Albino marker? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-22-2007, 11:02 PM   #11
Biscuit71
Here are a few photos of my Het albinos.. they are still young yet, so you can still see a little difference between the scales at the top of the eye and the eye itself... From what I have read in Jeffs post, the difference fades over time, and it isn't a reliable indicator past a certain age.. but here goes..

the pics arent the greatest, but trying tot ake a pic of a curious young'un is like herding cats...

Old 02-23-2007, 06:53 AM   #12
crotalusadamanteus
Nice Boas Sean. I can see what Jeff explained as a marker. Not having the rest compare by though, makes it tougher to do accurately, according to the article.

My DH had that as well when I got him, but that was before the article was written. I'll see if I can find some of the older pics. Nowadays, it's impossible to tell, cuz his eyes took on some reddish tinge, and it don't show the whiteness anymore.

Rick

Old 02-23-2007, 10:10 AM   #13
KrisGarner
I have tried to get pics of my possible het for comparison, but like you said "herding cats". I read the thread by Jeff and he does post some interesting points, there was also a post or two about known hets (adults I believe) developing white scales or white rimmed scales.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:16 AM   #14
Biscuit71
Do you remember where you saw the posts about the white scales in adults? This is a pic of a "het" albino that someone is selling... I have never heard of it, so I was wondering how much truth there is to it... The snake is from Brett Thacker , so all credit goes to him for this photo.... This is the marker that he was talking about... Would love to find out more

Old 02-23-2007, 11:36 AM   #15
KrisGarner
yeah, it was on the thread about the eye "marker" let me see if I can dig up the link

Old 02-23-2007, 11:41 AM   #16
KrisGarner
PM sent post #15

Old 02-23-2007, 12:58 PM   #18
heathn
I have a het albino that has some of the white scales. She is an 04. I hope it is true about being a marker as she isn't proven as yet. Hopefully I'll find out soon as she is in with an albino male at this time.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:13 PM   #19
heathn
If she isn't het for albino, I'll have plenty of 100% hets to compare to, lol.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!