Question about Dragon Behavior - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-21-2016, 08:54 PM   #1
rirvinbrady
Question about Dragon Behavior

I have a 2 (?) year old bearded dragon, I got him a few months ago because he's a cranky ass. Never bitten, hasn't gone black in over a month.

I take him out nearly once a day. I put him back once he's calmed down.
Tonight he was scratching at his cage which he does when he's bored or sees a reflection. The issue is he's bored but doesn't want to come out! I've started taking him out and having people hand feed him. He loves it. He even sat on my shoulder for 3 minutes before bolting the other day...

Tonight I tried to get him to want to climb in my hand, he just kept gaping his mouth slightly. Sat still, no black beard. I picked him up, I figured he just wanted food and wasn't inteming to bite. Well, in my hand he kept looking at me from the side, mouth perpendicular to me and kept gaping his mouth. No black beard, not frantic in the least which is normal. So since he was calm i just put him back.

Was he threatening to bite me?
Just expecting food?
If the latter, should I stop hand feeding so often?
- would he have bitten for food I didn't have?

I'm just wondering if this is common or something I misunderstood.
I know it wasn't heat, outside of his enclosure the house is like 70°F

Old 12-28-2016, 12:32 AM   #2
Reptiles 101
His behavior sounds like one of my dragons that has bad eye sight its hard for her to tell if my finger is food or not. He could just be a skittish dragon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!