Inquiry Alterna Rush the movie, Small Scale Films, Dan Krull - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #11
Gregg M
Anyone get their copy yet after 4 years? Were any refunds given out?

Old 12-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #12
snakesareawesome
I think they all got scammed.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:00 AM   #13
Dan Krull
Here is an updated phone number for anyone who donated and would like an update. 913 709 5865. To answer Gregg's ( who never donated a dime to the project) inquiry, yes, over 500 dollars of donations have been returned, and I am slowly going down the list in the order they were received. I am grateful for the few people who were kind enough to try to make the project work, and still amazed at how almost none of them are posting negative comments here. Strangely enough, it is only those who never helped, donated, or even bought a t shirt who choose to accuse me of a scam.

Also, eveyone receiving a refund will have the option to have it transferred in their name to either Sanderson snake days or the Texas Rattlesnake festival.

Again, feel free to call and discuss this matter with me if you have questions or want an update. I have nothing to hide from anyone, and despite its failure, I am proud of what Small Scale Films was, and what it tried to accomplish.

Dan Krull
Nasicus@hotmail.com

Old 12-05-2014, 01:09 AM   #14
Dan Krull
Also, I was in the process of reassembling Alterna Rush from the damaged hard drive when my editing computer failed. I managed to finish and post this scene before then.
http://m.youtube.com/?#/watch?v=arXgLmPLzl8

I have recently begun using the maker's space at my local library to edit footage. It is slow going, as I am teaching myself Final Cut X (previously I was using version 7) I am confident that this free service provided by our local library system will be the salvation of the five short films and Alterna Rush. I will never quit. I will see those stories told.
Thanks,
Dan

Old 12-05-2014, 09:07 AM   #15
Gregg M
Dan, there was a ton of people who gave you money and complained about being scammed by you. It was all on the field herp forum but got deleted by "someone" who used to work for herp nation. Think that was you Dan. Why don't you work for Herp Nation anymore?

Anyway, Even if you have given some of the "donations" back, which has yet to be seen, why were you out buying up hognose snakes and sending emails to sellers saying you had all kinds of money to spend when you were supposed to be bankrupt over the last couple of years? Buying thousands in hognose snakes while you owed people money is shady. You are a complete scammer Dan.

Also, what about this little comment by one of your close friends...

Old 12-05-2014, 10:11 AM   #16
Dan Krull
For all who may be reading this, you should know that Gregg Madden has some sort of personal problem with me, and is intentionally trying to discredit me, because myself and the other moderator of a hognose forum on facebook removed him after repeatedly and willfully violating the terms laid down on our site, and rallying his friends to do the same. He has no knowledge of Small Scale Films, or my personal finances. He is simply looking for any way to attack me. I have never bought or sold a snake to Gregg, and I have never met him. He has never donated to Small Scale Films.

Old 12-05-2014, 10:14 AM   #17
Dan Krull
Additionally, if anyone would llike to discuss my hognose breeding project, feel free to call me on the above number any time. I have nothing to hide in that area either.
Thanks,
Dan Krull
Nasicus@hotmail.com
913-709-5865

Old 12-05-2014, 10:37 AM   #18
Dan Krull
By the way, what Courtney said above is true. I have no legal obligation to refund donations, but I am choosing to do so, because I feel ot is the right thing to do. I think courtney didn't describe it very clearly, but what he was trying to say was, I personally spent over 20,000 dollars of my own money on alterna rush and the five short films traveling to Texas several times, Alabama, and New Jersey, purchasing cameras, editing equipment, tapes, hiring filming crews, promoting and fundraising. All because I believed that people would eventually rise up to donate. He was trying to say, that I donated around 30,000 bucks, and raised about 2,500.00 in private donations. Not a very good scam huh!

Also, keep in mind, Courtney's passionate response was made to defend me in one of many posts where gregg was attacking me and my credibility on a forum from which I was banned, so that I cannot respond to his attacks.

I no longer work at Herp Nation, because I wanted to focus on making positive, pro-reptile industry videos to support the future of herpetoculture, and Scott wanted to focus on the magazine, radio, and his career. I have never had the ability to delete a post from field herp forum, and to my knowledge, none have ever been deleted to protect me in any way. I have always been upfront and clear about the situation, and I continue to be today.

I fully admit that my nonprofit was a failure. I am by no means a perfect person. I'm sure many people can be made out to be scammers if someone is willing to spin the facts a certain way.
Want to find out for yourself? Call me. Let's talk.

Dan

Old 12-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #19
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Krull View Post
I have no legal obligation to refund donations, but I am choosing to do so, because I feel ot is the right thing to do.
First,

When a 'low budget' movie is made, there is still considerable expense involved.
For instance, the first Star Wars cost, I believe, 11 million, extremely cheap then and unheard of cheap now. It seems as if Dan put a lot of his own funds into this project, probably because it was, as others have said, a 'labor of love'.
I'm sorry the nonprofit did not work out.
As too many people have found, unfortunately, love, talent, and hard work do not always equal box office success.

Second,

I am not privy to exactly who went bankrupt, but in general reaffirming an obligation after it has been dissolved in bankruptcy can sometimes revive the legal obligation. One should use care referring to any obligations post bankruptcy. Just my 2 cents.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:38 PM   #20
tim brophy
Were these donations or pre-purchases of a video? That is, did people write checks with the anticipation of receiving the video; or did people write checks as a donation to the non-profit? Two very different things.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
alterna, alterna rush