Bad Guy Beware Of When dealing with Pete Martinez aka Predetors - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:18 PM   #1
Crypt keeper
Beware Of When dealing with Pete Martinez aka Predetors

A few weeks back Pete posted a thread about Selling female Anthrax Retics. I Pm'd Pete asking him if he would like to do a trade for a purple super tiger I own. Pete said yes. We exchanged a couple e-mails. I then inquired about Pete. I got some feedback that was okay and not okay. I then sent Pete a message stating that if we do the trade he must ship first. I gave him all contact information and told him I had a positive BOI. He declined. Over and done with I thought. Few days later Pete sends me another e-mail stating he would ship first. Asking for my address.

This was on the weekend. He tells me the snake will be shipped on monday for Tuesday. The snake doesnt show. He send me a text message stating that he had some family issues and the snake would ship Tuesday for Weds. No snake. I get nothing from Pete for a few days after I tried asking him what the deal was. He then gives me a phone number to a Jeff Wilson telling me that he has his snake and that i need to give him a call. I call Jeff and Jeff just flat out blew me off. Didnt return any phone calls. Then answered teh next day and told me he would call back. He didnt. I have since not heard anything from Pete. I told him it was BS what he had done and told him I would be making this thread. So he know sits made. I will send him the link.

E-mails.

petespredetors@comcast.net to me
show details Aug 13

here are the pics of the anthrax we are offering in trade for your purple super let me know what you think thanks Pete

Paul Lucas to petespredetors
show details Aug 13

They are gorgeous. how would we go about doing this?

show details Aug 13

here is my address 428 61st sw albuquerque nm 87121 ship your snake to me when i get it i will ship to you

show details Aug 13

I have never dealt with trading before. No scams No gimmicks. No Bs. You're being straight up with me on this deal?

show details Aug 13

dont worry you wont get scamed you will get the snake

show details Aug 15

what happened did you change your mind

show details Aug 16

I'm not trying to start a battle. I just heard things that were unsettling. I have a positive boi and many references. Ship her first is the only way I'm gonna do it.
On Aug 15, 2010 9:50 AM, "petespredetors@comcast.net" <petespredetors@comcast.net> wrote:
what happened did you change your mind

show details Aug 16

thtas fine i have a good rep aswell just a couple of people wanted to bitch and have things their way no proble i will sell else well your loss not mine

----- Original Message -----
To: petespredetors@comcast.net

show details Aug 16

I'm not saying you are a bad guy. Not at all. I would just feel better if you shipped first.

show details Aug 18 (13 days ago)

ok i thought about it i guess i will ship first send me your adress

----------

Sent from AT&T Wireless using Mobile Email

Paul Lucas at XXXXXXXXXX damascus Maryland 20872 the super tiger just ate I will send you pictures tonight to confirm that he won't be ready to ship until Monday. When are you planning on shipping the anthrax

So is it a go?

show details Aug 19 (13 days ago)

yes i can ship monday that would be best for me

show details Aug 19 (13 days ago)

I have to take off work on Tuesday to recieve the girl. Just making sure its still a go. I have to let my boss know. So as long as its still a go I will do that. I just want to confirm nothing has changed. The Purple looks to be ready by Tuesday as well. He still has a lump on him but Id like to see the lump 100% gone before shipping just so he doesnt throw up. Worse case Scenario I ship him Weds for Thursday or whatever day works best for you. Let me know I will do whatever day you would like. Okay. I will get her settled in then ship the purple on Tuesday if that works best.

Paul.

show details Aug 22 (10 days ago)

yes still a go

show details Aug 23 (9 days ago)

Here is the purple as of about 20 Minutes ago. He is has just about fully digested the rat. Im waiting on him to poop now. Should be by the next two days. If Tuesday for Wedensday works best to ship him let me know. Later on in the week you tell me.

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/snake100.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r...e/snake099.jpg

Paul.

show details Aug 23 (8 days ago)

Pete
I took the day off work to receive this snake because you said we had a deal. I sent you e-mails confirming with you we still had a deal telling you that I needed to get off or go in in late. I would appreciate a straight answer on if the Anthrax is coming so that I can go into work anyway. Getting thaw days off is not easy.
Paul

show details Aug 26 (5 days ago)

Any new updates? Your partner has yet to call me

show details 11:34 AM (9 hours ago)

Pete. This whole ordeal is pretty messed up man. I'm going to write up a BOI thread. You made me miss work. Take off early. Go in late. Sent me the run around. Call this other guy who basically blew me off. Continued to email me then just disappeared.

Im not sure how to post the entire message. Its from my Gmail account. I just clicked each e-mail in a row and copied pasted what was written.

Old 08-31-2010, 09:21 PM   #2
Crypt keeper
My reason for the thread is Pete giving me the run around. lying to me. making me miss work that isnt easy to come by. Lying more and me being an idiot and taking off more work. IMO that is abad guy. You just dont do that to people.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:06 PM   #3
Iraqvet
I wont comment on all this..Other then the fact there is a reason why especially those anthrax tics, have been on here for so long..Alot of his stuff mas mulitple page bumps with no one really interested.....

Old 08-31-2010, 11:15 PM   #4
tomb9712
Well at least you didn't ship him anything or send him any money. From personal experience I know he is not to be trusted and comes up with every excuse in the book why he can't ship something.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:30 PM   #5
East_Coast
You start a bad guy thread on some guy because you two can't connect on a trade? Good grief.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 AM   #6
Angel Rojas
I too don't think that this should be a bad guy thread. It should be more like a warning or info thread. You didn't ship him anything nor did you send him any money, so he didn't scam you. This was just a trade that didn't happen.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:02 AM   #7
Darkice
I think it’s worth a bad guy thread. The guy agreed to a trade that’s a verbal contract. He didn't follow through with it and just plain blew him off. Very bad business practice. I wouldn't buy or sell to someone who can't remain true to his word.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:19 AM   #8
chongorojo
Why should this be any thing other than a bad guy thread? The BOI is here to comment on good and bad business practices isn't it? IMO what Pete did is worth of a bad guy title if he's jerking someone around like that..??? Time IS money right?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:08 AM   #9
jeffwyatt81
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongorojo View Post
Why should this be any thing other than a bad guy thread? The BOI is here to comment on good and bad business practices isn't it? IMO what Pete did is worth of a bad guy title if he's jerking someone around like that..??? Time IS money right?
100%, agreeing to a trade and determining a shipping day then having the guy take a day or two off and/or go in late especially in this economy is total BS and could cost someone their job. Definitely worthy of a bad guy thread IMO!

Old 09-01-2010, 08:13 AM   #10
DAND
Paul,

Just consider yourself lucky that all you ended up with was him breaking his word. What I didn't understand was where you said, "I got some feedback that was okay and not okay." Where was the okay and secondly, why would you even think about going into a transaction with someone who is "not okay"?

Isn't this the whole point of the BOI? Yeah, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it read or comprehend.

The "not okay" I have seen in previous threads have been keeping animals in sub-par conditions, not following through with previous deals just to name a few. Why would you even think of going into a transaction with this kind of person? Why would you support this kind of person whatsoever? Is it because he had it cheaper then anyone else? Really, why would you even think of dealing with someone who is not all "okay"?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!