New light box - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-13-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
AbsoluteApril
New light box

I was given a 'deluxe table top photo studio' during the holidays and finally got around to trying it out. First a test shot:

Snapped a couple quick shots of Sorbet, an ’09 het albino keeper from my litter last year

Here’s the set up. I really like it because I don’t need to rely on the camera’s flash which always messes up their colors. Next time I will iron the background cloth

And just for the heck of it, here is Cinnamon a salmon (hypo) female and Kirk a red group jungle male, just put them back togehter today to see if anything will happen.

Thanks for looking,
-April

Old 03-13-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
crotalusadamanteus
One more light from straight above would be perfect! Looks like a nice set up though. I went and bought some nice studio flash set ups. And frankly, I got tired of trying to get all the manual setings on the camera right to make it function properly. LOL But a nice bright bulb makes them useful for something at least.

Sorry, I ramble at times.

The shots of the Boa did turn out pretty nice. Good looking Boa.

Old 03-15-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
AbsoluteApril
Thanks Rich!

Here's a shot I took last night that was cute, Lemondrop (my 98 gal) and Redboy.

This is their 2nd introduction this season but still nothing so who knows. May have to try again next year, gotta get this boy to learn what to do! lol
Take care,
-April

Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
densnake1
Nice boas! I love the male het. I had a male super salmon that it took 4 years for him to figure out what to do.lol i hope your guy gets the idea.
Dennis

Old 03-16-2010, 12:07 AM   #5
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by densnake1 View Post
Nice boas! I love the male het. I had a male super salmon that it took 4 years for him to figure out what to do.
I sure hope it doesn't take him that long! lol

This male is just a hypo harlequin, he's not het. I wanted to outcross the albino genes and hopefully add some of his color. I hope it happens one of these years, there are lots of other things I could be putting in there with her... but it's part of larger project I decided on a while ago so I'm stuck.

Good news is he is turning opaque and was going into blue when I took that photo. Hopefully after shedding he'll start feeling frisky!

Old 03-16-2010, 06:36 PM   #6
crotalusadamanteus
How does Harlequin pass? J/C

Old 03-16-2010, 09:50 PM   #7
Metachrosis
Feed him before he goes back in

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Good news is he is turning opaque and was going into blue when I took that photo. Hopefully after shedding he'll start feeling frisky!

Old 03-22-2010, 03:53 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
by jove I think he's got it!
Pic from Friday when he was still in blue

He shed yesterday and was at it again last night/this morning. Looks like there's a chance I'll be a grandma again! (the male is a holdback from one of my previous litters) here's hoping!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!