Bad Guy wingsofademon84x@comcast.net, aka Nellie - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:46 PM   #1
ChaosCat
wingsofademon84x@comcast.net, aka Nellie

Last weekend at the NWCBE show in Puyallup, Nellie brought me a male "borneo" python she said she bought from High End Herps a couple months ago. After noticing her posting it up for sale over and over again, when she came to the show to talk to me, I offered to trade her one of my baby Borneos (worth $200) from my VPI Ultra line. At the time I didn't notice anything wrong with the snake other than he was cold to the touch.

She came back awhile later, and tried to trade in the borneo I traded her for another one, and I told her no because the one she wanted to trade for was on hold for another customer.

Brought the snake home from the show, sprayed him down with mite spray as I always do with new arrivals, set him up in a quarantine cage, a sterilite sweater box on a heat pad set to 88F.

It's now a week later, and for the past 4 days, he's gradually begun gurgling. He sounds like someone with pneumonia! I have a vet appointment for him on Tuesday to see what could be causing this. When I spoke with my vet Friday, I was told this doesn't just happen in a week.

So beware of this girl, she has a habit of getting a snake and then getting rid of it not too long after she gets it. Friends of mine have sold her snakes before and she just turns around and resells them when the snake is "mean" or "not what she wanted."

Now I'm out $200 and will probably be paying a hefty vet bill for this "Borneo". I have emailed her twice since the show and gotten no response. I also spoke with David at High End Herps and he doesn't remember selling her this python.

Clara Turnbull-Murphy
Lower Ground Reptiles

Old 10-27-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
ChaosCat
alrighty, she called me just a few minutes ago and is going to bring me back the borneo and pick up the sick snake. Go ahead and delete this.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:18 AM   #3
lanceheads
ah Clara, nah, you can't call this one.
Sawwy,this won't be deleted, you made this accusation, live with it.
Randal

Old 10-27-2008, 12:34 AM   #4
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCat
I also spoke with David at High End Herps and he doesn't remember selling her this python.
Daymon....er, David....doesn't even remember what his own name is, and you expect him to remember selling a particular snake?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:37 AM   #5
simplechamp
I guess this will serve as a reminder that starting a "Bad Guy" thread on the BOI should only be done after every other possible option has been exhausted.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:49 AM   #6
ChaosCat
Considering she didn't respond until 20 min after I posted this, and it's been a week, I guess I did try to contact her, so doesn't that count?

Old 10-27-2008, 12:50 AM   #7
ChaosCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72 View Post
Daymon....er, David....doesn't even remember what his own name is, and you expect him to remember selling a particular snake?
#1. I don't know David personally so I have no qualms with him.
#2. I contacted the "source" of the snake to see if the original seller knew anything about the snake being sick.
#3. She's picking up the snake tomorrow and bringing me back the one I traded to her, so it's done and over with.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:10 AM   #8
LakesideBoas
Clara,

I hope the snake you traded her is healthy when you get it back. I would quarantine it just like you would with any new arrival, even though you "know" the animal, you have no idea what it might have been subjected to since it left your care. If she has a habit of "turning" almost every animal she gets she's probably treated your animal the same as she treats all the other ones.

Again, I hope your snake is well when you get it back.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:12 AM   #9
ChaosCat
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakesideBoas View Post
Clara,

I hope the snake you traded her is healthy when you get it back. I would quarantine it just like you would with any new arrival, even though you "know" the animal, you have no idea what it might have been subjected to since it left your care. If she has a habit of "turning" almost every animal she gets she's probably treated your animal the same as she treats all the other ones.

Again, I hope your snake is well when you get it back.
Thanks for the advice, I'm already planning on quarantining it. I made a mistake trusting a friend's snake once and lost quite a few animals because of it quite a few years ago and won't make that mistake ever again.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:26 AM   #10
simplechamp
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCat View Post
Considering she didn't respond until 20 min after I posted this, and it's been a week, I guess I did try to contact her, so doesn't that count?
I guess what I'm trying to say is this: When you make a Bad Guy BOI thread you better be absolutely sure you understand the gravity of what you are doing. These BOI threads can make or break a business, we've all seen that, and thankfully most of the businesses that have been broken have deserved it. But there's no doubt been cases where people's livelihood and businesses have suffered from false accusations and defamation. It's like someone getting accused of murder in the news. Even if they are proven to be innocent, in the public eye they always have that stigma surrounding them of being a murderer. Even if you work your issues out with the person in question, this Bad Guy BOI will follow them around. As someone already said, you can't just ask for the thread to be deleted once you get your issues sorted out. These things are for keeps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!