Bad Guy Be wary of Boas and Balls (Rodent Factory) rodents. Parasites! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #51
Vegas Chad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
This is going to blow up in the worse kind of way for Colorado.
:agree: No doubt - looks like i picked the wrong time to move up and open a store!

Old 12-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #52
NocturnalNature
While I can't comment on their animals, I will say that their customer service and the condition of my order left a lot to be desired.
I purchased two bags of Sanichips off of their website. Fast forward a little over a week with no communications regarding my order being shipped, so I gave them a call to see if my order had indeed shipped. The woman who answered the phone seemed a bit "gruff" so I politely asked if I was calling at an inconvenient time. She replied "no, I'm shopping Amazon". I thought this somewhat odd, however I continued to give them the benefit of the doubt. A few moments later once she accessed my order she proclaimed "Jesus". By now I'm thinking maybe I had made a mistake purchasing from them. The phone call ended with her explaining that she had to pick another bag up from their other store when she had time (evidently shopping online was priority over my order) and it would be shipped soon.
A week or so later I received the product and was absolutely appalled at the condition in which it arrived. Both bags were shipped inside of a cardboard box (which is ideal), however that is where any semblance of quality went south. Both bags were stained heavily on the outside wrapper, as well as the inner wrapper. The bedding itself had insects within each bag as well as some odd black foreign material. I sent them an email to tell them of my dissatisfaction and received a response saying they would reimburse me for one bag.
In the end I chose to throw both bags away and never even brought them into the house. This led me to wonder, if their dry products are this bad, what is the quality of their animals? Thankfully I will never find out since their poor customer service and horrible product condition will surely prevent me from purchasing from the again.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:33 PM   #53
MKJurassic
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
I have been speaking to several people from CO confirming all the garbage in the video, including the people in the video as actually being volunteer employees, Lynn and her son, not PETA plants.

This is going to blow up in the worse kind of way for Colorado.
Oh I don't doubt that. I personally recognize the Kubic's from the video and their volunteers. The volunteers are minors and we had a rather lengthy conversation with them at the last show over keeping different Mantis species. They're really nice kids genuinely interested in reptiles. It's an all around bad situation. Some Colorado counties already have laws in place restricting how large of a snake can be kept within the country limits etc. and this isn't going to do anything but fuel the fire.

The whole thing is really disturbing and if the whole cat situation is true, and there are just way too many on the property then why not call one of the free Trap Neuter Release programs run by various shelters out here? They would be more than happy to help! I guess you cant turn a profit on them that way though. Sad.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:44 AM   #54
snowgyre
Unfortunately the TNR programs are ineffective at reducing cat populations and/or addressing the ethical and health concerns of too many cats. TNR simply maintains the status-quo and is actually a huge rabies risk, as cats rarely receive the mandatory second or third rabies boosters (we're seeing a rapid increase of rabies exposure across the country due to rabid TNRed cats biting children, volunteers, and random passerbys... it's a real nightmare, check out the CDC's records). The sad reality is that those cats need to be trapped, vetted, rehomed indoors, or euthanized. I agree, that video was horrible. Chad New, your best bet in this is to get a group of people together and proactively contacting your representatives about the situation. Otherwise, yes, this situation could quickly spin out of control due to a single really bad apple.

Old 12-12-2014, 05:33 PM   #55
philli
Totally disgusting.Absolutley no excuse for keeping any living thing in those conditions.This women should thrown out of the hobby like yesterdays garbage.Just disgusting.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #56
Guy Castro
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Unfortunately the TNR programs are ineffective at reducing cat populations and/or addressing the ethical and health concerns of too many cats. TNR simply maintains the status-quo and is actually a huge rabies risk, as cats rarely receive the mandatory second or third rabies boosters (we're seeing a rapid increase of rabies exposure across the country due to rabid TNRed cats biting children, volunteers, and random passerbys... it's a real nightmare, check out the CDC's records). The sad reality is that those cats need to be trapped, vetted, rehomed indoors, or euthanized. I agree, that video was horrible. Chad New, your best bet in this is to get a group of people together and proactively contacting your representatives about the situation. Otherwise, yes, this situation could quickly spin out of control due to a single really bad apple.
Just need to euthanize the people that let cats roam outside.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:38 PM   #57
bobtard
It sickens me that people like this are allowed to exist.

Old 12-14-2014, 08:04 PM   #58
allreptiles1966
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtard View Post
It sickens me that people like this are allowed to exist.

I couldn't even watch the whole video. How can people be so, un- caring??

These are people who should do jail time. IMO. He's from Co? He probably smokes to much chronic to be productive and takes the easy way. Thing of it is,he has friends who come to his house and see this? And say nothing!

And I bet people will still buy from them.

Lynn :

Old 12-15-2014, 03:02 PM   #59
MKJurassic
The store was apparently re-opened as of yesterday according to Lynn's posting and people who live in the area? Also any negative feedback/alerts to this post were completely deleted from their Facebook business page "Jurassic Pets INC" today. Still no explanation or defense of the video as far as I am aware but I am also not personal friends with Lynn on facebook so there could be posts I am unable to see. I really would like to hear things from her but apparently that is completely wishful thinking as they have chosen to just "delete" the entire incident in every way they possibly can.

Old 12-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #60
indigos-r-us
I have known Ken and Lynn for many years and appreciate their efforts to put on the Rocky Mt. reptile show every 4 months. I will continue to support this and would think that people have seen the bad press from Peta try to get beyond it and give them a second chance to cleanup their act. I don't think people should just pull their support until they are given at least an appropriate amount of time to turn this around. One alligation was the "thumping of rats and mice". How do most herpers dispatch their food animals. CO2 is not always available.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
feeders, parasites