First breeding attempt - ATBs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-29-2006, 04:42 PM   #1
The Nothing
First breeding attempt - ATBs

I had mulled this over for a few weeks now, and today I finally went for it.

First off, meet Baal

She's just shy of a full 6' in length (5'10") and weighs in at a half kilo. She's a mean one, always rising up to stare me down as soon as I walk into the room

and here's Sokar

He's just about 5' long and 375g. He's has a decent demeanor and is often times handlable.

After thinking over it and watching the local weather and their temps I figured, why the heck not, and introduced the two of them. I was pretty nervous as this is my first snake breeding attempt, and I wasn't sure how Baal would take to Sokar. I know she doesn't care for me at all, and I had already pissed her off after the picture above.

But, I went for it.

I sat there watching and waiting, and wishing I could have a smoke. When I introduced them, I made sure that Baal was on the ground, and let Sokar into her enclosure onto the climb above her.

She was very calm.

After noting Baal wasn't going to treat Sokar like she treats me, I left them hanging out and went for my smoke break
How I left them

and by the time I came back...

Now I just have to wait and see what happens this next fall/winter...
Amazons don't necessarily carry on pattern/color traits, so who knows what the offspring will look like...

I know breeding isn't necessarily an easy thing, but these two sure made it that way.... ALL the pics above were taken within 1 hour...

Old 05-29-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
hhmoore
no pics

Old 05-29-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
hhmoore
uh, that was weird...they're there now

Old 05-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #4
ravensgait
Good luck on those two and keep us posted on how it goes..Randy

Old 08-02-2006, 01:12 PM   #5
The Nothing
caught Baal in the middle of her POS this morning 8 weeks and 1 day after the first copulation

hooray for early '07 babies

Old 08-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #6
ravensgait
Well that's good news.. That is one thing about these guys the long wait..Randy

Old 08-02-2006, 03:52 PM   #7
The Nothing
yeah, the wait is gonna be the killer...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!