Tell me about yourselves - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-22-2004, 03:53 PM   #11
Blazin
Cool Steph

Welcome aboard. Hope you get those beardie back to good health. Keep us posted.

Old 07-06-2004, 03:24 AM   #12
gr8fr0g
My 2 biggest projects are educating reptile and amphibian owners/prospective owners and rescuing and caring for unwanted reptiles and amphibians. I rescue most of my animals from our local Petco and the vet hospital I worked for. The herps I rescue from Petco are usually shoved in the back room being ignored and are in need of some serious vet attention. The herps I rescue from the vet hospital are usually neglected and knocking on deaths door. I rescued this one beardie who was dehydrated, starved, had horrible bone density (lack of calcium), had seizures (lack of calcium and dehydration) and hated humans. After 4 months of love and intense calcium therapy he has learned to trust humans and is growing stronger every day. He is still having seizures but not nearly as often or severe as they used to be.

As of today my family consists of:

2 male water dragons (1 baby, 1 teenager)
3 beardies all teenagers (1 female, 2 males)
3 leopard frogs
4 big eye tree frogs
2 whites tree frogs
10 green tree frogs
10 grey tree frogs

Old 07-08-2004, 05:28 PM   #13
JeffD
About me

I currently have 7 adults, that would be 5 females and 2 males. Believe it or not, they all get along. I also have about 50 babies and another 22 in incubation. I started with one male, then family bought me two females for my birthday. Trust me. Before I bought one, I researched my brains out on everything from habitat to feeding to breeding. I made my own incubation chamber and have been successful over and over again. I currently suppy 4 pet store with in my area. I will not ship at all. I only deliver for the dragons sake. I too rescue dragons that have fallen in bad care or neglect. I recoup them and then give them to someone that can care for them or sell them to a pet store. If I find that a pet store does not have the proper equiptment, and they are out there, I will take my dragons else where. I have three daughters that love them to death, they hold them and do not even flinch when picking them up. Olderst daughter is 14 and the youngest is 3. The three year old really likes them. What freaked me out is that my wife has grown attached and when I am on the road working, she fills in for me. She has even handled a female laying her eggs, she took care of the eggs after and put them in the incubator. Shocked me. Me personally, I am a Mechanical engineer that travels around the world fixing cnc lasers and other cnc machines that originate from Finland. So I am busy, I always take care of my dragons. I am trying to post a picture of my adults habitat but am having issues with size of file. I am working on it though. If I can help, I will.
Jeff

Old 07-14-2004, 12:16 AM   #14
Blazin
Thanks GreatFrog and Jeff!

Lets see some pics guys. Oh and JEff what the heck is a cnc laser?

Old 07-14-2004, 01:02 AM   #15
JeffD
About me

Blazin,
CNC laser is a machine that has a laser beam on it that cuts metal of all gauges (thickness). CNC makes it computer controlled with parameters or X and Y qaurdinates. That is the easiest way to explain it. You have any idea that could help me get by the size of pictures I want to post. Just regular digital pictures of my habitates. To big to post.

Old 07-14-2004, 01:04 AM   #16
JeffD
about me

Excuse my spelling also. Not checking what I write until after posting. Looks bad, you get the idea though.
Jeff

Old 07-20-2004, 12:08 AM   #17
Blazin
Jeff use the software that came with your camera. Should have something that allows you to resize. I upload my pics to SmugMug and then link them here. Works well and I am pleased with their service. If you like them put in my email if you sign up for an account. Oh and with regards to the CNC machine. That sounds very cool. I do some welding and metal work on the side so I would like to hear more.

Old 07-20-2004, 09:32 PM   #18
JeffD
about me

Blazin,
I weld as well. I started out running a cnc punch press. Actually it was two. When the machines were running, the company let me learn to weld on my own by practicing. Now I weld aluminum using tig or mig, as well as welding steel. My job does not require it as much, but I have friend that owns a sheet metal shop of his own, so I weld for him. Go to finnpower.com and you will see what I work on. It is easier to explain that way. I will try the pictures and see what I can get on here. It will be this weekend though. I am busy with work and when I get home, you got it, I clean the dragons dens and the relax. Take care,
Jeff

Old 07-21-2004, 02:26 PM   #19
Blazin
Thats cool Jeff

I just recently bought a Lincoln Pro-Mig 135. Have done some wrought iron work and some other stuff. Thinking about building some of my own design freedom breeder type racks. Thanks for the site I am going to check it out.

Old 07-25-2004, 11:58 AM   #20
unicorn37757
Wink

Hi, I'm Penny & I live in East Tennessee. I just got my 2 baby bearded dragons on Wednesday; they're so adorable. I haven't quite figured out yet what I want to name them. I was a little worried about them not eating right but this morning one ate some green from me & they both started eating their crickets. Guess they just needed to get use to their new environment. We also have an iguana (Rex) that we got from my sons girlfriend as she was afraid of him (?) He's probably about 1 1/2 years old, not really sure. We're his 4th owner so he's a bit aggressive & is going to take some time to get use to people period. We also have goats, dogs, cats, fish, & a tarantula (not mine!!!)

Penny

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!