Internet sales tax? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum

Notices

Preparedness & Self-Reliance Forum Survivalism, Livestock, Preparedness, Self Reliant Homesteading, Individual Liberty

Old 08-01-2014, 07:55 AM   #11
Pmsayi
Rich,
Currently most states require if the seller from one state has a warehouse or sales representative (or the obvious physical location) in the state they are selling to they are required to collect and pay sales tax regardless of their home state. The internet sales tax act has not been passed as of yet.

Old 08-01-2014, 10:44 AM   #12
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmsayi View Post
Rich,
Currently most states require if the seller from one state has a warehouse or sales representative (or the obvious physical location) in the state they are selling to they are required to collect and pay sales tax regardless of their home state. The internet sales tax act has not been passed as of yet.
And I hope it never is passed. If it should be, then they need to make a companion law that requires local retailers to carry IN STOCK everything that they offer to sell. I don't know how many times I have been looking for something locally to have the sales staff tell me "we don't have it in stock, but we can order it for you." I tell them, "If I had wanted to order it, I could have done that myself instead of driving here, which is what I guess I will have to do now."

Seriously, the government is heavily promoting fuel efficient vehicles, ramming ethanol down our throats claiming it helps to make us less dependent on foreign oil, and wring their hands about the emissions all the automobiles produce bringing about the end of the world with "global warming". Then turn around and are beating the drum about how people buying on the internet instead of driving all over town looking for those items is a bad thing. Seriously? How many packages can a typical UPS truck carry in one load? How much fuel does that truck use compared to if every one of those packages had required the buyers to jump into their own vehicle to drive around to find a place selling it locally?

Sheesh........

Old 08-01-2014, 10:54 AM   #13
Lucille
I think Amazon would like to just drop the packages into our back yards:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24598...ly-drones.html

Old 08-01-2014, 02:34 PM   #14
Neilengland
Bottom line.. People are mKing money... State wants it's cut.. It is how it is

Old 08-01-2014, 04:10 PM   #15
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
I think Amazon would like to just drop the packages into our back yards:
http://www.pcworld.com/article/24598...ly-drones.html
Yeah, I read of that a while back. Which led me to the conclusion that Jeff Bezos has a few screws loose. I'm sure I don't know all of the logistics involved in doing something like that, but I can't see any way it would work without HUGE strides in artificial intelligence. Those are unmanned drones, obviously, but certainly they can't have onboard intelligence enough to be able to land packages where they would need to go. GPS just is not accurate enough for a job like that, so how do they plan on doing it?So will they require a dedicated human operator for each and every one for each delivery? What sort of training and skills would be needed for that job? What happens when there are *incidents* which will happen sure as the sun comes up every day. Would insurance companies even want to insure Amazon against the potential liabilities? The air filled with whirling bladed devices travelling 50 mph in all directions? Heck, what happens if I happened to be out cutting the yard when a delivery is made? What are dogs going to think about something like this dropping out of the sky into THEIR yard?

Speaking of which, are they going to go onto people's porches, or just dropped in the yard? What about when it is raining? Just drop the package, no matter what the contents, into the yard where it will get soaked? My yard is heavily wooded, not really a drone friendly environment. Those things going to do some tree trimming on the way in? Heck, I'm not going to be an Amazon drone friendly environment myself. I might just consider those pesky things as being target practice if I get another stealth Amazon reseller on Ebay.

And yeah, Bezos is claiming his nonsense will create jobs, but I would think that for every job it might create, two or more jobs would be taken away from UPS, FedEx, and USPS.

Well, I don't see the FAA approving this hair brained scheme anyway. How could they? I'm sure they can see the nightmare this idiotic idea would create. Take your Amazon company to China, Bezos.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:11 PM   #16
sschind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilengland View Post
They will tell you its because they want to give local businesses equal footing but yeah, its all about more money for the states.

Old 08-01-2014, 04:13 PM   #17
Neilengland
Exactly... Politics is like every other business... CEOs make ALL the money workers make jack....

Old 08-01-2014, 04:21 PM   #18
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neilengland View Post
The state isn't automatically OWED a darn thing, though. A fact that never seems to enter their minds, however.

Besides, what will be the ultimate outcome of all this anyway? Does anyone seriously think that China cannot sell and ship directly to consumers? Heck, I have already purchased stuff on Ebay that comes directly from out of the country, and the shipping is as cheap or cheaper than what I would pay from within the USA. This sort of stuff will only make this scenario more and more likely. Heck, most USA sellers (or more accurately REsellers) are really only middlemen anyway for Chinese made products, so it's likely just a matter of time before this happens anyway. Then all those online businesses will also go out of business, just like manufacturing and others already have in this country. The ONLY businesses likely to survive will be service jobs were a warm body on site or face to face is needed. There will be no need for anything else in this country.

But I guess I've never really seen an idea too dumb for government to implement. Heck, what do you expect from a group of people who already have this country 17+ trillion dollars in debt and can't figure out what NEEDS to be done to fix it?

Old 08-01-2014, 04:24 PM   #19
Neilengland
I've bought things from china as well... Saved a ton but the states will get their money (even if they aren't supposed to) the term income when first proposed for taxes meant the money you make OVER what you trade for labor or product.... THAT was what we were supposed to pay taxes on...not our paycheck for our labors... So given this president I don't think it'll be long before state tax is on every web order

Old 08-01-2014, 04:28 PM   #20
WebSlave
Yeah, reading the restrictions that were placed on taxes of all varieties that made them palatable enough to be passed into law will make your blood boil when you see how that is now completely ignored.

Anyone doubt the REAL reason that the "Tea Party" scares the hell out of our government officials and they are trying real hard to paint them with the ugly brush through the media?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!