Donald Schultz - Mfezi (Bad Guy) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:07 AM   #1
SUSAN1625
Angry Donald Schultz - Mfezi (Bad Guy)

I purchased a male tentacled snake from my friend, Ken Foose, at Exotic Pets. I wanted a female and answered an ad in Kingsnake.com. in May from Mfezi. I received the snake and it looked identical to the one I had. I took both of them to Ken to sex. He probed the snakes and popped the hemipenes indicating both snakes were male.

I immediately contacted Donald Schultz and he said he knew Ken and if Ken said it was a male then it was a male. But he's sure he sent me a female. In other words he implied that I was lying. I only have two snakes. He said he would exchange the snake but I would have to pay for the shipping. I told him I didn't think that was fair since he sent me the wrong snake.

His last message on 6/4/08 was "I will work it out and get back to you." I have not heard anything since.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
MikeCurtin
Have you initiated any further contact since the 4th before bringing this here? Were you required to pay to ship the new snake out and the mis-sexed snake back?

Old 06-24-2008, 11:55 AM   #3
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSAN1625
I immediately contacted Donald Schultz and he said he knew Ken and if Ken said it was a male then it was a male. But he's sure he sent me a female. In other words he implied that I was lying. I only have two snakes. He said he would exchange the snake but I would have to pay for the shipping. I told him I didn't think that was fair since he sent me the wrong snake.
Mistakes happen. I'd agree to pay the shipping back to him and he pays the way back to you and work together from there. Don't read too much into what you think he is trying to imply just to get yourself aggravated. Look at as an innocent mistake and work with him to get what you actually paid for. It may not seem fair to you to absorb any additional costs, but this is something that is a fairly common occurrence when making a purchase online.

With respect to him not communicating with you any further, perhaps he thinks you are being unreasonable with regard to the return shipping aspect. Meet him half way in a softly worded email and I'll bet you get things worked out.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:16 PM   #4
spawn
Just an FYI, Don Schultz isn't just some yutz that imports snakes. He KIND OF knows what he's doing, so if it did happen, I'm sure it was a mistake. If you bothered to have it sexed by someone experienced, I don't see the great fall of burning another $50 on shipping.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #5
jfarah
For the record I purchased 3 african house snakes from Mfezi and the everything went great. Don was very professional and the snakes arrived alive and well and on time.

I would do business with him again anyday.

Thanks,

Joe Farah

Old 06-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #6
hgrub
I did purchased group of 7 Sungazers(the giant one, forgot the scientific name) from Don last year. Don didn't charge me for the 7th sungazer because one of the animal miss the toe.

Everything went smooth, I paid him half first and the rest when he got the export CITES for me. He could have just take my money and disappear but he didn't. Very honest guy to me.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:43 PM   #7
hgrub
Something I would like to point out though. Don goes to Africa to visit his family or on business from time to time. While I was dealing with him on sungazers, he called me from South Africa because his friend gave him my number...must have costed him a fortune to call Thailand from South Africa so many times.

Do you have his associate's number? I don't have that guy's number anymore. I wish I could be more help.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:48 AM   #8
John E Dove
Ms.Yanover,
Could you post the email exchanges between you and Mr. Schultz to give us a feel for the context of the exchange?
Have you notified Mr. Schultz of this thread?
Do you think that it is possible that Mr. Schultz is attempting to locate a female for you and might be waiting until he locates one before bothering to contact you again? After all what solace is it to the customer to contact them and say "No luck yet, please stand by"?

Old 06-25-2008, 05:14 PM   #9
mfezi
Susan,

My offer to replace the animal still stands. You stopped communicating and went to the forums. I await the return of the other animal so that I can ship you a new one.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words

don

PS: I do travel a lot, but as anyone who has dealt with me knows, where ever I am, I always answer emails!

Old 06-25-2008, 05:22 PM   #10
DISCERN
What I do not understand is that why would it be fair to Susan to have her have to pay for shipping the snake back to Don, when it was his mistake to begin with? A common mistake which is no big deal in regards to viewing Don, who seems like a nice guy, but still, Susan, the customer, was inconvenienced in this whole thing, and should not have to pay anything else, IMO.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!