Chinese Cave Geckos: Know anything about them?? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-02-2006, 12:46 AM   #1
jenjenta
Question Chinese Cave Geckos: Know anything about them??

Hi all,

This is my first post, so forgive me if it isn't in the right spot...

I've kept leos for a while now and wanted to add something new to my collection. The chinese cave geckos that I came across on lllreptiles.com looked unique enough and seem to have similar care requirements as my current babies, but I couldn't find much more info on them. Does anybody here keep them, or know much about them?

Thanks!!
Jennifer

BTW, I just got in 5 terrific SHTCT's from Garrick. I wish I knew how to load pics here, they are really nice!

Old 02-02-2006, 02:19 AM   #2
jenjenta
Errr,

Just in case anybody thought otherwise, I'll be keeping my leos separate from any other species I happen to get.

There's a thread somewhere around here regarding multi-species terrariums that made my skin crawl (I'm pretty sure it was a hoax).

Old 02-02-2006, 04:21 AM   #3
KelliH
Congrats on the new leos, and welcome to Fauna. :-)

Chinese leopard geckos are very interesting and rewarding geckos to keep and breed. They are a bit more delicate than leos and require a higher humidity as well as regular misting. Here is a thread from a while back in which we discussed them.

Chinese Leopard Gecko Thread

I suggest trying to find some captive bred animals to start with. Imported Goniurosaurus will almost always have a parasite load and will also need rehydrating. CB's are much easier to start with. Good luck, and post pics of those new leos when you are able to! :-)

Old 02-02-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
jenjenta
Thank you!

I didn't even see that forum before

Old 02-04-2006, 03:57 PM   #5
jenjenta
LLLReptiles doesn't seem to have a very good rep; do you think I should take the chance and buy a pair of Chinese Leopard Geckos from them?

I've looked all over the net and can't find any others for sale.

If anybody knows a reputable breeder that deals with these, I'd love to hear about it!

Old 05-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
lizardlover5493
Chinese cave geckos are very docile and do require a higher humidity they are fun to keep but i don't know about breeding them i only have a female

Old 06-03-2006, 07:09 PM   #7
ColeonyxCorral
I have some for sale!

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pp_c...&cat=27&page=1

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!