Inquiry boamaster - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-04-2015, 05:31 PM   #1
thunderlordursus
boamaster

my name is david reed and I have a question about boa master.I recently placed an order for one of his racks the order total was $550 with cod delivery. communicating with boamaster has been dificult at best but he usualy responds withing a few days.
Here is my issue. After he said he shipped my rack he said I'd should be here within a day or two. After a few days I inquired as to the status of my order he said it should be here by now. So I requested a tracking number and he would not gibe me one but said he would check on it. A little while later he sent me an email saying it was delivered. This was on april
Second I have not heard back from him I am trying to get a tracking number so I can contact the delivery company. So I called ups frieght and gave them my info ( zipcode and name ect) they say there have been no shipments with this Info. So from the Information he provided me the package was shipped on the 25th and it was delivered on the 1st but I have not recived a thing. The estimated.cod was $150. My question is what should my next course of action be?
The forum thing won't let me post pics so I just coppied email text

Can you give me a tracking number I have to get ahold of ups still no package

On Apr 3, 2015 7:22 PM, "David Reed" <thunderlordursus@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello trying to figuer out what's going on with the shipment thanks

On Apr 3, 2015 11:26 AM, "David Reed" <thunderlordursus@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello there Any word yet on that package

On Apr 2, 2015 3:21 PM, "David Reed" <thunderlordursus@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks I thought it should be too

On Apr 2, 2015 2:17 PM, "Mark & Michelle Venhorst" <venhorstrocks@aol.com> wrote:
ill check
it should a well been there by now

Thank you,

Mark & Michelle Venhorst
(540)-529-0976

-----Original Message-----
To: Mark & Michelle Venhorst <venhorstrocks@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Apr 2, 2015 1:38 pm
Subject: Re: Order

Hello good afternoon,
David reed here, just wanted to know if you happen to have a tracking number for the package.
Thank you
On Mar 31, 2015 11:43 AM, "David Reed" < thunderlordursus@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello good afternoon,
David reed here, just wanted to know if you happen to have a tracking number for the package.
Thank you
On Mar 28, 2015 2:32 PM, "venhorstrocks" < venhorstrocks@aol.com> wrote:
Yes
They will call you

Sent from my U.S. Cellular® Smartphone

-------- Original message --------
Date: 03/28/2015 1:09 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: Mark & Michelle Venhorst < venhorstrocks@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Order

Still no pkg did you send it ?
On Mar 27, 2015 5:51 PM, "David Reed" <

Old 04-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
Tsquier
That's no fun to go through! I wish I could help you out, but I'm not sure I'd keep getting on him about the tracking number. He should have given it to you a long time ago anyway. Does seem odd that he didn't pass it along. I hope you get it straitened out, and afterwards....STAY AWAY! I ordered from them a year or two ago, it was very frustrating. I waited a few months before finally getting my enclosure, and trying to get in touch for answers was near impossible. Many people have had the same frustrating experience with Boamaster. Next time, check out Animal Plastics. Better customer service, and better products. I am hoping to replace my last boamaster enclosure with an AP one soon. Best of luck to you!

Old 04-04-2015, 06:14 PM   #3
thunderlordursus
Thank like I said he has gotten back to me every time sometimes not too fast. But I hav heard mixxed reviews. I'd really just like my rack that I ordered.

Old 04-05-2015, 01:38 AM   #4
LauraB
When did you actually order and send payment? I'm not disputing your claim; just would like clarification. Do you have a phone number for the vendor(s)?

Old 04-05-2015, 01:42 AM   #5
thunderlordursus
The payment was sent on the 8th of march and the.vendors phone number is listed in the emails pasted above...

Old 04-05-2015, 01:44 AM   #6
thunderlordursus
I should add thay I haven't been able to get gim on the phone at all and the vendor is www.boamaster.com

Old 04-05-2015, 01:56 AM   #7
LauraB
Sorry, I did miss the phone number ( 540-529-0976 ) in your initial post. I did go to their site and did see their TOS relative to live animals, but nothing relative to their cages and a TOS.

You sent payment on 3-8 and he/she says it should have been there and (conveniently) no tracking number is forthcoming ... yeah, it definitely reeks of rotten fish.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:00 AM   #8
thunderlordursus
They have been around for a long time and have had decent reviews but also some bad ones about customer service. I'm not sure what to do if I don't have a response from him soon I may have to take further action..

Old 04-05-2015, 02:26 AM   #9
LauraB
His profile shows he was last here on 3-27. That means he was here just a day before he sent that vague email on 3-28 stating "they will call you" (whatever the hell that means). Seems to me he should have been communicating with you and working to get that tracking number to you before checking in here.

They have been around a long time, yes. However, that means nothing as history here at Fauna has seen plenty of good guys gone the other direction.
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2015, 02:30 AM   #10
thunderlordursus
Got yah that's probably the most worrisome thing is not providing me a number than saying my package was delivered. Clearly It is not. His place is not too far away for me to drive if I have to to get this resolved its my understanding he goes to a lot of shows.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!