Bad Guy Deans Reptiles - Page 13 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #121
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
My condolences, Ashley ... particularly in light of the IBD. How hideous to have to now worry about that! I sincerely hope none of your beloved collection will be affected.
Absolutely.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:32 PM   #122
SakaraGT4
thank you for the well wishes guys... If it's going to affect the collection I should know soon.... Pythons are the first to go so if they start dying then I'll know... If everyone is fine by New Years then hopefully I am in the clear with them

Old 11-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #123
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by SakaraGT4 View Post
I am PRAYING it was an isolated incident as far as my snakes are concerned... I may be able to list a price I paid and market value on these snakes, but to me, they are priceless They are all part of my family and I love them all
I see you have several ads going in which you are selling and also inquiring about purchasing.

With the IBD being confirmed.....do you think it would be a good thing to stop selling and not add anything new to your collection for a while?

Old 11-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #124
SakaraGT4
oh yes... I completely agree, lol... My snake house is on lock-down for now... nothing in and nothing out... It sucks, for sure... lol... There are a lot of animals I would like to have right now, lol...

But as of now, none in or out

Old 11-19-2009, 08:56 PM   #125
critical bill
Quote:
oh yes... I completely agree, lol... My snake house is on lock-down for now... nothing in and nothing out... It sucks, for sure... lol... There are a lot of animals I would like to have right now, lol...

But as of now, none in or out
Yeah but you just sold one just a few days ago.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...75&postcount=5

On the 13th you posted that the snake died and you would be posting an update to state whether it was something serious or not (which you did today). Obviously you thought it could be something serious - like IBD, and it was, so why are moving animals out during that time?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:01 PM   #126
SakaraGT4
the snake was sold to a friend and it is still here... has not gone anywhere yet... I still have all 10 babies... so no, that person will not be paying for it and it will not leave.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM   #127
critical bill
Quote:
the snake was sold to a friend and it is still here... has not gone anywhere yet... I still have all 10 babies... so no, that person will not be paying for it and it will not leave.
Oh come on...that sounds too convenient and like a total load of BS. I was born at night but it wast last night.

On the 16th you "bizz" bumped the thread because you claimed you had another female ready to drop.

That is in spite of the fact that you had a genuine concern it could be something serious as you clearly stated on the 13th.

You fears were confirmed. You thought it could be serious and it was.

So why were you pushing animals out during that time?

Old 11-19-2009, 09:24 PM   #128
SakaraGT4
at the time I thought it could be something bad, but I honestly never expected to hear the letters IBD... I had posted the situation on another forum and asked if anyone had ever had an animal with these symptoms and what were the causes... I got responses about other neurological issues that are NOT IDB as well as a couple ppl that said they had snakes that had cancer or tumors and would bite themselves in an attempt to get whatever was hurting them away.

I was devastated when I heard IBD... The snake never even exhibited IBD type symptoms... Even until the time that he passed away, he could still completely right himself if flipped over, climb up himself if I held him by the tail and as I said, he never showed any signs of IBD... I have been told that IBD tests can show false positives if a snake has other neurological issues or something... But as I said in my paragraph, the only true way to know is, unfortunately, if my other snakes start dying.

As I stated, all the animals are here and are not leaving. Does it suck? yes... But I'm not going to sell possibly sick animals to people. Especially with the babies possibly having IBD. At least I am honest and will not let any of them go.

Old 11-19-2009, 09:40 PM   #129
critical bill
Quote:
the only true way to know is, unfortunately, if my other snakes start dying.
I don't know this to be a fact.

I believe I read it somewhere on here that breeders who have had a case of IBD will randomly select animals to be euthanized and tested. Something to the effect that the test are more conclusive if the animal is freshly dead at the time of exam.

Can anyone else with more experience add to this?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #130
reticguy76
first and foremost, my deepest sympathies to you guys and your snakes. ibd is a delicate and tricky "disease". i have to be honest, with the uncertainty and still much unknown about ibd, i would ask for not only, the biopsy report (assuming it was observed by a reptile/amphibian pathologist, who has diagnosed ibd prior), i would also ask for a microscopic picture of the ibd cells identified.
it sounds horrible, but chuck is right, the best way to properly identify this cell is as freshly dead as possible. i can say, if ibd was suspected in my collection, and especially diagnosed, i would select one of my least "favorite" pythons (since your first choice is boas), and have it euthanized and tested. there is no 100 percent definates with ibd, except if/when diagnosed by a properly qualified pathologist. if another snake tests postive, you have a real bad problem on your hands. however, a negative pathology reading does not mean that snake is negative. positive is positive, but negative doesnt necessarily mean negative. ibd sucks and there is still a whole lot needed to be researched and learned about this terrible disease

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!