Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 32 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:22 PM   #311
laterob
Quote:
Coercion ( /koʊˈɜrʃən/) is the practice of forcing another party to behave in an involuntary manner (whether through action or inaction) by use of threats or intimidation or some other form of pressure or force. In law, coercion is codified as the duress crime. Such actions are used as leverage, to force the victim to act in the desired way. Coercion may involve the actual infliction of physical pain/injury or psychological harm in order to enhance the credibility of a threat. The threat of further harm may lead to the cooperation or obedience of the person being coerced. Torture is one of the most extreme examples of coercion i.e. severe pain is inflicted until the victim provides the desired information.
In this case, you are the schoolyard bully who says, "I'll give you your lunch money back if you kiss my feet." It's sad, really.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:45 PM   #312
DesertRat73
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
it does not justify holding onto the money or holding onto a replacement animal
I agree, and am really a little baffled by it. I never knew anything of Andrew until this thread, but he says he's been in this business for 25 years. Just going by the numbers, he has had problem customers before, he's made mistakes before, and he has had to make amends before. So, being an experienced businessman, why not handle this one professionally? How is the emotion and angst of this situation enough to overcome good judgement and all that experience, to bring him to this point now? Particularly in light of his comments in the other thread that you posted. To me, with $4500 and that much time in business on the line, it would seem to be a no brainer. Unless he is exiting the business, in which case the reputation would be moot. But that's just me speculating. It's resoundingly clear to me, both from a business perspective and a legal one, your first step is the refund/replacement, all other actions follow. And that's the kicker for me. He had other solid actions to follow up with. I'm not so sure now.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #313
Suncoast Herpetological
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Your right, Kevin will have to do the right thing. Andrew
Not exactly the way to avail yourself of a clean way out Andrew. For about ten minutes there you were looking pretty good.

You have acknowledged what the right course of action is. No one really doubts that the OP was, at least, to some extent the instigator of those idiotic blackmail email demands. It has been proven that you made this exact offer from the onset of this fiasco.

You have a golden opportunity here to end this with your reputation more or less intact. Why screw it up by acting like a petty 5 year old?

Horse, water, drink...you know the old saying

Old 04-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #314
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
I believe COERCION is also illegal.
Very true.

Such a tactic is no better than Sean's blackmail attempts.

It is also unethical and ludicrous.
#1 If guilty, Kevin would be an absolute fool to hand over the axe that would chop off his head.
#2 If innocent, it is sickening to try to force someone to confess to something, that they did not do, in order to get something that they are already, and rightfully, entitled to.

Old 04-17-2012, 09:54 PM   #315
laterob
It seems everyone but Mr. Potts is in agreement. Tough to take the high road, huh, Robert?

Old 04-17-2012, 09:56 PM   #316
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by laterob View Post
It seems everyone but Mr. Potts is in agreement. Tough to take the high road, huh, Robert?
^ That.

It's easy to preach.

Not so easy to practice it.

Generally, that is when you see the true colors that represent a person.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:23 PM   #317
Robert Potts
If I may, If it was worth $.50 I wouldn't give him his money back. Andrew

Old 04-17-2012, 10:29 PM   #318
crotalusadamanteus
Yep, 10 minutes in the right direction. Ever heard of the expression one step forward, and two steps back Mr. Potts? It's a euphemism describing no forward progress.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 PM   #319
ShadowAceD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
If I may, If it was worth $.50 I wouldn't give him his money back. Andrew
Still petty.

Still immoral.

Still wrong.

Not the high road.

Old 04-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #320
bullies&balls
Don't forget ILLEGAL !!! It was also said somewhere in all this, that the animal was "pick of the litter". I think that many people (breeders) offer an animal of HIGHER value if they can NOT replace the orignal animal. Looks like Potts is drawing for straws with his "blackmail" theroy. You sire need a reality CHECK and in a BIG WAY !! If an apology is owed, it is owed by YOU...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!