Bad Guy Beware Of When dealing with Pete Martinez aka Predetors - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #11
Crypt keeper
Dand.-

Never heard or seen the animals in sub par conditions. I have a bunch of a retics including a male purple Tiger who is ready to breed thats is the only reason I was trading the super tiger. People buy and sell and trade all day long. I was just given a heads to that he ship first to me that way I knew I was getting screwed. I had nothing to lose at that point. I did browse the BOI. The guy who started a bad BOI thread about him has been banned and Pete has not. To me that stuck out. I learned from this experience.

Paul

Old 09-01-2010, 08:55 AM   #12
Crypt keeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Coast View Post
You start a bad guy thread on some guy because you two can't connect on a trade? Good grief.
The trade isnt the issue. You would clearly know this had you even bothered to read my thread. Lying to me. Making me miss work. Giving me the run around. Telling me he will ship and then not ship. Then pawning me off on somebody else. That is BS in my book. You dont do that to people.

No different than you calling up to get a deck built. Guy tells you yeah be there Wedensday. He never shows up. Then calls back says he had a family emergency which it what pete told me. Then boom fails to show up again. You now have taken off two days of work that are hard earned. Then never given a phone call to explain anything. Same exact situation here. Yeah it deserves one.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #13
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypt keeper View Post
Dand.-

Never heard or seen the animals in sub par conditions. I have a bunch of a retics including a male purple Tiger who is ready to breed thats is the only reason I was trading the super tiger. People buy and sell and trade all day long. I was just given a heads to that he ship first to me that way I knew I was getting screwed. I had nothing to lose at that point. I did browse the BOI. The guy who started a bad BOI thread about him has been banned and Pete has not. To me that stuck out. I learned from this experience.

Paul
Paul,

While the person who started the thread was banned it certainly does not mean pete was not (if you read the thread you would have seen by his own admission that he was going to make things right on a number of instances but never followed through. also, if you had read the thread you would have seen the discussion about the pics posted [which unfortunately were removed when we had reached the limit of attachments a while back] of the conditions in which pete kept his animals.) in the wrong. Seems you didn't read the other thread too well.

Again, be glad, it sounds like you dodged a bullet. It sounds like a good lesson learned very cheaply.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
East_Coast
Paul, my point is that this seems a little trivial.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #15
East_Coast
Paul, I guess what I mean is that yes - this would make me extremely angry but does it rise to the level of posting a "bad guy" thread?

Maybe I should post a bad guy thread about the sidewalk because my feet hurt?

Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 AM   #16
Iraqvet
I would have been mad...But I would have never given Pete the time of day myself...

Old 09-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #17
Aaron Mattson
Quote:
Maybe I should post a bad guy thread about the sidewalk because my feet hurt?
Not agreeing or disagreeing with anything in this thread but that made me laugh.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:10 PM   #18
Angel Rojas
I would also think that this thread should be about jeff wilson as he is the one who blew you off, not pete. By your own admission pete agreed to ship out first but had a family emergancy that prevented him from doing so. He then gave you the number to jeff wilson who had the animals, and he was the one who didn't return your calls and blew you off. This thread should be about jeff wilson, not pete.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:26 PM   #19
hhmoore
Why? Pete was the one advertising them.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:29 PM   #20
hhmoore
Not sure how I managed to submit that....
We don't know that Jeff is even involved in this, other than Pete giving his number out. Given his history, I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a deflection because he didn't want to ship first.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!