Info Gage Cuff (Buyer Beware) - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-18-2014, 02:58 AM   #11
ElexisC
I can't find anything right now, so I'm pretty sure it was in a group and was said by a breeder or two. That CA super motleys live but Colombians always die an early death.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #12
ShadowAceD
All Super Motleys are lethal eventually. CA, Colombian or CA/Colombian. The CA and CA/Colombians can last longer and some have produced, but the inevitable outcome is atrophy of already depleted muscle groups that cause organ failure in the animal.

Sellers should state these known issues and, really, should not be selling Super Motleys.

Tom Burke had one that was six-years-old some years ago, whether or not it is still alive, I do not know. Tibor Papp has a variety of them in the 3-6 range, maybe a few older, he does not publicly post a great deal, so I do not not know for certain the ages of his either.

Slow growing them seems to prolong their lives. Since CA can breed much smaller than Colombian, that is likely the only reason why they have reproduced.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:23 AM   #13
Celtic Constrictors
As was already stated, this is a bit of a grey area. In my opinion, the pricing reflects the value of an animal with a rare yet damaged genetic line. $300 is not a great deal of money for a Boa morph, particularly a very pretty and unique one.

That being said, these animals do not have a long lifespan. I know of a handful that have reached 4+ years. I don't know how many were produced so I can't attest to how many died before 2 years.

My wife and I own a Great Dane. The average lifespan is somewhere in the ballpark of 8 years. That's super short for a dog. Some live to 13+ but it's uncommon. Dane breeders don't typically talk to buyers about lifespan with this animal either.

*Shrug* I don't think he's in the wrong here necessarily.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!