Bad Guy Deans Reptiles - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:21 PM   #181
SakaraGT4
that makes sence. because if they were to say "yea it's IBD for sure your animals are most likely screwed" then if every single other animal was put down and tested and none tested positive then I would guess that the vet could possibly be liable for the non infected animals?

Old 12-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #182
reticguy76
maybe the lab my clinic uses is different, they actually list a diagnosis (if one is found). for example, i sent out a cytology on one of my own personal dogs for cancer, and the result came back as interpretation of results: neoplastic lymphatic cells present in high numbers per high powered field (microscope). diagnosis, advanced stage lymphoma. so maybe its just the lab we use, gives a diagnosis on samples they can diagnose without any differential diganosis. ibd is tough to get a 100% diagnosis on, anyway, because, inclusion bodies seen on a biopsy or cytology sample, could mean any cells with any kind of inclusion bodies invaded in them. so, with ibd in question, and so much unknown about it, that is probably why the wrote it up the way they did, incase legal matters arose

Old 12-03-2009, 06:31 PM   #183
crotalusadamanteus
I only use Northwest Zoopath for any pathology needed around here. Dr. Garner is one of the best in the nation, and they do most of the testing for the Zoo facilities across the nation. All my reports give a pretty cut and dry, yes/no answers too. Could just be the difference in the way places are ran as for the wording. But the inclusions are mentioned in multiple organs, which is VERY consistent with IBD. I'm sure most Vets would read that lab report as IBD conclusive.

I didn't catch this report when I last posted. Sorry to hear this terrible news has been more or less confirmed too. It's a devastating thing to go through. I've been fortunate, but I've seen 3 good people go through it and lose it all due to one animal.

I'd start making a semi sterile environment if I was you. Latex gloves, zero cross contamination, lots of hand sanitizer, maybe even an overcoat for each room if you have multiple rooms, spray the overcoat with Lysol frequently and in between animals. No guarantees any of that works, just precautionary. But it is still possible that it hasn't spread to everyone else. Your Pythons will achieve a much faster onset of symptoms then Boa will too once infected. FYI.

Sorry once again for what you are going through.
Rick

Old 12-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #184
DAND
I saw him viewing this thread after the results were posted yesterday and again today. Oddly enough no reply from james.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:54 PM   #185
SakaraGT4
Thanks Rick... yea I'm still hoping that they all turn out ok... and I have been using a LOT of sanitizer and spraying Lysol and cleaning tongs in between feedings, etc... So I'm trying and hoping

Old 12-03-2009, 07:46 PM   #186
burmguy420
The original breeder of the BCL bos was a Micah Denton. I have tried to reach him but I have had no luck. I have never had any neurological issues with any snakes that I have had or I am sure someone at the reptiles shows would have noticed or sadi something to me. DAND is there at every show. i am trying to do my part to make sure that this did not come from a snake in my collection, which there are very few of. I agree that the quarintine of this animal on my part was not 6 months but I have seen many other breeders and wholesellars sell animals faster or as fast as I have. If I had a lot of bad animals I am sure DAND, Dave, would have notice at the show sometime in the past 4 years. I am not trying to defend or lighten this situation I am hopeing that my animals are all well. I am trying to contact the original breeder to see if I can get test from other babies or the parents because as it looks now this IBD came from the original breeder and not either of our collections. I do truely hope that everything goes well for everyone involved. I have also been doing good quarantinemeasures. I bring all new animals home and isolate them from others to see if there are any issues. IBD is a very crazy diease and since there is not much known about it it sucks to figure out what to do. In most cases the animals show signs of IBD like regurgitation, loss of muscle contol like not being able to upright themselves, and rapid weight loss. What is weird is that the BCL did not have any sign until the day it died. Most of the cases I have read about show that the animals have these signs or symptoms for a short period of time. The BCL had seizures that are like what they do when they have tumors and are trying to bite them out of them selves. This is a case that show how IBD is unpredictable and can come on quickly. I have emaile Dr. Jacobson of the University of Flordia to see what his take is on this situation.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:49 PM   #187
SakaraGT4
What happened to the fact that you said that you were not bringing in any other animals??

Old 12-03-2009, 08:09 PM   #188
burmguy420
I do believe that you are referring to the situation with reptilemike. I still have friends that want animals and I used to get good deals from people like him and others. I get better deals for some friends of mine than they get offered from others. I inquired about the burms because I have a good friend that is looking for a green burm for the green burm he already has. In that situation I would have gone and pick up the animal and taken it straight to someone elses house. Regardless of what you all think about me I do still have a deep enjoyment from my animals and the animals I have been around.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:12 PM   #189
SakaraGT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmguy420 View Post
The original breeder of the BCL bos was a Micah Denton. I have tried to reach him but I have had no luck. I have never had any neurological issues with any snakes that I have had or I am sure someone at the reptiles shows would have noticed or sadi something to me. DAND is there at every show. i am trying to do my part to make sure that this did not come from a snake in my collection, which there are very few of. I agree that the quarintine of this animal on my part was not 6 months but I have seen many other breeders and wholesellars sell animals faster or as fast as I have. If I had a lot of bad animals I am sure DAND, Dave, would have notice at the show sometime in the past 4 years. I am not trying to defend or lighten this situation I am hopeing that my animals are all well. I am trying to contact the original breeder to see if I can get test from other babies or the parents because as it looks now this IBD came from the original breeder and not either of our collections. I do truely hope that everything goes well for everyone involved. I have also been doing good quarantinemeasures. I bring all new animals home and isolate them from others to see if there are any issues. IBD is a very crazy diease and since there is not much known about it it sucks to figure out what to do. In most cases the animals show signs of IBD like regurgitation, loss of muscle contol like not being able to upright themselves, and rapid weight loss. What is weird is that the BCL did not have any sign until the day it died. Most of the cases I have read about show that the animals have these signs or symptoms for a short period of time. The BCL had seizures that are like what they do when they have tumors and are trying to bite them out of them selves. This is a case that show how IBD is unpredictable and can come on quickly. I have emaile Dr. Jacobson of the University of Flordia to see what his take is on this situation.

right there is what I'm asking about... not the thing with reptile mike... even though if your friend was looking into an animals THEY should have contacted him and not you... if there is any IBD in your collection and you bring those animals into your home, you could be handing over an animal to your friends that is sick and dies

Old 12-03-2009, 08:14 PM   #190
SakaraGT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by burmguy420 View Post
I do believe that you are referring to the situation with reptilemike. I still have friends that want animals and I used to get good deals from people like him and others. I get better deals for some friends of mine than they get offered from others. I inquired about the burms because I have a good friend that is looking for a green burm for the green burm he already has. In that situation I would have gone and pick up the animal and taken it straight to someone elses house. Regardless of what you all think about me I do still have a deep enjoyment from my animals and the animals I have been around.
How can you get any type of enjoyment from an animal when you turn around and sell them as soon as you get them???

I get enjoyment from my animals... I keep them as pets... not flips....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!