it happened again :( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Fish and Aquatics > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Fish and Aquatics.

Old 01-10-2006, 04:23 PM   #1
techgirl
it happened again :(

ok so i get struck with a vicious 48 hour stomach bug and leave my boyfriend in charge of taking care of the gang. the result, i now have 5 babies left from the 30 i had. ugh. i don't know if i can do this again. for the love....

Old 01-10-2006, 09:33 PM   #2
Karen Hulvey
What the heck did he do? Overfeed?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:28 PM   #3
SPJ
Sorry to hear about the losses. What in the world did he do? Pour Windex in the tank? There isn't much you need to do in 48 hours. They would have been fine for that short amount of time.
Where these new fry by any chance? If so, he may have done nothing wrong at all. Sometimes fry don't make it.

If it's any consolation, I went away for a week and left my brother in law in charge of feeding my fish. He left the top up after feeding one day on one tank and my Asian arrowana (since I no longer have one I can mention it without worries ) jumped out and dried up on the carpet. Talk about a major financial loss of an irreplaceable fish.

Nowadays, I NEVER allow anyone to take care of my animals even for short periods of time (kinda explains why it's been 8 years since my last vacation ).

Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
techgirl
from what i found from the looks of the tank is that he left the light on and never checked the temp. looks like it might have gotten a little warmer than normal in the tank because it's been unusually warm here lately and didn't make the adjustments and got some algae bloom and overfed them. he also never shut off the light. i am now down to 4 today. they were hatched on the 17th of november so they were getting to the 2 month mark. man and then he wonders why i don't trust him alone with the baby? lol |L

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!