Inquiry Mitch Perry... anybody heard of him? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:03 PM   #1
waspinator421
Mitch Perry... anybody heard of him?

I recently sold several snakes in one shipment to a guy in Florida named Mitch Perry. The transaction went smoothly... paid promptly, I shipped the next day, and FedEx confirmed delivery of the snakes. The only thing weird about the transaction is that he never responded to my e-mails when I was asking about the condition of the snakes, and when I tried the phone number it said it was disconnected.

After a week of waiting for a response from him and nothing happened, I had to assume that every snake arrived in good condition otherwise I believe I would have been contacted with a complaint. I then transferred the money from Paypal into my bank account and that was that.

Now today I get an e-mail from Paypal saying that the transaction is in dispute and that the money is on hold until it is resolved. The dispute was that the payment was not authorized by the account holder.

Now here's the kicker... I have e-mail correspondence and tracking information that shows the same e-mail address and the same address that the Paypal account that I was paid with was the same e-mail address the guy contacted me with, and the same address that I shipped to. It's not as if I shipped to an alternate address than the one the Paypal account.

I don't want to go as far as to say this is a scammer, as the dispute has not been resolved and it could very well be a glitch in Paypal's system.... but it sure looks like the guy is trying to get his money back after receiving the snakes.

SO... I am writing this thread to see if any of you recognize this name and if you are willing to share your thoughts and experiences?

Thanks for your time!

Old 02-13-2010, 08:30 PM   #2
bamagurl76
I have never heard of him . Maybe someone on here knows of him.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
LauraB
Please post more info ... the ship-to address, the PayPal address etc. It very well could be linked to individuals known to pull scams involving PayPal accounts and bogus names/addresses.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:11 PM   #4
hhmoore
Did you ship to the name/address on the PayPal acct? Who signed for the package?
Were there emails or PMs involved, or was all communication prior to shipping by phone?

Old 02-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
waspinator421
Yes there was e-mail communication prior to the sale, and yes, the snakes were shipped to the address associated with the Paypal account.

His e-mail address is mitch.perry@ymail.com

Old 02-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #6
charleshanklin
What part of Florida is he in?

Old 02-14-2010, 01:30 AM   #7
waspinator421
Coral Springs

Old 02-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
Andrews Arboreals
anytime that excuse is used, its a scammer, same thing happened to me once. you should be able to keep the money if you can prove that he took delivery of them, ie. a signature from when they were delivered

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!