contact User Check User
Old 06-09-2008, 06:04 PM   #3
hill4803
The petstore setup.
1st pic is whole unit. Each row is a single piece divided into the individual cages.
2nd pic top row - 2 arboreal type cages, 2 sets of sliding glass doors. I do not have the key for the top right lock. Vents on the top of each cage, heat tape on the bottom.
3rd pic middle row - 4 smaller units, doors hinge out, single key for all 4 locks.
4th pic bottom row - 2 units, single slide glass doors on each. I have the glass track for the doors pictured, it is white (the rest of the glass tracks are gray).
Overall in good shape...works for folks with several different housing needs.
This is for pick up only!
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-03-2009, 01:45 PM   #4
BURMTIC
hi my name is Blake i live in Atlanta im intressted in a cage something that can house my 5 foot burmese python...if you could get back with me

Sk8bgb@yahoo.com thanks

Old 01-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #5
hill4803
email sent.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #6
mtickle4
Just got the DVD and Left you a BOI post!

Hey, I just got the Breeding dvd. It looks great. I am excited to watch it. Just wanted to see what caging/racks you have left? thought maybe if there was some stuff I needed it might just be worth the drive! I left you a positive post on the BOI under the only thing I could find about you. I do not have a BOI thread and have only posted on it once so I hope I did it right.
Thanks again,
matt

Old 01-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #7
Kuntz98
I was wondering if you still have the rack and Unit#3 still available. Thanks.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
hill4803
I have an 18 box rack, the flexwatt (11" x 6' long) isn't wired or attached. The rack looks like the one in the picture but with 6 shelves. And I do still have the small vertical cage.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #9
Kuntz98
How much for the 18 box rack? Would you offer a discount if 2 or more units are purchased?

Thanks

Old 05-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #10
davenkelly
Wish I had seen this sooner

Do you have any cages left?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread