Help!! I have many questions about my breeding cockatiels - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 08-02-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
futurevet16
Help!! I have many questions about my breeding cockatiels

Ok, i have a female and male cockatiel bird. The male is about 3 1/2 years old, and female is 1 year old.
-why does my female cockatiel go on top of the male cockatiel and mates? isnt it supposed to be the other way around..?
-She lays many eggs, but they never hatch, even though i see the male in the nest box a bunch. When i know the egg is dead, i remove it, crack it open to see if it was fertile, and most of them have had an embryo, and the last one i took out had feathers. (I take the eggs out when they start to smell and i know their dead)
-i feed the cockatiels the seed mix from the pet store, and tried soo much to get them to eat fruits and veg. but they refuse, i want them to be healthy so i have been giving them vitamin drops in their food and water. what else can i do for their heath?
*please help me with my questions, i really care about my cockatiels, please help..thanks!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!